Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Bad performance and problem Framerate.

Bad performance and problem Framerate.

Originally Posted by craig3000
    Just cause 1 wouldn't have been running, SSAO, any nvidia CUDA effects, textures/shadows may have been a lower quality and the draw distance wouldn't have been the same either, there would have been other smaller updates that make Just Cause 2 demanding as well, it uses a new version of the avalanche engine
    That's right.
    But its not prevent the game is not improve, it's worse.
    I'm buy new PC two month ago, should now make a sli to run a game on full detail without AA ?

craig3000 sorry i don't very good, i'm 850watts of power.

Sorry I can't help you much, it's hard to understand online without seeing your computer and the game running

That's no problem thanx you for you help

Been tweaking some settings today to get the best performance. As well as setting shadows to medium and texture and object detail to high, i've also turned off SSAO, AA, set Anisotropic filtering to 8x and turned off all the CUDA crap, it helped a "little" - although the framerate stilll goes to hell once you're in a moderately small firefight.

It's not a normal slowdown either. It's like everything "drags". Damn shame, because i'd say the settings are on par with the console versions now.

I'm running latest drivers on all my hardware too.

Any ideas anyone?

Originally Posted by Gregs2k2
    ... It's not a normal slowdown either. It's like everything "drags"...
    So you are getting the strange Input Lag too. I know a few people were experiencing this with the demo, but I've been wondering why it hasn't been mentioned more about the full game. Frame-rate drop I can sort of live with, but when the controls start to feel like treacle it makes playing the game almost impossible.

Originally Posted by -Morlock-
    So you are getting the strange Input Lag too. I know a few people were experiencing this with the demo, but I've been wondering why it hasn't been mentioned more about the full game. Frame-rate drop I can sort of live with, but when the controls start to feel like treacle it makes playing the game almost impossible.
    Yeah, exactly.

If I understand you say that the game is unplayable because importante Frame-rate drop, because controle of the game is unplayable.
    That's right .

Edit: For win much fps, set the shadows to Medium, the shadows are more beautiful, look the difference:

High Shadow:
    http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/94728073-4.jpg
    Medium Shadow:
    http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/94728094-4.jpg

Fail

And Good game all.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12