Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Eyefinity bug. Still.

Eyefinity bug. Still.

Eyefinity bug. Still.

Gotta first say that even with these little bugs, this game is oodles of fun and I'm really enjoying it.

EXCEPT when i run the game using Eyefinity (triple-screen) The vehicle/chopper hijacking promts never show. Though they DO show just fine when using single-screen. This happens for Matrox users as well, and was also present in the demo. Very unfortunate that this wasn't fixed for the full game.

And the HUD elements are still on the outside screens, but it's not a huge deal for me. I'd rather see a hijack fix, as it makes the game neigh unplayable.

And the skydiving movement controls are still FAR too sensitive, and do not reflect teh sensitivity when on foot.

But seeing how even the DEMO was patched at least twice, I'm optimistic that a patch be along soon.

What catalyst drivers are you using? 10.3 Catalyst will be bringing changes to eyefinity, which might help. What OS do you have and what is your graphics card? If possible, upload your dxdiag and msinfo files somewhere so we can check them.
    Eidos Support
    Contact Support Directly:
    Square Enix Support Europe
    Square Enix Support North America

Heh, i really DID mean to put all that in the original post..

Win7-64 Ultmate
    Newest 10.3 drivers with Bezel Compensation on (also occurs without BM)
    XFX 5870
    q9550 quad 3.5ghz
    4gb ddr2-833
    7200rpms HDDs
    XFI Xtremegamer

The game runs great and every other overlay elements shows up, like the HUD and hacking prompts. I know I'm not the first to have this problem, and it only happens for multi-screen resolutions.

I've tried turn on/off a lot of setting both in-game and through CCC. No change.

I read about someone else how just switches resolutions whenever he needs to hijack, but that's a pretty p.i.t.a. remedy...

There's some feedback about it at http://widescreengamingforum.com/for...18622&start=30 It looks liek a user that uses a Matrox box also gets this, so it's not solely an Eyefinity problem.

I have this also -

win7 x64
    radeon 5850 10.3 beta drivers
    E8200

running at 5040x1050 or 5300x1050 bezel compensated.

Exactly the same problem, the game works perfectly in eyefinity apart from the hijacking prompts. Changing the resolution to single-monitor instantly fixes it. Everyone using triple screens reports the same thing in both the demo and full game.

Is there a way to just disable the QTE entirely or change the keys required to complete it? Loads of people find them annoying anyway...

Thanks for making such an awesome game!

I too would like a fix for this problem ...
    I'm running the demo across three screens using the Matrox TripleHead2Go.
    As jpiles says there is a fair few on the WSGF with this problem in TripleHead ... http://www.widescreengamingforum.com...p?f=57&t=18622

(I haven't got the full game unlocked yet as I'm in the UK)

And I also agree it would be nice to have the HUD on the center screen as it is difficult to see all the info with it on the side screens.

Thank you ...
    i7 • X58 • 2 480's • 12GB DDR 3 • 150GB VelociRaptor • 1TB • 1000W • X-Fi • FX5051 • TJ07B • TH2G-D • 3 x Dell 2405 FPW

Adding my voice...
    The missing QTE prompts tarnish the otherwise flawless gameplay experience in triple-screen. Please fix !

Yes, please add central HUD and fix the vehicle/chopper hijacking promts, im running triple monitors with a matrox, and drivers are updated.

Just thought I'd toss in that, when using a controller to play, the hijack prompts are still not shown.

Oh pleeeeeeeeease fix this. Playing this game in Eyefintiy is spectacular (how do you roll R's in text form?) and not being able to hijack is a real pain. Yes, changing resolutions works, but it's a real gameplay-breaker.

But really, when those prompts show in single-screen, they're so freaking easy that they may as well not be there in teh first place. Or at least just let us shoot the pilot/driver

Yes. Loved the demo so pre-purchased on Steam.

Also running Matrox TH2G0 (3840x1024) on three screens (the game is beautiful BTW) and would like to see these issues fixed.

Thanks!

A couple of screens to illustrate the prompts issue ...

Single screen showing prompt ...

No prompt in TripleHead ...
    i7 • X58 • 2 480's • 12GB DDR 3 • 150GB VelociRaptor • 1TB • 1000W • X-Fi • FX5051 • TJ07B • TH2G-D • 3 x Dell 2405 FPW

This is such a beautiful game I'm glad I bought this.
    I have to voice the same issues brought up here.
    If you center the HUD display and add the hijacking prompts, this game goes into my top 3 games with the sheer enjoyment factor.

LOL I was trying to hijack the car in like the opening missions and I was sooooo frustrated.
    I was like "what the hell does it want me to do I DONT GET ITTTTT" haha
    glad I figured out why at least.

Thank you for your consideration for us widescreen gamers, and even more thanks for making this compatible from day 1

D A N N Y

Bump. Also, is everyone still getting the ALT prompt appear on cars that go past for you to jump onto?

Dxdiag and msinfo here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1293175/DxDiag.txt
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1293175/msinfo.txt

Since we're all having the exact same problem, hopefully you'll find something in there.

thanks, really want to upgrade from the demo soon!

Originally Posted by Paddywak
    A couple of screens to illustrate the prompts issue ...
    Nice, very clear.

Saw a couple of posts around indicating that the prompts appear just fine on 3 non-widescreen resolutions (eg 3x 1280*1024). This may be a CLUE to the cause of this problem?

Originally Posted by pizza65
    Saw a couple of posts around indicating that the prompts appear just fine on 3 non-widescreen resolutions (eg 3x 1280*1024). This may be a CLUE to the cause of this problem?
    My TripleHead screenshot above showing the lack of prompts is 3 x 1280X1024.

...good point.

A word from the devs or Eidos that they are looking into this or that a fix is coming would be nice ... it really is ruining an otherwise AWESOME game for those of us playing in TripleHead.

Originally Posted by Paddywak
    A word from the devs or Eidos that they are looking into this or that a fix is coming would be nice ... it really is ruining an otherwise AWESOME game for those of us playing in TripleHead.
    I would like to add my plea. If you have made the excellent step to support triple-head, please support it fully. Maybe I can suggest an option that eliminates QTE when we hijack occupied vehicles(i.e. just press E to hijack) if some difficult rendering issue is the cause of this?

I am having this same issue on a new fresh format i7 920 12gb of ram and hd5870, 5040x1050 resolution. A fix would be much appreciated!

BUMP. no answer from eidos? i bet that the overlay picure is just miss placed on larger resolutions because of the 21:9 aspect and no 16:9

To be honest, completely disabling the QTEs would be the best by far, they add nothing to the game even when they work...

I've also emailed the square enix support that's linked to by steam, i'll see if they respond.

What is really odd about the lack of prompts is that in the demo, I had no problem at all.

Had I known this would happen in the full version, I would not have purchased.

Yes, it;s pretty ;lame that no devs or anyone from Eidos hasnt piped in on this. Had i known o fthis issue, I would not have purchased it until i rad of a remedy.

It makes me nervous. And i fidn it a bit odd that there;s no patch yet, considering there were at elast teo updates released for the demo.

Maybe they're plannign somethign stupid like folding it in to soem DLC or something.

Pleeeeeease, , FIX THIS! Dont; make me cry.

or better yet, remove the hijacking QTE's altogether. and it's weird that the hacking QTE's always work.

Originally Posted by Wazoo
    What is really odd about the lack of prompts is that in the demo, I had no problem at all.

Had I known this would happen in the full version, I would not have purchased.
    I had the same issue in the demo.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last