Thread: Possible game modes

Possible game modes

Originally Posted by ZeroFernir
    As I understood, the humans hunt was for vampires, and vice-versa...
    OH, I thought they were hunting for something else in the fog, I misunderstood. A classic hunt sounds good, but I think it'd be a great Capture the Glyph idea too.

Really? I found this idea rather silly... the opposite of it I liked: the thorches idea, in a map full of fog... It was suggested somewhere around...

EDIT: it was in this topic =P http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...9665#post69665
    I was thinking of objective game mods. When I meant smoke stacks I meant the factory that produces the smoke. The humans would attack it to stop producing the smoke. The fog idea sounds like a nice game mode though I will admit.

This would be excellent DLC that could add lore-based scenarios.

The vampires corpses in his citadel were of the same kind as the SR1 Dumahim. It likely happened after Nosgoth's period. On a positive note, we don't know how long it took Dumah himself to reach his SR1 form... it could be inappropriate to have him fully evolved, while his clan is not, as that would require other clan leaders to be similarly evolved(well the older lieutenants at least...)
    That aside

Q's :4 & 5
    Ignoring how Dumah was found would be a bit of a backhand...

Dumah was not simply sitting on his throne, his hands were cuffed to the throne itself. He was also impaled. Likely in that order, but humans, in our world, actually staked dead bodies to prevent them from rising as vampires. Still, I'd guess that they stunned him, bound him to the chair and finished him with the massive spikes.

That creates opportunity. If we follow your plan of objectives,

Bridge, Gate, Patriarch,
    The vampires (players) could be almost too late. Remember the arrogance Raziel spoke of? Dumah likely wasn't guarded. It makes for a great horror factor to find your Patriarch in real danger of dying. It would bring great pride to the humans to see that their strike force had reached Dumah while the other objectives of storming the fortress were ongoing.

Dumah could be encountered:
    1. One spike in him, bleeding him.
    2. Have x limbs bound to the chair
    3. Already be weakening from battle.

Or some combination of the three.

Q: 3.
    A weakened Dumah would still be a powerful foe. He could be on the brink of being stunned, but have deadly attacks at his disposal.

Perhaps the humans used Moebius's staff? It could have been destroyed in this particular battle. Perhaps by Dumah as he is bound to the chair? A mini cinematic could be good for that: Weakened Dumah is bound to the chair. One vampire manages to shatter the staff. Human reinforcements (players) rush in. Vampire reinforcements rush after (players).

Objectives for the final portion: Humans must impale Dumah with 3 large spikes.
    Vampires must kill humans and free Dumah.

Having these battles on multiple maps/locations would also make it possible for other players to enter a battle later, when and if players drop out during a separate battle.

Q:2
    Tough one. Dumah is a tough choice... NPC would be easiest, but Being Dumah... well... let me put my thinking cap on...

If we use what I stated above... Dumah being freed could allow for a player to take control of him.
    Random, or most kills gets first shot. Players could loose control of him after Dumah recieves enough damage (he becomes stunned and player respawns as dumahim).
    A lottery system could work: More kills means more chances to be chosen as Dumah. (even people who suck can get a decent chance :P).

Big question: Can vampires win?

Options:
    1. Dumah could get weaker as the battle rages.
    2. Killing all vampires gives humans a bit of time to directly assault Dumah, unperturbed. (assuming vampires don't respawn automatically, but en mass ((the dev's described this a a potential mechanic))) (It would be nice if Vampires could revive allies, at least one's that weren't immolated).

It could be decided that humans will win, but points can still be tallied for # of kills and rescues, ect.
    -----
    Unlockables:

After enough plays or achievements:

Vampires other than Dumahim could be selected to participate in 'advanced matches'. (a reward after being a loyal player).
    Perhaps another tier could have Traitorous vampires (preferably non-Dumahim) assisting the humans.
    When opportunity knocks...(Dumah DID cast Raziel in the Abyss...)

