Page 2 of 19 First First 12345612 ... Last

Thread: Possible game modes

Possible game modes

Originally Posted by MasterShuriko
    Hmm minins + players defending Dumah aswell as a Player controlled Dumah against the poor feeble humans might be a bit too much for them.....BUT FUN FOR THE VAMPS xD
    The humans would die to easely. maybe a inta-spawn for humans and delayed spawn for minions.
    signature image

Originally Posted by ZeroFernir
    The humans would die to easely. maybe a inta-spawn for humans and delayed spawn for minions.
    A delayd spawn for the minions for Vampires could be a good feature to add aslong as there isnt a door a shield or similar that blocks the pathway to the battle.
    Ie SWTOR have forcefields blocking the spawn on some maps, even if you spawn and tries to run out the forcefield closes and stops you and the others from coming out and lets the enemies have well enough time to plant bombs and proceed to the next area.

(click image to enlarge)

A delayd spawn for the minions for Vampires could be a good feature to add aslong as there isnt a door a shield or similar that blocks the pathway to the battle.
    Ie SWTOR have forcefields blocking the spawn on some maps, even if you spawn and tries to run out the forcefield closes and stops you and the others from coming out and lets the enemies have well enough time to plant bombs and proceed to the next area.
    I actually think that it is a strange idea. I prefer the spawn to be in waves and delayed for the vampires.
    signature image

I actually think that it is a strange idea. I prefer the spawn to be in waves and delayed for the vampires.
    I wrote to badly. I meant that I hope that we dont get a wall that opens and closes aswell as a delayed timer so that we get stuck behind 2 things that prevent us from going back in the battle.

But I´m for the delayed part =)

(click image to enlarge)

I wrote to badly. I meant that I hope that we dont get a wall that opens and closes aswell as a delayed timer so that we get stuck behind 2 things that prevent us from going back in the battle.

But I´m for the delayed part =)
    Surelly... without it, the humans could not reach Dumah, in tesis, as the game is meat to be balanced.
    signature image

Originally Posted by LifeSnatcher
    Burnout.
    - Each team will need 3-5 players to burn the enemy "base".
    - Random "base" spawned in different locations, so it doesn't become boring after a while.
    - Vampires must eat some NPC's so they can make dmg to human "base", this ability is granted only for a short period of time, Humans must burn the vampires "base", but they'r combat skills are limited when they pick up the "burning kit". Also the "burning kit" will dissapear after it's used on enemy base.
    - The game is decided by time( 15-20 mins - team with most kills win ), dmg to the enemy base or when the base is destroyed.
    In case the enemy base is destroyed, winner team takes more points, matches decided by time give les points.
    The random locations would be a great way to keep things interesting. I hate playing a map that someone has completely memorized. A bit of variability can keep things lively.

Buff 'N Kill
    - Random NPC's spawned in diff locations of the map. 3-4 ( if it's 8 vs 8 or 10 vs 10 ) players in every team must kill them, once a player kills a NPC takes a buff that makes him stronger. Each buff has an ability - HP, Power, Healing, Speed, etc.
    - Players that kills one NPC becomes marked for the other team, so they would know that he is buffed.
    - When the 3-4 players from one team manage to take all the buffs they become invincible = instant win.
    - This mode can also be dediced by time if no team manages to take all the buffs.
    Maybe instead of being completely invincible, they can have a temporary amount of invincibility? That would leave the losing team running scared until the 'completion buff' wears off and they are given a chance.
    Truth be told, I also really like the instant win option. It makes for a clear cut goal besides wracking up kill counts.

