Page 19 of 19 First First ... 91516171819

Thread: Possible game modes

Possible game modes

Originally Posted by Kootkha
    I imagine a map with a huge Fortress and a small part of village below

Avernus Cathedral (with Avernus the town) and Willendorf with its castle would fit well there. Maybe an all new map with the castle that once belonged to the Nemesis...

Sadly, game modes requiring their own maps seems to be a tough sell here. I still want a proper Capture-The-Flag mode with unique maps (like every other game ever). But overall, this sounds like a more refined and campaign-esque take on Flashpoint. And I'm okay with that.

Could use a Sanctuary of the Clans map too (no small village unless some vamp worshippers set up home nearby). Say the humans took it over and vamps are trying to push back.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 4th Dec 2015 at 04:51.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Sadly, game modes requiring their own maps seems to be a tough sell here.
    Yes, I see the point. Though maybe we can divide existing maps with some kind of barricades, saving the whole principe I described?

But yes, I'm fully agreed with u, It would be far more interesting to use some Lore-binded places like Avernus, Meridian, Sarafans Stronghold.

Originally Posted by Kootkha
    Yes, I see the point. Though maybe we can divide existing maps with some kind of barricades, saving the whole principe I described?

But yes, I'm fully agreed with u, It would be far more interesting to use some Lore-binded places like Avernus, Meridian, Sarafans Stronghold.
    Existing maps don't fit so well. No big fortress or capital region to be defending or conquering. Sommerdamm itself is basically just a fortified truck stop (metaphorically) on the road to Meridian.

I hadn't considered Meridian before, actually...But now that you mention it, Sommerdamm's status as a defensive zone on its outskirts would make Meridian well-suited for the mode. Sarafan Stronghold probably doesn't exist in any decent state anymore though.

New maps designed around specific game modes should be a thing at some point either way.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 4th Dec 2015 at 08:11.

Had an idea come to me while I was thinking about the talent system. Since Nosgoth is focused largely on team deathmatch, arena style, a concept for another game mode, purely for fun, would be to have a second set of very powerful talents for each class.

Game Mode: Paragons

Fighting at a level of strength just below the Pillar Guardians and Kain's lieutenants, humans and vampires across the land engage in spectacularly savage battles. Utilizing a second set of talents alongside the first earned from class levels, weapons and abilities are augmented drastically so that engagements with each class are much more lethal.

Since this mode is just for fun, any number of crazy but creative talents could be rolled out for the classes. Imagine a summoner whose ghouls grow in strength with every execution, in health and damage... A hunter with a doubled firing-rate repeating crossbow... A reaver who clears double the distance for charged melee attacks. These paragon talents can be used with the class talents we have now and there are 3 or 4 for each class.

I think this would be a great addition to Nosgoth's lineup of game modes. There doesn't have to be a great emphasis on balance but some should be strived for, otherwise other classes lose their luster. After having played some 5v5 deathmatch where it's quite a bit more chaotic, Paragons would also be a neat option to have.
    Last edited by TheDreamcrusher; 21st Jan 2016 at 18:03. Reason: grammar

Originally Posted by TheDreamcrusher
    Had an idea come to me while I was thinking about the talent system. Since Nosgoth is focused largely on team deathmatch, arena style, a concept for another game mode, purely for fun, would be to have a second set of very powerful talents for each class.

Game Mode: Paragons

[...]
    So basically TDM but the classes get crazy hyper-powers?
    Gah, why'd 5v5 have to roll out today. Stupid me, committing myself to bonding time...

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    So basically TDM but the classes get crazy hyper-powers?
    Gah, why'd 5v5 have to roll out today. Stupid me, committing myself to bonding time...
    Yep! Pick your power, see what crazy stuff you can get away with. Perhaps give them some drawbacks so you can learn to counter them?

Nosgoth needs more Game Modes

I don't know if I am the only person who suggested this, but only have Team deathmatch in Nosgoth is kinda getting

old. I do like team deathmatch yet I also like other modes and no not that even where you fire a cannon as humans a

certain number of times. Just to rise an alarm which is a very unpopular even in my opinion. I think a mode like capture

the flag would be kinda nice only difference is that instead of a flag vampires have to capture a civilian to bring it to a

certain point. While humans have to protect the civilians for a certain set of time. Or what about a survival mode where

you gotta stay alive as long as possible against onslaughts of enemies like a PVE mode? Maybe some kind of siege mode

where you raid places and do objectives? Oh or a boss kind a mode where it is like a raid sorta? the game really needs

then just deathmatch. It really does which would make it way more interesting and fun. Plus it would bring up the

score and interest of players more.