It is good with variation of maps I agree on that. It just that I´m afraid of people rushing such maps just to earn the "win-points"

(click image to enlarge)

Originally Posted by Vallass
    OH, I thought they were hunting for something else in the fog, I misunderstood. A classic hunt sounds good, but I think it'd be a great Capture the Glyph idea too.
    That sounds pretty fun. Fog Could be stand alone or combined with other modes. I didn't think of those other possibilities

I agree with everything except with the unlockables. Also I say that whoever plays Dumah should be the Vampire with the highest points. Nothing sucks worse than having the worst player on your team being the objective. Its like having the worst guy on Counter strike hold the bomb. But to make it fair I suggest the higher points the more chance for you to get Dumah.

Originally Posted by Anansios
    This would be excellent DLC that could add lore-based scenarios.

The vampires corpses in his citadel were of the same kind as the SR1 Dumahim. It likely happened after Nosgoth's period. On a positive note, we don't know how long it took Dumah himself to reach his SR1 form... it could be inappropriate to have him fully evolved, while his clan is not, as that would require other clan leaders to be similarly evolved(well the older lieutenants at least...)
    That aside

Q's :4 & 5
    Ignoring how Dumah was found would be a bit of a backhand...

Dumah was not simply sitting on his throne, his hands were cuffed to the throne itself. He was also impaled. Likely in that order, but humans, in our world, actually staked dead bodies to prevent them from rising as vampires. Still, I'd guess that they stunned him, bound him to the chair and finished him with the massive spikes.

That creates opportunity. If we follow your plan of objectives,

Bridge, Gate, Patriarch,
    The vampires (players) could be almost too late. Remember the arrogance Raziel spoke of? Dumah likely wasn't guarded. It makes for a great horror factor to find your Patriarch in real danger of dying. It would bring great pride to the humans to see that their strike force had reached Dumah while the other objectives of storming the fortress were ongoing.

Dumah could be encountered:
    1. One spike in him, bleeding him.
    2. Have x limbs bound to the chair
    3. Already be weakening from battle.

Or some combination of the three.

Q: 3.
    A weakened Dumah would still be a powerful foe. He could be on the brink of being stunned, but have deadly attacks at his disposal.

Perhaps the humans used Moebius's staff? It could have been destroyed in this particular battle. Perhaps by Dumah as he is bound to the chair? A mini cinematic could be good for that: Weakened Dumah is bound to the chair. One vampire manages to shatter the staff. Human reinforcements (players) rush in. Vampire reinforcements rush after (players).

Objectives for the final portion: Humans must impale Dumah with 3 large spikes.
    Vampires must kill humans and free Dumah.

Having these battles on multiple maps/locations would also make it possible for other players to enter a battle later, when and if players drop out during a separate battle.

Q:2
    Tough one. Dumah is a tough choice... NPC would be easiest, but Being Dumah... well... let me put my thinking cap on...

If we use what I stated above... Dumah being freed could allow for a player to take control of him.
    Random, or most kills gets first shot. Players could loose control of him after Dumah recieves enough damage (he becomes stunned and player respawns as dumahim).
    A lottery system could work: More kills means more chances to be chosen as Dumah. (even people who suck can get a decent chance :P).

Big question: Can vampires win?

Options:
    1. Dumah could get weaker as the battle rages.
    2. Killing all vampires gives humans a bit of time to directly assault Dumah, unperturbed. (assuming vampires don't respawn automatically, but en mass ((the dev's described this a a potential mechanic))) (It would be nice if Vampires could revive allies, at least one's that weren't immolated).

