Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last

Thread: New Skin for rico

New Skin for rico

Cool New Skin for rico

Hi, I made a new skin for Rico.
    no more latino lover style,
    Now a real wild style, with crocodile leather jacket, tatoo, and more.

watch the Video Here
    (i can t find the way to have a better resolution in 720p in youtube sorry)

SOME PICS
    pics1
    pics2
    pics3
    pics4

Download it here or Here click on "Télécharger ce fichier" or you can download it Here and please give me your feedback

That's some awe right there. Welcome to the forums BTW.

IMHO Rico is a more aggresive bond, thats just from my perspective and I like it, for me you overdid it with the tatoos, that's not a complaint, if fact I want to say good work and it's great to see the modders really starting to get their teeth into this game, hopefully I'll see a sleeping bag a tent for Rico soon, just gotta love rolelpay.

Hey spyloops, i have been looking for a way to extract the .arc archives, and of course repack them to be useable with the game. What did you use to do your texture mod there?

EDIT: And, btw, the file is "temporarily unavailable" according to megaupload.

ok try to Download it Here

im writing a tutorial to let you know how make your own skin mod

I don't know what insert.exe does, but if it modifies the arc files directly, that's completely wrong way to do it.

Create a new directory called 'dropzone' in your game directory.

Put image77-40658944-699192-.dds and image83-42799104-699192-.dds into that directory.
    Rename image77-40658944-699192-.dds to mc01_clothes_dif.dds
    Rename image83-42799104-699192-.dds to mc01_shirt_dif.dds

Start the game, those properly named files will override the ones in the arcs.

Datashocker i will explain you how i do for extract and repack , but maybe gibbed he s right i have to try, thx gibbed for your trick...

1) for extract i use quickbms (by Luigi Auriemma) i found a tutorial Here

Download these
    the soft quickbms
    and the the script

a) Extract the quickbms and run and select justcause2.bms,

b) then select the ARC you want to extract

c) select the output folder where extracting the files

d) Run..... Wait

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Now for repack,i use a very simple insert.exe (from bebou007)
    you can download it Here

a) put the insert.exe in archives_win32 in your just cause 2 directorie

b) start the tool insert.exe

c) in the insert.exe windows select the *.DDS files modded and click open

d) now play and have fun !!!!

Now the community can make creative stuff .....

Originally Posted by gibbed
    Start the game, those properly named files will override the ones in the arcs.
    Have you discovered if theres a way to put custom stuff in without overriding the originals, for instance as I've mentioned I'd like to see a tent that Rico can pitch, obviously there is nothing in the original archives for this.

Originally Posted by RunningBare
    Have you discovered if theres a way to put custom stuff in without overriding the originals, for instance as I've mentioned I'd like to see a tent that Rico can pitch, obviously there is nothing in the original archives for this.
    You can refer to new content sure, but you'd have to override some other content to add the new actions or whatever.

You can refer to new content sure, but you'd have to override some other content to add the new actions or whatever.
    He would not nessacarily require new actions, a button pressed and the tent is pitched, it's the geometry and texture I'm thinking more of.

Originally Posted by RunningBare
    He would not nessacarily require new actions, a button pressed and the tent is pitched, it's the geometry and texture I'm thinking more of.
    What I mean is, the game is not going to magically find new content -- you'd have to refer to it somewhere, so that the game will pick it up.

Such as setting up an exported entity and adding it to the black market.

What I mean is, the game is not going to magically find new content -- you'd have to refer to it somewhere, so that the game will pick it up.

Such as setting up an exported entity and adding it to the black market.
    Sorry, my confusion, I've modded FO3 and Oblivion, by using scripting it's possible to point to new models, I was just curious as to whether that would be possible with JC2, this is one game I certainly would like to mod but I do not have the tools to investigate further, so please forgive me if I seem like I'm bugging you with questions.

LOVE that skin, can't wait to see others.

spyloops, that kicks butt.
    Rico looks like a hardcore urban+wilderness survivor man.

Only niggle I have is the sideburns, they're more like mutton chops and look a bit stupid, if you tone those down a bit I'd have no complaints.

I'm excited to see what you come up with next.

lol

PNG? seriously?

PNG? seriously?
    Sorry about that , it was xfires default image type and I forgot to change it

Lmao.

Outstanding work on Crocodile Rico. I'd love to get this skin, spy...but your download is dead. Can you please re-up this? Perhaps on a less restrictive source? Megaupload, maybe?

Thanks in advance.

ok i don t understand my megaupload yesterday didin t work and now that s work again so download it Here or Here click on "Télécharger ce fichier" or you can get it Here

Perfect. Thanks again, spy for the skin. Done and done. So much better than the original.

Cheers, mate.

I would like to have Rico the hulk skin (green skin) to any one who can do it for example GIBBED

Has anyone thought?

You could edit the image with a photo of yourself via overlay and be a hero in a video game

Hey TC I hope you dont care but I wasnt a fan of the chops or the earings so I made some mods to your excellent skin. Here is a pic of the changes...

• darkened beard to be black
    • removed earings
    • removed skulls and replaced with default jewelry
    • decreased "mutton chop" sideburns
    • no skull on shirt front

The work is still the TC's I just wanted to make some personal preference changes. Said changes would be impossible without the TC. this is still his work only modified.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last