Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Poor performance on an i7

Poor performance on an i7

Originally Posted by Eidos Support
    @Dyron: Thanks for the info. Your graphics card drivers appear to be fine however you may want to do a selective startup through msconfig to reduce the amount of backround utilities and applications that are running before starting up the game, this reduces the chance of software conflicts of interest.

Also, I checked over your motherboard and it looks like your BIOS hasn't been updated in a while. Your current BIOS version, so long as I am reading your msinfo correctly, is "FB". The latest one is "FI". There are improvements made to various aspects, it's recommended that you look in to updating it. You can get you BIOS updates from http://www.gigabyte.com.tw

Thanks a lot for this info! I did a clean driver installation (With sweepdriver) and updated my BIOS. Now I can play JC2 with everything maxed out with no LOW FPS issues I even connected my PC to a 46 Inch TV and I played it on 1920*1080 with NO ISSUES. I have a constant framerate at about 40-50. I also noticed a massive performance boost on Metro 2033 and Bac Company 2.

Originally Posted by -Morlock-
    I have a similar system (i7-920, GTX275) and am also getting some heavy slowdowns.

Are the rest of you getting the bad Input Lag as well? When my framerate drops, the response time for my mouse/keyboard/Controller also becomes really sluggish, with a huge delay between action and reaction.

I'm wondering if this is affecting only a few people or whether it is a standard problem for the game.
    Seems coincidental my rig is similar to yours and the OP. I'm running a GTX 295, i7 920 with 3GB DDR3 RAM with Win7 x64. I also get the control lag (feels like the game "drags").

Quote:Originally Posted by -Morlock-
    I have a similar system (i7-920, GTX275) and am also getting some heavy slowdowns.

Are the rest of you getting the bad Input Lag as well? When my framerate drops, the response time for my mouse/keyboard/Controller also becomes really sluggish, with a huge delay between action and reaction.

I'm wondering if this is affecting only a few people or whether it is a standard problem for the game.

Seems coincidental my rig is similar to yours and the OP. I'm running a GTX 295, i7 920 with 3GB DDR3 RAM with Win7 x64. I also get the control lag (feels like the game "drags").
    Just for contrast,i have had no issues running GTX 260, i7 920 @ 4.0ghz with 6GB DDR3 on win7 pro 64.
    However,Vsync was causing random slowdowns,not just in built up areas but seemed to occur every 30 seconds or so,no matter where i was.Turned it off and honestly cant see any noticable tearing and performance is excellent.

Originally Posted by t0prid3r
    Just for contrast,i have had no issues running GTX 260, i7 920 @ 4.0ghz with 6GB DDR3 on win7 pro 64.
    However,Vsync was causing random slowdowns,not just in built up areas but seemed to occur every 30 seconds or so,no matter where i was.Turned it off and honestly cant see any noticable tearing and performance is excellent.
    You're right. Vsync was causing the majority of slowdowns for me too. I took it off, much much smoother now. It does drag slightly but it's barely noticeable. I can even have the fancy CUDA stuff on now. I'm happy Thanks.

Originally Posted by t0prid3r
    Thanks that's good to know. I always have VSync turned off, but maybe I should look at overclocking my i7... are there any good overclocking tutorials around?
    -- Just Cause 2 is potentially the best game I have ever played, but PLEASE fix the "Input Lag" and "Camera AutoCentering" on the PC version --

No problem guys.

... are there any good overclocking tutorials around?
    There are some good tutorials on youtube......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmNT1dURDPc ---- asus P6X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAzz4oOWA3E ---- gigabyte EX58

Take it easy if you have a stock cooler though.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12