It could be decided that humans will win, but points can still be tallied for # of kills and rescues, ect.
    -----
    Unlockables:

After enough plays or achievements:

Vampires other than Dumahim could be selected to participate in 'advanced matches'. (a reward after being a loyal player).
    Perhaps another tier could have Traitorous vampires (preferably non-Dumahim) assisting the humans.
    When opportunity knocks...(Dumah DID cast Raziel in the Abyss...)
    Or, as most games bring it to us, as Dumah's life reaches 0, we see an animation of he becoming stunned, bounded to the throne and then impaled. That would be really better than what you suggested, IMO. And PLEASE, no traitor vampires, yes?
    signature image

Or, as most games bring it to us, as Dumah's life reaches 0, we see an animation of he becoming stunned, bounded to the throne and then impaled. That would be really better than what you suggested, IMO. And PLEASE, no traitor vampires, yes?
    I absolutely agree. Otherwise it would be hard to balance and all. Sure what you said is more intense and climatic but thats a problem for the devs and a problem for us in turn. I believe Dumah should be a player-controlled special character that can passively regen health at a slow rate. He should look like an uber beefed up Turielem vampire with armour since we all remember how he looked like in SR1. I'm sure Dumah is cocky but the vampires will have to come to his aid it only makes sense. So it would be Dumah and vamps vs humans in the last part of the scenario. However the vamps should have an increased spawn timer to make it possible for the humans to win. And if Dumah's health reaches zero than an cinematic or an animation of him being cuffed and impaled would be sufficient and awesome. Much better like this in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Raziel1228
    I absolutely agree. Otherwise it would be hard to balance and all. Sure what you said is more intense and climatic but thats a problem for the devs and a problem for us in turn. I believe Dumah should be a player-controlled special character that can passively regen health at a slow rate. He should look like an uber beefed up Turielem vampire with armour since we all remember how he looked like in SR1. I'm sure Dumah is cocky but the vampires will have to come to his aid it only makes sense. So it would be Dumah and vamps vs humans in the last part of the scenario. However the vamps should have an increased spawn timer to make it possible for the humans to win. And if Dumah's health reaches zero than an cinematic or an animation of him being cuffed and impaled would be sufficient and awesome. Much better like this in my opinion.
    I think that there sould be some ways to kill vampires other that hitting them: scenario kills, maybe. This way it would be easyer to humans (they really need this help).
    signature image

That sounds pretty fun. Fog Could be stand alone or combined with other modes. I didn't think of those other possibilities
    Fog is an AMAZING add-on for the game. There should be a little in every scenario, I think, just for the fluffy ^^
    signature image

The whole traitor thing was just an idea to retain players. There are plenty of reasons not to, (range vs melee). It could function as a "Free Mode" that is available to people as an unlockable. I personally prefer human vs vampire, but if you want a successful game, you must be able to appeal to others outside your own particular preferences.

I wouldn't agree with mixing "Free Mode" and "Normal Mode". I just think it is important to give people options.

As far as the "0 life", that's fine. I was looking for something with objectives, rather than a straightforward kill, but that is a very simple solution. I miss boss battles that require mini-objectives. Brute force can be fun too.

If theres Fog in-game will the Vamps be able to stealth in it like Kain did in Blood Omen 2?

(click image to enlarge)

The whole traitor thing was just an idea to retain players. There are plenty of reasons not to, (range vs melee). It could function as a "Free Mode" that is available to people as an unlockable. I personally prefer human vs vampire, but if you want a successful game, you must be able to appeal to others outside your own particular preferences.

I wouldn't agree with mixing "Free Mode" and "Normal Mode". I just think it is important to give people options.

As far as the "0 life", that's fine. I was looking for something with objectives, rather than a straightforward kill, but that is a very simple solution. I miss boss battles that require mini-objectives. Brute force can be fun too.
    But you do not have to do something that don't have any sense at all! vampires would never fight alongside humans.

And that is actually the funniest way for THIS battle, and the one that makes more sense... I agree, I miss them too, but why would Dumah be already bounded? That is nonsense =P
    signature image

Originally Posted by MasterShuriko
    If theres Fog in-game will the Vamps be able to stealth in it like Kain did in Blood Omen 2?
    Maybe =P I think Zephonim would.
    signature image

Maybe =P I think Zephonim would.
    Ooh! Rubbing my cla...erh I mean hands.

(click image to enlarge)

Ooh! Rubbing my cla...erh I mean hands.
    Lol!