Fog 'N Fire
    - In this mode there is only pure hunt, the problem is the whole map is covered in fog.
    - Humans will have a "torch" skill, wich can they throw and see on some radius ( 10-15 m from where the torch has landed )
    - Vampires will have an "eye in the dark" skill, when they use it the can see on a radius of 20-30 m around them, this is just because they are melee.
    Also when humans use the "torch" skill a red point will blink on the minimap of vampires for 2-3 seconds.
    Also there will be some torches on walls that can be lighted by both teams, they will make light for 30-60 seconds in a radius of 5-8 m.
    I really like your torch and wall sconce ideas. The torch making a ping/blip on the map is a cool idea. The devs could determine the duration cool down of the torches so that each player can have at most two active torches (one fresh and one sputtering out). Strategy like that could mislead vampires. Or if limited to one torch, humans would have to work in closer coordination. If they wanted to be tricky. Ex: work in pairs and use one torch as a decoy the other to target enemies, ect.

Fun stuff!

How about a sort of Capture the Flag mode

Ofc it won't be a flag, but it could be some ancient crystal or artifact that could be used to power a weapon or cast a warding spell that could secure victory for the faction but it needs 6 crystals/artifacts to fully charge, each base starts with 3 already found put into place, and you have to retrieve the enemy crystal/artifact to get 6, this is sort of a capture the flag as you can have 1 crystal in your base and them somehow retrieve the other 5 and win, in CTF it's a set number of flag captures, this mode I suggest is much more fluid and dynamic.

Also due to the nature of the crystal/artifact you can't carry more than one at a time as it's unstable energies must be contained and can't be anywhere near each other without the right incantation or container to keep them controled, they would cause some big explosion
    signature image

Field of Spikes
    - a chance to perform some good old fashioned impalement (you know you want to :P)
    Vampire hunters have to not only kill vampires but than put their bodies on spikes like in the Sarafan fields in BO1 or SE2, one player sets up the spike which takes a small amount of time while the other players defend him, the vampires have to kill the humans and free their brothers from impalement doing the same thing (as simply smashing the pikes would leave more than a bit inside them)
    the freed vampires become npcs and fight along side vampires but cannot be revived again in order to prevent, a major imbalance but can be re-killed and impaled again by pursuing humans. winner is decided by who has more impaled or freed by end of match.

As I posted in other thread:

Clan's Matter

Vampires x vampires, FFA (or teams for each clan). This remember us of the razielim extermination =P
    signature image

No offence, but some of the names for these (not any persons in particular) modes sound really cheesy.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    No offence, but some of the names for these (not any persons in particular) modes sound really cheesy.
    Like mine's =P but the idea is what matters.
    signature image

I like the basis of the idea, but the problem I see is that when Raziel reaches Dumah's fortress in SR1, the skeletal remains of the Dumahim scattered about look like the remaining live ones. Which would imply that the siege happened some time after the time period we're working with in Nosgoth.

Originally Posted by Gryregaest
    I like the basis of the idea, but the problem I see is that when Raziel reaches Dumah's fortress in SR1, the skeletal remains of the Dumahim scattered about look like the remaining live ones. Which would imply that the siege happened some time after the time period we're working with in Nosgoth.
    Or vampire corpses just resist better trough time, as the living ones.
    signature image

Originally Posted by VVZigel
    This thread would be a continuation of http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=7381
    I just thought that this might actually be a good idea to create a separate thread for this topic... Feel free to contribute.

IMO - there isn't much to be said or added on that matter, despite that this mode seems to me like some kind of good old "Protect the V.I.P.". That being said, map objectives would end up like this:

Humans
    - Storm the vampire citadel.
    - Assault the Patriarch.

Vampires
    - Protect the Patriarch.

Knowing this - we can already imagine what kind of map it might end up looking like, however, there are a few questionalbe points.

1)Q: How do we handle Dumah? Is it a PC or an NPC?
    A: IMO - he should be a PC, but in order to balance things out and prevent that monstrosity from roaming the map since the very beginning - he should be spawned only after all previous human objectives have been completed and their current one is to assault the Patriarch.
    E.g.:
    Objective 1 - Lower the bridge. - Done.
    Objective 2 - Open the gates. - Done.
    Objective 3 - Assault the Patriarch. - In progress.
    - this event should trigger Dumah to spawn. Until then - he should not be present on the map at all and have access to his room blocked from eveyone, including vampires.

