Thread: How does morale work exactly?

How does morale work exactly?

How does morale work exactly?

I've noticed that assassinating colonels drops the enemy's morale, and tearing down statues improves the morale of the civilians, but what effect does this have on gameplay?

I'm assuming that the enemies become weaker, but I don't know if this affects their weapons, armor, numbers, or what. I have no idea what changes when a civilian town's morale goes up.

Anybody have any insight on this? Nothing came up when I searched just now.

Lightbulb Just cuz

Maybe it increases the time you can drag civilans behind your car before they die

Lol, maybe it gives them little skateboards so they can surf.

Seriously though, I'm interested in knowing what it does and I can't tell from the demo. It's probably explained somewhere in the full game. Hopefully somebody who got it early will see this, if not, Tuesday isn't that far away.

It's a good question.
    From what I've seen they seem to hide more... I think.

Most likely find out in the full game

Don't think it was that clear from the demo. Presumably enemy morale decreases decreases their want to attack you.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Jonathanxz
    Maybe it increases the time you can drag civilans behind your car before they die
    Only one way to find out!

I would say that the enemies don`t start chasing you so easily and they get scared sometimes and go away.
    Also, the heat lowers faster and stuff ?

For civilians .. like someone said, they might hide more and so ..
    Maybe some of them help you ? or distract enemies ?
    <Insert random forum-member name here and make the text cooler by using different fonts and font-colors>

These are my guesses:

Civilian Unrest has Increased - Not Sure
    President's influence over the people has decreased - Not Sure
    Military Communication Disrupted - Delayed reaction when guards spot you in caution mode
    Military Morale Decreased - Heat drops faster

Probably am wrong, but hey, better than nothing.
    Originally Posted by Kegan
    ZOMBIE GAMERS ATE MY NEIGHBORS.

Originally Posted by NovaSilisko
    These are my guesses:

Civilian Unrest(?) has Increased - Not Sure
    President's influence over the people has decreased - Not Sure (People less likely to... obey the law?)
    Military Communication Disrupted - Delayed reaction when guards spot you in caution mode (and/or it takes longer for back-up to be called/arrive?)
    Military Morale Decreased - Heat drops faster (Scared of you?)

Hmm...

Civilian Unrest has Increased - more likely to report you to the military when you do something, maybe not even something violent?

Would be good if the civilians start on the Military...such as clothes lining solders off bikes

The morale doesn't mean anything. It's just like how when you destroy a pipeline it says "Panauan gas distribution disrupted" and when you destroy a radio mast it says "Enemy communication disrupted"

It has no effect on gameplay. It just gives a little explanation as to why doing the things you do causes chaos.

Originally Posted by NovaSilisko
    These are my guesses:

Civilian Unrest has Increased - Means civilians are more likely to start an uprising or attack the military when they attack you I wager
    President's influence over the people has decreased - Same as above
    Military Communication Disrupted - Not as easy for the military to call in backup (guys parachtuing down to kill you, heli to kill you, etc.)
    Military Morale Decreased - Heat drops faster -That's what I got out of it too

There. I'm not some expert or anything but using my amazing abilities to deduce and.. guess I have come up with the answers (guesses).