I do wish a Squar-Enix dev would mention if perhaps some of these ideas are well beyond the scope of their game, or at least mildly worth looking into, for them. Particularly NPC for use as objectives. That would eliminate 1/2 the suggestions here...
    Sad as that could be, we could at least focus on suggestions that could be implemented.

Lol!

I do wish a Squar-Enix dev would mention if perhaps some of these ideas are well beyond the scope of their game, or at least mildly worth looking into, for them. Particularly NPC for use as objectives. That would eliminate 1/2 the suggestions here...
    Sad as that could be, we could at least focus on suggestions that could be implemented.
    Everything could be implemented. making an AI would be hard (I think they didn't had to until now) but it COULD be done. But I agree that dev team should take a look and tell us wich are the ideas we most probably will see in the game.
    signature image

Since this is SR1, it would make a lot of sense to have usage of the Glyphs. Perhaps it could be like a "Capture the Glyph"
    All your rules apply, but gaining the items could give access to glyph spells. Players could choose one of their team's captured glyphs as an active ability.

I love the idea of an explosion Perhaps the glyph could dangerous until it's power has been sealed, THEN it can be captured.

Human's lack vampire weaknesses, but sound waves could stun, Sunlight could blind, water could knock down, or slow down (chilled :P), ect. Powerful glyphs could have much longer cool downs.

Eh? Eh???
    I like where this is going
    signature image

Oh! What if the statues in the places where you get the glyphs in SR1 are representations of the vampire who sealed it away or the human who used it to win a great battle? There could be some backstory there!

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Oh! What if the statues in the places where you get the glyphs in SR1 are representations of the vampire who sealed it away or the human who used it to win a great battle? There could be some backstory there!
    Now THAT was a GREAT idea! That would be fantastic if we've got some of those lore parts =D I would love it *-* Imagine if they do a character like this for the best players? *---*
    signature image

Oh-hoh! I didn't expect this idea to be that successful, thank you folks!
    Too bad I can't take whole credit for it as I am pretty sure that I have seen it somewhere... I just can't remember where!
    Anyway - I am happy everything turned out so well) I hope mods will notice our little brain-storm here.
    The first, bitter taste of that terrible illusion— hope.

Originally Posted by VVZigel
    Oh-hoh! I didn't expect this idea to be that successful, thank you folks!
    Too bad I can't take whole credit for it as I am pretty sure that I have seen it somewhere... I just can't remember where!
    Anyway - I am happy everything turned out so well) I hope mods will notice our little brain-storm here.
    What do you think about variations on this such as "Help Zephon get to his lair" and "Protect the pupating elders"?

The Zephon would be sort of an invasion where the Zephonim take over the cathedral and the humans have to stop them. If Zephon gets killed the vampires lose.

The Pupating elders one would have the oldest members of your clan (I'm thinking Razielim, since they no longer have their leader), all in the state of change and you have to protect them until they emerge. Once that happens, they are even more devolved than the normal playable ones and would decimate the humans quickly.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    What do you think about variations on this such as "Help Zephon get to his lair" and "Protect the pupating elders"?

The Zephon would be sort of an invasion where the Zephonim take over the cathedral and the humans have to stop them. If Zephon gets killed the vampires lose.

The Pupating elders one would have the oldest members of your clan (I'm thinking Razielim, since they no longer have their leader), all in the state of change and you have to protect them until they emerge. Once that happens, they are even more devolved than the normal playable ones and would decimate the humans quickly.
    The Zephon idea looks like a changed version of the one presented before, but I like the idea of having Zephon... I think him as the greatest of the 6 =P

and the Pupating Elders is really cool too =P
    signature image

I wouldn't see why not, or maybe give humans a smaller line of sight against vamps in fog, that might be an easier way to go.

Originally Posted by Vallass
    I wouldn't see why not, or maybe give humans a smaller line of sight against vamps in fog, that might be an easier way to go.
    Then humans should have something too, to balance it.
    signature image

Page 3 of 19 First First 123456713 ... Last