2)Q: How would a player be chosen to be Dumah?
    A: Pure random. Lets give everyone a chance! As soon as humans recieve their final task - one of the vampire players is respawned as Dumah.

3)Q: How powerful should Dumah be?
    A: IMO - crazy powerful, like insta-kill attacks and such. He is a bloody Patriarch after all, you don't joke around such creatures! As we can remember from SR1 - he was a hulknig brute, thus we obviously see what kind of strengths and weaknesses he might possess, implying that humans should be using hit-and-run tactics, which is absolutely logical and fits their current ranged-only agenda. In order to balance things around lesser vampires - once final objective is revealed - they should have treir respawn timers incresed. By how much? - No idea just yet. But long enough to give humans an opportunity to fight Dumah.

4)Q: How is Dumah going be killed? In SR1 he was impaled with 3 spikes.
    A: IMO - that particular moment shouldn't be precise. Not only humans would have to fight a mostrous creature protected by minions, but also somehow impale it on 3 spikes?.. Please... I think that giving Dumah an abundant amount of HP should be more than enough. The process of impalement should be purely cosmetical - like some kind of outro when humans win the match. Because if you remember - Dumah was impaled on his throne and I really doubt it was done voluntarily.

5)Q: What are the conditions for humans to lose the match?
    A: Simple! - We put a timer here. Once their time runs out - humans lose.

P.s. Well that is it... I hope this ends up being helpful. I am very sorry for any mistakes and overall simplicity of my speech - English ain't my native language, but I try to do my best.
    Yes.

Originally Posted by Raziel1228
    Yes.
    woah, that was... significant.
    signature image

woah, that was... significant.
    Nothing needed to be said. His idea is nearly flawless."once final objective is revealed - they should have treir respawn timers incresed. By how much? - No idea just yet." I say increase the spawn timers by either 10 seconds or double. His idea really has no flaws at all. Its like a scenario map which is pretty good. I don't expect this to happen by launch but when they release some dlc then this should be put in there with it.

Nothing needed to be said. His idea is nearly flawless."once final objective is revealed - they should have treir respawn timers incresed. By how much? - No idea just yet." I say increase the spawn timers by either 10 seconds or double. His idea really has no flaws at all. Its like a scenario map which is pretty good. I don't expect this to happen by launch but when they release some dlc then this should be put in there with it.
    Maybe we create some more of this ideas and they lauch a DLC with MISSION kind of match. This way we could be a introduction to the lore, that would be linked with the other games.
    signature image

Maybe we create some more of this ideas and they lauch a DLC with MISSION kind of match. This way we could be a introduction to the lore, that would be linked with the other games.
    If you mean like another event in the SR1 era then yes I agree completely. How about when the vampires attack the Silenced Cathedral? Its an objective hat they have to stop it from ringing and it then belongs to clan Zephonium afterwards.

Originally Posted by LordNekronom
    How about a sort of Capture the Flag mode

Ofc it won't be a flag, but it could be some ancient crystal or artifact that could be used to power a weapon or cast a warding spell that could secure victory for the faction but it needs 6 crystals/artifacts to fully charge, each base starts with 3 already found put into place, and you have to retrieve the enemy crystal/artifact to get 6, this is sort of a capture the flag as you can have 1 crystal in your base and them somehow retrieve the other 5 and win, in CTF it's a set number of flag captures, this mode I suggest is much more fluid and dynamic.

Also due to the nature of the crystal/artifact you can't carry more than one at a time as it's unstable energies must be contained and can't be anywhere near each other without the right incantation or container to keep them controled, they would cause some big explosion
    Since this is SR1, it would make a lot of sense to have usage of the Glyphs. Perhaps it could be like a "Capture the Glyph"
    All your rules apply, but gaining the items could give access to glyph spells. Players could choose one of their team's captured glyphs as an active ability.

I love the idea of an explosion Perhaps the glyph could dangerous until it's power has been sealed, THEN it can be captured.

