Thread: Cool announcement time (PAL gamers only).

Cool announcement time (PAL gamers only).

Cool announcement time (PAL gamers only).

To tie in with tomorrow's PAL release of Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition, we've got a little some extra up our sleeve:

Two Batman: Arkham Asylum™ challenge maps available to all to download in PAL territories.

Free Flow Combat Challenge Map fans can hone their crime-fighting skills as Batman: Arkham Asylum™ is updated today with two combat Challenge Maps becoming available to all to download exclusively from Xbox®LIVE Marketplace, Games for Windows®LIVE Marketplace and PlayStation®Store. Previously available to download only through unique, limited-edition tokens, the Crime Alley and the Villain (also known as the Scarecrow Nightmare) Challenge Maps are now available to download individually for 240 MS Points on Xbox 360 and PC and for £1.99 / 2,49€ on PlayStation 3.

In Batman: Arkham Asylum, BATMAN finds himself trapped inside the confines of Gotham’s psychiatric hospital for the criminally insane, ARKHAM ASYLUM. The Joker has set a trap for the DARK KNIGHT and has conspired with the deranged inmates to eliminate Batman once and for all. Adding to the authenticity of the game are veteran animated Batman voice talents Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy, who reprise their roles as The Joker and Batman respectively.

Batman: Arkham Asylum features an original story by Paul Dini, Batman writer and five-time Emmy Award winner whose credits include Lost and Batman: The Animated Series. Gamers will move in the shadows, instil fear amongst their enemies and confront The Joker and Gotham City's most notorious villains, including HARLEY QUINN, BANE, KILLER CROC, POISON IVY and SCARECROW, who have taken over the asylum.

Batman: Arkham Asylum is available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Games For Windows® LIVE. The Game of the Year Edition will be released in PAL territories from March 26th, 2010 and will come complete with six extra challenge maps on disc, including the Crime Alley and Scarecrow Nightmare Challenge Maps, and features an innovative new technology which offers a play-in-3D option compatible with all standard and high definition TV sets.
    Just to underline - this isn't applicable for those in the US, Canada or Japan

If I get any news regarding these territories you'll be the first to hear.
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

Coolness!
    I killed Jason Todd and all i got was this lousy t-shirt.

The user formally know as Why_So_Serious_?
    Awesome, I missed your posts Keir... XD
    Formerly Why_So_Serious_?
    PSN - jackb994 - ADD ME!

Cool beans, you PAL peeps are luckY!
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

I am kinda tempted by these, but I read an article about a PS Store update earlier and it said these two maps were going for £1.59 each.

Ah well, I suppose an extra 40p isn't asking too much.

So this is the CE exclusive map and Gamestop exclusive map? The Scarecrow map is definitely worth the money if you had to get one.

So with the release of the GOTY in the US, the other maps should be up on the marketplace around the time of its release?

Originally Posted by Abeja
    So this is the CE exclusive map and Gamestop exclusive map? The Scarecrow map is definitely worth the money if you had to get one.

So with the release of the GOTY in the US, the other maps should be up on the marketplace around the time of its release?
    i would think so....even tho i already have all 6 maps i still want this game again

From the it says the 2 maps from the preorder and collector's edition will be up for sale online for folks who didnt preorder and/or buy the collector's edition... no need to rebuy the goty unless you want the 3D...

So no love for US? DAMMIT!! That really brings my piss to a boil... >

:'(

I really do not understand this, isn't Batman most popular in the US or do they just hate us yanks?

Originally Posted by Doat1
    I really do not understand this, isn't Batman most popular in the US or do they just hate us yanks?
    They dont hate just all yanks, they just hate you only kidding just a little reference from a programme i like.

Maybe theyre shooting themselves in the foot here?

A little of my decision to buy the GOTY was to aquire all the maps available. but wont people just buy these and not bother with the GOTY addition?

I should work for Eidos marketing yea? when do i start?.
    I made a promise on the grave of my parents to rid this city of the evil that took their lives.

Well they are based in LONDON!!!!!!!!!!!! That has to count for somthing...jkjkj