Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Glitch: Can't get past the first mission, any help?

Glitch: Can't get past the first mission, any help?

Cool

Originally Posted by vaidas40
    yes, i have tried this, settings were correctly set to space bar. also tried to reinstall game.
    don't know if that has to do anything with it, but dialog in helicopter is out of sync for about 4-5s
    hey there,
    Check the Sticky...
    Fixed mine with Video drive upgrade and turning down the setting in the advance options for gfx.

i cant spell the names but i turn the 2 things that are get x6 and x16 by default to x4 each
    Helped alot with my Problem.
    also update sound drivers could help as well. Video lags if subtitles are on as well. vioce and mouth movement seem to be synced ok. but sub-title is out still by 2 secs.
    im guessing to give u time enough to read whats being said...
    first time i opened it today i had to have sound off and read the dialog.

if your still having Problems goto the tech bit and post a "dxdiag"
    google if your not sure how.
    very easy.

enjoy ya game :P i am

another thing i found reduces lag.. is "alt-ctrl-del" and end task on the "gameUI" *(bit that lets you Shift-tab for friends ect while in game*) however achivements dont seem to come up while this is turned off.
    not checked if they still show on profile as i left mine enabled "friend pass this tip to me around 3am UK time"

Originally Posted by BOLO
    Norton will think Norton is a virus.
    Its funny you say that... had friend who bought new laptop... i was trying to show him how bad norton is.. had a joke virus.. label "fun.exe."
    it makes out its deleting the content of your hard drive.. was very convising back in win98 time. then 5 sec after says this is a joke and you should protect ya self more.

i installed panda AV>. "same engin as norton" and its detected fun.exe as a threat.. bear in mine i did not update was panda bacis.. 2002.. this was 6 weeks ago.. lmao.. did same thing with norton system works. 2000.. and (after uninstalling panda but not the brande new Norton)
    New norton detected old norton and tried to tell me there was a bot hijacking the computer lol
    bear in mind this machine had not been on internet at all.
    lmao..
    so your 90% right lol
    :P laterzz

Still no fox on that:-/ controls dont work, WSAD, Q, F, ESC and ofc mouse work without RMB/LMB. Trird time game reinstalled, uninstalled AV, and have new drivers still nothing.

Vista x64 and on Win 7 same issue on other PC.

There has to be something `unique` about your setup, as clearly its something unique on your machine causing the issue to arise, as its not affecting others.

What make/model of your keyboard/mouse? is it a logitech g13?
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

All i can see is:

Logitech LX3 Optical Mouse
    Logitech Media Keyboard Elite

I've seen other games not liking Logitech before as they use custom drivers for basic functions.. have they tried plugging in normal keyboard and mice to see if that works?

Trying with new Setpoint drivers, and maybe i will use usb instead ps2 connection.

Good luck.. i take it u dont have a basic simple keyboard/mouse to try?

good thing about windows 7 is all my logitech gear runs on a windows generic driver. my G9 mouse still works great and i don't have all that resource taking programs from Logitech.

Tryed with new drivers...and ps2/usb :-/ still same.

After each time i starting/leaving the game new filles are added to my folder, like:

JustCause2_game.exe.4592
    JustCause2_game.exe.4488

and few more, can open them with notepad, it looks like some kinda log files.

Still dont understand why Activate key work, F key works fine to, f1 same, and wsad :-/ but cant use 1-0, whats funny, space key didnt work at first mission, but after i get save file after first jump, i can use space key :-/ really weird

Those Justcause2_game.exe files are dumps from the game if you exit `unexpectedly` i believe..

so for some reason u now able to use space bar? u made a save game whilst in midair then? since in theory if space wasnt working before you wouldnt have been able to activate the parachute to land safely..

Hi i've got the same error. I don't think it's a drivers/hw problem, it seems the game dosen't load the next part of the mission.

I've tried with another savegame found on the net, find the 2nd memory card, the game don't show any objectives on the map. The mission remain stuck at "go get a gun".

Getting a gun is right back at the beginning area, just before where the 2nd memory card is.. you will need to back track a little bit..

As i said its something unique to the peoples hardware/software setup thats causing the controls not to work as intended, as if it was JUST the software then everyone wouldnt be able to use the parachute and the save game you found wouldnt exist etc..

i found the gun, killed some guys, explored the place and didn't found any memory card, the subs freezes at the line "go get a gun"

after getting the pda the dialogue skips the "Land outside that base" line, and i can't open the parachute

I am curious. Are the people having this problem installing the full game from a disc?
    Did they remove the demo from their computer first?
    Steam automatically removed all of the demo before it started downloading the full game.
    I was just wondering if the demo and full game would have files that are conflicting.

Well, this strange, got save game from friend on next stage/mission...and i can use/change weapon..but i cant use space/jump after that omg partialy playing game from friend save :-/..isnt the way i want.

PS: Game run smooth on max details, but those bugs killing my joy.

And one more thing about those "Justcause2_game.exe" files, i have delete all, started game, and i was at main menu, and used alt+tab, and new file was created after i started game not after i left/close.

Just so you know. Justcause2_game.exe is a crack by Skidrow not a dump I believe.

That's strange, 3 times installed from steam, so steam making cracked version now or...?!

Ahh yeh the exe is justcause2.exe aint it not justcause2_game.. the justcause2_game exes are not official steam files..

Been checking by `crashing` my game on purpose and it definitely creates the dump files based on the exe that is ran, so if you are getting justcause2_game.exe that suggests that somethings amiss.

How many files do you have in your steamapps\common\justcause2 folder? ie the folder where the game exe sits?

Tisk tisk I sense a ban!

Page 2 of 2 First First 12