Human's lack vampire weaknesses, but sound waves could stun, Sunlight could blind, water could knock down, or slow down (chilled :P), ect. Powerful glyphs could have much longer cool downs.

Eh? Eh???

Originally Posted by Anansios
    Since this is SR1, it would make a lot of sense to have usage of the Glyphs. Perhaps it could be like a "Capture the Glyph"
    All your rules apply, but gaining the items could give access to glyph spells. Players could choose one of their team's captured glyphs as an active ability.

I love the idea of an explosion Perhaps the glyph could dangerous until it's power has been sealed, THEN it can be captured.

Human's lack vampire weaknesses, but sound waves could stun, Sunlight could blind, water could knock down, or slow down (chilled :P), ect. Powerful glyphs could have much longer cool downs.

Eh? Eh???
    That was an awesome idea, iven though I think personally I wouldn't lika a CTF game mode on Nosgoth.
    signature image

If you mean like another event in the SR1 era then yes I agree completely. How about when the vampires attack the Silenced Cathedral? Its an objective hat they have to stop it from ringing and it then belongs to clan Zephonium afterwards.
    Someone has already suggested it in this same topic =P

EDIT: it was Cradlis.
    signature image

Well theres the raid on Dumah, vamps invading the Silenced Cathedral and I was thinking of one where the humans attack the smoke stacks trying to stop the sky from being covered.

Fog 'N Fire
    - In this mode there is only pure hunt, the problem is the whole map is covered in fog.
    - Humans will have a "torch" skill, wich can they throw and see on some radius ( 10-15 m from where the torch has landed )
    - Vampires will have an "eye in the dark" skill, when they use it the can see on a radius of 20-30 m around them, this is just because they are melee.
    Also when humans use the "torch" skill a red point will blink on the minimap of vampires for 2-3 seconds.
    Also there will be some torches on walls that can be lighted by both teams, they will make light for 30-60 seconds in a radius of 5-8 m.
    I LOVE this idea. It's a blind race to the finish. Although I think it'd be interesting if the...you didn't say what they were hunting. Haha, oh well, details. Anyway, it'd be awesome if it changed position every so many minutes. A stationary objective is a bit dull to me. And what is it they're supposed to do with it? Capture, kill, etc.? It should be a timed capture or kill too, so that the other team can try and stop you from succeeding. The movement timer should still be counting down too. I both love and hate when I'm JUST about to win and I run out of time. Maybe the team who was capturing gets a radius burst of where the objective is now. No pinpoint flare, just an area burst. A decent sized area, but I'd assume it's a rather large map for this. A small map would basically mean 2-3 minute games. And as much as I like short games, that's a little ridiculous.

Well theres the raid on Dumah, vamps invading the Silenced Cathedral and I was thinking of one where the humans attack the smoke stacks trying to stop the sky from being covered.
    Really? I found this idea rather silly... the opposite of it I liked: the thorches idea, in a map full of fog... It was suggested somewhere around...

EDIT: it was in this topic =P http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...9665#post69665
    signature image

Originally Posted by Vallass
    I LOVE this idea. It's a blind race to the finish. Although I think it'd be interesting if the...you didn't say what they were hunting. Haha, oh well, details. Anyway, it'd be awesome if it changed position every so many minutes. A stationary objective is a bit dull to me. And what is it they're supposed to do with it? Capture, kill, etc.? It should be a timed capture or kill too, so that the other team can try and stop you from succeeding. The movement timer should still be counting down too. I both love and hate when I'm JUST about to win and I run out of time. Maybe the team who was capturing gets a radius burst of where the objective is now. No pinpoint flare, just an area burst. A decent sized area, but I'd assume it's a rather large map for this. A small map would basically mean 2-3 minute games. And as much as I like short games, that's a little ridiculous.
    As I understood, the humans hunt was for vampires, and vice-versa...
    signature image

Page 2 of 19 First First 12345612 ... Last