Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Discuss: Founder packs

Discuss: Founder packs

Originally Posted by DeIYIon
    I heard talk of discounts on the founders packs for being in alpha or something, How much is it?
    Down at the bottom of the Blog page where they discuss the Bundles....I *Believe* thats the pricing they have for the Packs for Alpha/beta guys. So the Immortal one'll be like $50 bucks instead of like...150.

Edited cuz my brain stopped working. Fixed.
    Black Cardinal Peaches, at your service. I stream things sometimes. Wanna see?

Yeah I'm not going to sugar coat it, I'm unimpressed by what these packs offer as an alpha player.
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

With those packs will the normal invites rate drop a lot or not? Just wondering if i have to wait a couple of months and then get in or i'm better to get the low price one coz there is no chance to get in... Didn't even have the confirmation e-mail yet...

Got the e-mail... time to wait
    Last edited by Delorien94; 16th Mar 2014 at 05:44.

Originally Posted by Razaiim
    Yeah I'm not going to sugar coat it, I'm unimpressed by what these packs offer as an alpha player.
    I'm going to get an immortal pack (the $50 one). The runestones and the reaver skin are well worth it to me and I can use them to buy even more skins so I can change it up regularly and buy a few permanent items as well, with the booster I can use it to finish getting the other permanents to. The weapon name tags are an interesting thing to, but I think that we will be the only ones to see the names of them, last thing we need is other people seeing the name of it when it's something like "you got pwned lol," something immature and rude like that will not be something I want to see when I get killed!

The invites can be handy to, I know there are some folks on the forum that will want them and I have a few friends that are interested in the game, and on the chart they showed, the symbol for the immortal badge looks really cool. One thing I want to know about the golden bows though, can we use that as a skin for any weapon? And why no gold cannon!? I like the game enough to drop money, but no way I'm getting that 150 pack. :X
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

Originally Posted by Razaiim
    NO man, lets be thankfull for being able to spend up to 50 dollar to get a few skins and some runestones to get a few perm unlocks or more skins.
    Its not like i can buy 3 whole games on steam for 50 dollar that have triple the content without any grinding.

So far i would barely spend 5 euro/ 8 dollar on this game for the whole content that it offers currently.

Investing a larger amount into an uncertain future of a game that as already predefined its future as f2p grind/unlock, but remember only "sidegrades" , moneytaker , i will not support this kind of business.
    These bundles are not customer or beta-tester friendly whatsoever! The only service so far they do, is for their own pockets to be filled with money from an unfinished product that has a wonky business plan for the future. Take your time to think about it.
    A list of guaranteed future features and their way of handling several concerns of the the community in the future, would make this less of a blind faith/hope investment.

I'll probably get the immortal pack, since the discounted rate doesn't seem too bad and I think I probably should, considering the amount of nagging I've done. However, I can see why people wouldn't want to pay the full £90. That is pretty steep for what's included.

I think some statement about what the money would be spent on would make it seemmore worthwhile. Perhaps founders could get additional extras as time goes on.

Are founders programmes a similar thing to how kickstarter works, where you're paying for a future product to be made as opposed to the small reward you get? Maybe SE should market it in the same way such as:
    "Once amount X has been donated, we can add feature Y"
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Batm0n
    heres my question. if im invited from a friend, do I still get the discounted price of the founders pack?
    Let me answer this for you batmon,
    If you are able to play the game you are able to buy the founder packs for people who already got access. You can even buy them after buying a different founder pack.

You can probably even buy all of the packs if you want.

Hello people.

First of all I'd like to know if these Silver and Golden chests are already unlocked or will we be forced to buy "Treasure keys" (500 RS each one) to open them?

And then another question regarding account data (player lvl, characters, unlockables, stats etc) wipe after Closed/Open beta testing period ends. If this wipe will occure what will happen to all the goodies people have bought for "real" money (by this I mean RS).

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Prime_Abstergo
    First of all I'd like to know if these Silver and Golden chests are already unlocked or will we be forced to buy "Treasure keys" (500 RS each one) to open them?
    The chest/chest keys are what is supplied - so there is no additional cost to unlock them...

Originally Posted by Prime_Abstergo
    And then another question regarding account data (player lvl, characters, unlockables, stats etc) wipe after Closed/Open beta testing period ends. If this wipe will occure what will happen to all the goodies people have bought for "real" money (by this I mean RS).
    In past it was said if they have to do a wipe all real money will be refunded to your Nosgoth account – but the plan is as far as we’ve been told for their not to be one.

Although I think it may be a little on the steep side for the money aspect I do understand why we should support them in makeing the game. I just think it may be so expensive its held out of the range of many people that want much of the stuff.

That being said I'll be eating noodles and keeping any running costs in the house for me is kept well down for a month so I can afford a good pack.

Big Grin Yes!

I am beyond thrilled to finally see the Founders Packs and the pricing, especially as in-game bundles for Closed Beta players!

First of all, I am pleased to be able to support the development of this game, as part of the Legacy of Kain franchise which I cherish dearly - so the Immortal Founder Pack seems like a logical choice! Personally, I have never purchased any kind of game currency or pack or anything of a sort, so I am not the one to talk about the pricing, but I am more than happy with the offer and value I get for the price, three times as happy in fact, considering the Closed Beta discount!

I can't wait for them to appear under the BUNDLES tab in the game!
    signature image

Any word on what kinds of items will be in war chests?

I'm mainly wondering -- will the items be purely aesthetic, or will they have function(s)? Will they simply be special variations on existing items, or perhaps something completely new?

Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    Any word on what kinds of items will be in war chests?

I'm mainly wondering -- will the items be purely aesthetic, or will they have function(s)? Will they simply be special variations on existing items, or perhaps something completely new?
    As per the original blog post, they'll contain rare and uncommon equipment. Uncommon equipment have one set of stat modifiers (negative and positive), rare have two sets of stat modifiers. They're similar to the chests you get from levelling up, except silver chests always have 1 uncommon item, and gold chests always have 2 rares.

I'm fairly certain of this, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    IGN: Aquilus

Page 2 of 2 First First 12