Thread: Retail PC Availability in Canada?

Retail PC Availability in Canada?

Retail PC Availability in Canada?

Has anyone been able to locate a retail boxed copy of Just Cause 2 in Canada, more specifically, the lower mainland in BC? I have a preorder for the PC version that was supposed to be here yesterday but not one store has recieved any. Ebgames/Gamestop gives me the usual, "We haven't recieved any copies yet, we will phone you." and we all know they won't so I'm forced to look else where. Futureshop, London Drugs, Best Buy, Walmart, not one has recieved. I wouldn't be surprised if the date was pushed by two days now so sales on steam would happen first, its been done before and I just have a feeling again (I won't buy from steam, I want a physical copy of my own). If anyone has been able to buy a copy from a store here please do let me know where you made your purchase.

Originally Posted by DeeZaster
    Has anyone been able to locate a retail boxed copy of Just Cause 2 in Canada, more specifically, the lower mainland in BC? I have a preorder for the PC version that was supposed to be here yesterday but not one store has recieved any. Ebgames/Gamestop gives me the usual, "We haven't recieved any copies yet, we will phone you." and we all know they won't so I'm forced to look else where. Futureshop, London Drugs, Best Buy, Walmart, not one has recieved. I wouldn't be surprised if the date was pushed by two days now so sales on steam would happen first, its been done before and I just have a feeling again (I won't buy from steam, I want a physical copy of my own). If anyone has been able to buy a copy from a store here please do let me know where you made your purchase.
    I spoke with Gamestop US calling centre and this is what they told me:

-The PC version is delayed until the 25th when it's delivered, and on shelf on the 26th because of bilingual issues with the box art.

-I Live in S.Ontario

Yeah, I could not find the box at EBgames or Futureshop.
    They said they only got the console versions.
    I just downloaded from Steam in the end.

mHtt is probably right about the box languages. Most games I buy nowadays seem to have two instruction books and 2 covers. An english and french instruction book enclosed, plus a bilingual cover placed over the original one. I bet it is a pain in the butt for the publishers.

I live in Canada, too. It sucks but this is very common, there is a delay for adding the dual language packaging. It doesn't happen every time but it happens a lot. It's not really the developer or publisher's fault.

this thing always happen in Canada, no choice.

Originally Posted by capable heart
    I live in Canada, too. It sucks but this is very common, there is a delay for adding the dual language packaging. It doesn't happen every time but it happens a lot. It's not really the developer or publisher's fault.
    You're right, it's not the dev's fault or publisher's fault. It's QUEBEC'S fault. They are nazi's in Quebec about their language and have forced laws into effect that every single thing sold anywhere in Canada has to have English and French on it.

This is how bad they are in Quebec: If you have a business in Quebec, your store signage MUST have the French at least 50% bigger than the English on the sign. If the English writing on the sign is bigger than that, you get a fine of like 500$ at first, then if you don't fix it, it goes to 5000 or something. They actually have "language police" (Communist much, Quebec?) who go around all over the province looking for stuff like that.