Thread: Beyond The Scion

Beyond The Scion

Hi - my first post here to preview my new game Beyond The Scion that has just been released.
    It contains 7 playable levels + cutscenes. The locations featured are Atlantis, Australian outback, Bolivia, Peru, Sri Lanka and the Congo.

Loved Atlantis, it was superb. Just finishing off Peru and looking forward to the next level

omg! where can i download it??!!
    signature image

Cool

This game is incredible, a must-have!

Just download it, you don't need the Level Editor to play it!
    signature image

welcome to the forums, EssGee

I downloaded this level a few weeks ago on recommendation of one of your beta testers and will be playing it soon. The screenshots look beautiful!

I have a question, in the zip filename it says "-normal", does it mean there are different versions?

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    omg! where can i download it??!!
    http://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=2254

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Yes there is also a hard version, which has tighter timed runs, less camera clues and fewer pickups.

hmmm, I like the idea of harder timed runs to max out my player skills and fewer pickups to push me to use as little health & ammo as possible, but I'm not so sure about less camera clues.

I really dislike it when in a custom level you pull a lever and don't hear anything happening nor see a camera pointing at the place where it triggered something. I then often end up searching the whole level for what the hell that lever did and end up finding an opened door not even close to the lever and with no logical connection, which is really annoying.

Is that what we are talking about here in the harder version of this level?

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

The normal version is hard enough mate! You'll be amazed with the Atlantis levels.

Quote from the normal version readme.

"There are two versions of this game - Normal and Hard Difficulty. The main differences between the two versions are that in the Hard version some of the enemies are harder to battle, timed runs are tighter, a few less camera clues, and there is less inventory (medipacks/flares/ammo) given.
    Game difficulty is a subjective thing depending on a player's playing style. Neither version is easy, however if you are not good with timed runs or don't want the challenge of some enemies that take more than a 'stand and shoot' strategy, then I suggest you choose the Normal version. It will still provide you with plenty of challenge, but should not be frustrating. Timed runs have been made generously fair in this version. Of course there is always the replay value, and the Hard version would certainly seem easier once you have learned what to do in the Normal version.
    The Hard version is recommended for patient expert players who really like to be challenged. Don't fool yourself here though and don't complain because its too hard. If you are not up for some serious enemy battles that require some smart strategies to beat them, some knuckle-crunching tight timed runs and more care required when using your inventory then DON'T choose this version."

The only cam clues that are not in the hard version are a few that lead the player where something might have been a little obscure. All the major flybys/ camera clues are present in both versions.

Player skill is almost impossible to cover in total. I reckon I could have made an Easy version as well, as some players find the Normal version still too hard. And at the other end of the spectrum I could have made an even harder hard version, with very reduced medipacs.

I'd recommend playing the Normal version it's still pretty challenging, and only play the hard version if you are keen for the challenge.

since you said that most cam clues are in both versions, it looks like I'll be going for the hard version. I like a good challenge

ok have fun. Everything is do-able in the Hard version. Any raider with very good raiding skills can handle the Hard version. I simply wanted to give players who are not so adept at timed runs or tougher enemies the opportunity to enjoy the game more with the Normal version.

TRLE on EIDOS !!!

What a great idea !!! I just stopped bye for a look.

I think this will introduce thousands of new custom game fans, and what a great game to start with EssGee !!!

It is truly amazing what the custom game designers have been able to do. The evolution of custom games parallels that of the commercial games.

Let's see, can we make a custom game movie, and get AJ to come back for one more ??? LOL

Anyway, I'll be starting Beyond the Scion next