There's already a capture the body mode but it's still in beta (or alpha, i dunno). There's also a mode where you have to capture control points as humans and vampires are supposed to stop you. But nowadays it's all about the leagues, unfortunately. We don't see much of those other modes anymore.

Originally Posted by The_Dapper_Sapper
    There's already a capture the body mode but it's still in beta (or alpha, i dunno). There's also a mode where you have to capture control points as humans and vampires are supposed to stop you. But nowadays it's all about the leagues, unfortunately. We don't see much of those other modes anymore.
    Flashpoint isn't even worth being a game mode. It's just the same deathmatch stuff. The only thing it changes is that it requires humans (and vampires, by extension) to rotate around the map more to capture points but time would be better served tweaking general mechanics so that movement is more encouraged in any mode.

And CtB is fun and all but its background story still makes no sense and its far from a proper Capture the Flag mode. It's more akin to TF2's Payload mode, actually - and TF2 has a separate CtF mode so they could still do one proper for Nosgoth.

Speaking of the Piller thing why not make it Humans and Vampires working together against hordes of the demons? I mean it would make sense since demons hate humans and vampires plus wouldn't there be the Hylden?

Originally Posted by paleknight1
    I don't know if I am the only person who suggested this, but only have Team deathmatch in Nosgoth is kinda getting old.
    I 100% agree with you right there!!!! It seems since League has been created nothing else matters. If you don't play League its like meh to you, scum of the earth! What you want something else to play other than League? Are you serious? Nutcase!

Where are our other game modes in rotation? Gone! GONE! We haven't seen either CtB or FP for ages (it seems like forever - FOREVEEEEEEEEERRRRRRR) let alone heard the thought of the devs working on any new game modes to keep peoples interest in the game.

Ugh No FUN allowed in Nosgoth
    End Rant.

No one will have time for other modes, since they're all busy trying to get prizes (and I mostly mean skins because only the top 10% or so will have a chance at cash) in league. That means the devs will focus on primarily that mode.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

I would so enjoy a coop mode...or the Patriarch* one

These are the ones i'd like the most to see...although the devs already confirmed there is no plans for an AI mode (tears).
    Hopefully they have something on the works though...even if it's something simple like making Siege and CTB 24/7.

Dumah's soul was devoured in the Soul Reaver series. Also Nosgoth takes place after the other 5 games.

Dumah's soul was devoured in the Soul Reaver series. Also Nosgoth takes place after the other 5 games.
    No, it takes place during the 1000 years that Raziel is in the abyss.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    No, it takes place during the 1000 years that Raziel is in the abyss.
    Indeed. Raziel is burning in the abyss in the time period Nosgoth is set. Hence the less devolved fledglings and the backstory involving the lieutenants arguing and having a civil war.

The staking of Dumah is one of the things that probably happened in the current 'War For Nosgoth', so it would be epic to see it realised in the game.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

...Do you even play Nosgoth? Because that is just so plainly incorrect that you can't possibly have actually played it. O.o

The chronology goes: BO>Raziel's execution>Nosgoth>SR>SR2>Defiance>BO2 (The order of Defiance and BO2 is a bit tricky. Memories of BO2's events flare into Kain's mind at SR2's end but the major events of BO2 occur after Janos' revival in Defiance.)

Speaking of the Piller thing why not make it Humans and Vampires working together against hordes of the demons? I mean it would make sense since demons hate humans and vampires plus wouldn't there be the Hylden?
    There's no evidence that demons hate humans and vampires. Aggressive by instinct, perhaps. Like hippos: They don't hate you but they will totally kill you. The demons loosed by Azimuth don't attack her or her followers, all human. The demons in SR2...Never quite explained but I like to think Moebius popped through to BO's era and borrowed Azimuth's pets to send to SR2's era.

Semantics aside, demons would be a threat to both sides but they don't appear to have survived into SR. When Raziel traveled back in time during SR2, the old vampire hunters had adapted into demon hunters to handle the demons slipping through the weakened binding. By SR1, they seem to have re-adapted entirely toward the vampire threat. Mind, there's 500-1000 years between Nosgoth and Raziel's revival so...Who knows.

My guess is that demons were properly made extinct though. As for the Hylden, the Marked Skins clearly demonstrate some influence of theirs in the SR era. And the utterly wracked binding would indeed allow them through - albeit only through possession. So they could certainly "appear" but only as possessed creatures.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 9th Mar 2016 at 21:51.

Page 19 of 19 First First ... 91516171819