Thread: Game starts freezing randomly after a couple of hours

Game starts freezing randomly after a couple of hours

Game starts freezing randomly after a couple of hours

I know that there are half a dozen of other threads like this, but it seems that most of them are a little diffirent from mine.

The game played fine for about 3 hours, I completed the first stronghold missions for all of the factions and one mission for the Roaches. But when I play a little, it could vary from 20 seconds to 20 minutes, the game stops for a second and then minimizes to the taskbar and I can see my beautiful desktop, I can still hear the sound and I can still move my character around and shoot things, but I can't see anything, because I can't maximise the game again.

I looked at the event files, and it says that it's somehow my ati driver problem, because it says that the driver stopped working or something like that. But it has to be the games problem because I have updated my driver to the latest (10.3). My directX is up-to-date.
    And the game runs at steady 20-30 fps at medium settings. I have tried using older drivers, but no cigar. It obviously can't be my hardware problem because the game works just fine for a couple of hours, but then this starts.

Originally Posted by Rain908
    I looked at the event files
    Where is this file ?

Btw it crashes after 5 minutes for me.

Unplayable.

Originally Posted by sku1zx
    Where is this file ?

Btw it crashes after 5 minutes for me.

Unplayable.
    Type in 'event viewer' into the search tab under start.

I know that there are half a dozen of other threads like this, but it seems that most of them are a little diffirent from mine.

The game played fine for about 3 hours, I completed the first stronghold missions for all of the factions and one mission for the Roaches. But when I play a little, it could vary from 20 seconds to 20 minutes, the game stops for a second and then minimizes to the taskbar and I can see my beautiful desktop, I can still hear the sound and I can still move my character around and shoot things, but I can't see anything, because I can't maximise the game again.

I looked at the event files, and it says that it's somehow my ati driver problem, because it says that the driver stopped working or something like that. But it has to be the games problem because I have updated my driver to the latest (10.3). My directX is up-to-date.
    And the game runs at steady 20-30 fps at medium settings. I have tried using older drivers, but no cigar. It obviously can't be my hardware problem because the game works just fine for a couple of hours, but then this starts.
    Maybe your graphicscard get too hot.. Have you checked your computers temperatures?
    steam: mixters

Nome dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: JustCause2.exe, versione: 1.0.0.1, timestamp: 0x4ba03352
    Nome del modulo che ha generato l'errore: unknown, versione: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x00000000
    Codice eccezione: 0xc0000005
    Offset errore 0xe04d44e0
    ID processo che ha generato l'errore: 0x948
    Ora di avvio dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: 0x01cace5c0d57bb8d
    Percorso dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: G:\Just Cause 2\JustCause2.exe
    Percorso del modulo che ha generato l'errore: unknown
    ID segnalazione: 0b575481-3a50-11df-b1f2-0022153bdb77
    Unknown error..

Originally Posted by mixterz
    Maybe your graphicscard get too hot.. Have you checked your computers temperatures?
    No, before playing the game the temperature for the card is about 40-50, but after the game crashes it's at 50-60, nothing too major.
    Also note that the crashing starts at a certain period, so temperature is inrelevant.

Also a new discovery, it seems that the crashing starts after I complete the first mission (after stronghold takeover) for the roaches, I'm not sure if the same effect occurs when I do the first mission for the reapers or ular boys. At first I get the CTD, but when I go back to the same save the problem stated above starts occuring.

No, before playing the game the temperature for the card is about 40-50, but after the game crashes it's at 50-60, nothing too major.
    Also note that the crashing starts at a certain period, so temperature is inrelevant.

Also a new discovery, it seems that the crashing starts after I complete the first mission (after stronghold takeover) for the roaches, I'm not sure if the same effect occurs when I do the first mission for the reapers or ular boys. At first I get the CTD, but when I go back to the same save the problem stated above starts occuring.
    Try to verify the game files on steam, or if that doesnt work try and download Driver Sweeper to remove some old driverfiles that is still left over on your computer that could cause this problem.

Try to verify the game files on steam, or if that doesnt work try and download Driver Sweeper to remove some old driverfiles that is still left over on your computer that could cause this problem.
    Already did that. I triple checked the drivers, I completely uninstalled it, with the help of Driver Sweeper, and installed a fresh installation of 10.3 version of ATI driver.

Already did that. I triple checked the drivers, I completely uninstalled it, with the help of Driver Sweeper, and installed a fresh installation of 10.3 version of ATI driver.
    In that case... the only thing you could do more, is to reinstall the whole game.. I think..

btw: what are your system specs? i forgot to ask earlier.

In that case... the only thing you could do more, is to reinstall the whole game.. I think..

btw: what are your system specs? i forgot to ask earlier.
    Why would reinstalling the game help at all if other people have the same problem, it's like if you'd want a pie, but the only pie in the party has gone bad and you suggest that I'd take another piece.

Specs:
    AMD Phenomen 2X 3ghz
    ATI Radeon 3650 HD 512mb
    2gb Ram

You can all estimate yourself happy!

On my Asus G51VX laptop (1gb GTX260M, dualcore>3GHz, gb RAM, etc), the game freezes like after ONE MINUTE of playing, and there's no way to fix.

I'm gone to wait like... minimum 1 month to play

Originally Posted by La Sardine

On my Asus G51VX laptop (1gb GTX260M, dualcore>3GHz, gb RAM, etc), the game freezes like after ONE MINUTE of playing, and there's no way to fix.

You can play by loading an older save. Sure you can't progress the story, but it's still fun to spend time blowing up north koreans, oh I mean Panuan military

Originally Posted by La Sardine

same here

so is the tech team ever going to reply? it's quite frustrating when I can't finish a game I paid for

If your playing the game fine for a few hours then your driver is failing, thats almost certainly your graphics card is overheating and the driver is failing to protect it.. ensure your machine isnt overclocked too much and has good cooling, this game does push hardware, erm, hard..
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    If your playing the game fine for a few hours then your driver is failing, thats almost certainly your graphics card is overheating and the driver is failing to protect it.. ensure your machine isnt overclocked too much and has good cooling, this game does push hardware, erm, hard..
    It's not overheating, it's always at 50-60c.
    It starts crashing after a specific moment.
    I sometimes play the game for hours by just not doing missions, but it gets boring quite quickly.
    Stop blaming our hardware.