Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Modding Question:How to open ARC files

Modding Question:How to open ARC files

theres 2 of them so far, unfortunate neither will let us ave them yet!!

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=915091&page=3

if neither dont release them il continue making my own, slowly getting there with it =P

theres alot of obj files in there. 3DSMAX

looks like we have a way to extract and modify textures now, neat, hopefully soon we will be able to start modifying game files, to add new weapons and stuff to that effect.

Originally Posted by roadreaction
    looks like we have a way to extract and modify textures now, neat, hopefully soon we will be able to start modifying game files, to add new weapons and stuff to that effect.
    I'd like to see new textures for rocks, concrete and some buildings, even at max setting with full anistrop they are not nice to look at close up, on one very large building with a flat roof you can see where they stretched the texture rather than tile, the pixels of the texture itself are larger that Ricos feet!

Originally Posted by RunningBare
    I'd like to see new textures for rocks, concrete and some buildings, even at max setting with full anistrop they are not nice to look at close up, on one very large building with a flat roof you can see where they stretched the texture rather than tile, the pixels of the texture itself are larger that Ricos feet!
    i agree, but the real enemy here is weapon textures, they look horrible, weapons and the player charachter should be extremely high res, he is the weapons arnt.

how are people opening all the offzipfiles and dds?

dds files can be opened with either paint.net or gimp both are available for free.

as for the offzip format that I have no idea, but you'll also need a way of getting everything back in to the original format too.

I wish pc game makers could take a chapter out of Bethesda' bible and build their engines for the modding community - it dramatically increases the shelf life of any and all games, even oblivion which some people didn't enjoy playing, enjoyed modding it to their own liking to the point of changing the mechanics and fundamentals, ditto for Fallout 3.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12