Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Annoying texture problem on roads.

Annoying texture problem on roads.

Those look like artifacts caused by heating issues. Maybe check the temps of your gpu cpu, and case. report back here with that info.

Originally Posted by mHtt
    Those look like artifacts caused by heating issues. Maybe check the temps of your gpu cpu, and case. report back here with that info.
    did you actually read the thread? or just the first post and then write?
    t
    temp of gpu has been hinted at and OP has already posted results for temp. please read the entire post next time!

your missing the point.

if it were artifacts caused by his GPU, it would be all over his screen, not on road textures.

Originally Posted by Vasilli
    Why dont i have this with other games, like bad company 2 i play those with no problems
    And i played the demo and didnt got this problem at all
    answer to that is simple. no two games are ever coded the same! one game might hammer you video card real hard and be heavy on the GPU and memory..another might be coded to use far more CPU power and a little of your GPU but not hammer the GPU ram as much.
    On top of that it will depend what memory addresses certain features access. it might be your card is simply over heating or a memory chip isbeing pushed to hard is faulting.

STALKER is renowned for really burning up video cards! thats just how the game engine is. compared to say CRYSIS which hammered both GPU and CPU; but did it fairly evenly.

the statement: " i can play other games fine" just tells an experienced PC techie, or user that things generally run ok. Sadly every game is different and every computer has different software and ways it is installed.Those changes make a HUGE difference. ON TOP OF THAT every electrical component in your pc will run on slightly different tolerances to those of the same make/model in another pc. Your CPU might overclock 12%, but another from the same batch and model number might be able to go 17% or maybe only 6%; thats simply because the tolerances of the components cannot be guaranteed. you can generalise, but never be sure.

next up the DEMO was early code. the final game is tweaked quite a bit more than than the demo. you dont hold E to half as long to pick up health.; same with weaponary; weather systems are more frequent in the full game, on top of that the game is pushing alot more code around in the full release. For instance if you left the demo area all you could see was empty grey spaces where town should be, and the landscape was never fully formed. In the full game all that is rendered and thought about and has to be shoved around.

but enough of that: try this for your next test:
    head into your USER accounts and create a new user as an administrator, then log into that account and test/run the game and see if the glitches still occur. it "might" just be something odd in your user account settings for windows.

uninstall your vid drivers and go back to a previous version or one of the BETA sets. test them.

set your drivers settings to DEFAULT. in the NVIDIA drivers there are settings for things like multi gpu, and forcing antialiasing and all that stuff..go through those settings and set evertyhing you find to "application controlled" or "default"

test and let us know

Originally Posted by AussieSausage
    your missing the point.

if it were artifacts caused by his GPU, it would be all over his screen, not on road textures.
    not always. ive seen dozens of video cards in my time as a techie that will and do glitch only at certain points and with certain software.
    usually if its driver/software based the glitch will be far more obvious. like the Pink textures that ATI had with the original Far Cry and curiously the pink textures that were seen on The Hunter (which uses the same engine as Just Cause 2 btw)...those were real obvious gltiches and software based..
    what the glitches are in the screenshots here is corruption of output, rather than corruption of given textures and graphical data. if it was a gltitching texture that "laid along the road" i would agree that it was probably software based..as it is these look far more like "artifacts" that hint more towards hardware.
    on top of that the resolutions ive listed are aimed at sorting out the basics of both hardware and software errors!

I tried everything you guys said still the same. its the only game i have such a problem i play alot of games without any troubles. Bad company 2, bioshock 2 etc.
    I just cant believe its my grafics card because just cause 2 is the only game that gives a problem. And only on roads asphalt. Not on bridges also asphalt but there it doesnt glitch. Or other roads close to buildings doesnt glitch mud roads also dont glitch.

Pls just cause 2 support people help me out.

Get a new Power Supply. If you notice on the image you posted earlier, your +12, -5, and +5V VCCH are WAY out of spec. Could be the road is using a part of the GPU that is rather power hungry. Either way, your PSU readings shouldn't be that off spec.

Originally Posted by Dradien
    Get a new Power Supply. If you notice on the image you posted earlier, your +12, -5, and +5V VCCH are WAY out of spec. Could be the road is using a part of the GPU that is rather power hungry. Either way, your PSU readings shouldn't be that off spec.

I think ill give that a try. thnx for your info.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12