Thread: K&L flash game

K&L flash game

Originally Posted by chaoticd
    it wont, trust me. the only issue i would be thinking of is how long it will take to complete. with updated art..... i would say a couple weeks. 1 or 2.
    Eh, I think It will take longer than that, just doing the backgrounds, the characters and relative animations takes time.
    Btw, the screens you're doing may help visualize what we have to do, but they're going to be redone completly. In the meantime, what actions are implemented? Can we take cover? there's a little enemy ai?

Originally Posted by Bevacur
    Thats concept art? Looks like a child made it.

This is concept art.

Noticed it wasnt made in Microsoft Paint? It was hand drawn by the Dead Space artist made by Ian something. Can't remember but watch the dev video's by the team. Interesting art.
    Lovely image. this sort of stuff takes quite some time to do, however, and is obviously for a different caliber game so comparing the two seem a tad harsh to me.

Give the guy a break. He's being enthusiastic, why would you want to troll all over that?

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Bevacur
    Thats concept art? Looks like a child made it.

This is concept art.

Noticed it wasnt made in Microsoft Paint? It was hand drawn by the Dead Space artist made by Ian something. Can't remember but watch the dev video's by the team. Interesting art.
    WHAT IN LYNCH'S NAME IS THAT ?!? ...

Get this out of our Pink forum right this instant ! ...

PS : Surprisingly , the concept art for that creature looked alot better than his in-game model ... usually it's the other way around ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

^ You'd be surprised how good stuff looks in the concept artworks - U gotta check out Street Fighter 4's concept artwork... some of them are far better then the ingame models

Speaking of artwork - I loved the concept artwork of mini ninjas.. they were briliantly made for the style! Same goes for the 2 concept arts loaded on the K&L2 site.. briliant xD
    No siggie to display... move along...

You guy's need to chill out fast, it's a free flash game, not a $60.00 console game. I for one encourage it, and I would like to see Rapist build his own flash game, and show others how to do it right.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: blood asylum

Arrow

I know concept arts can look very good , and truth be told i much prefer concept arts than in-game screenshots (notably last generation's Grand Theft Auto and the Hitman franchise) , but apart from a couple of exceptions , in game character model is usually better than its concept art (on the other hand , concept art for locations is always better than the in-game rendition , funny) ...

Anywya , shouldn't we start a marketing campaign for this flash game ? ...

Originally Posted by UhUh
    Eh, I think It will take longer than that, just doing the backgrounds, the characters and relative animations takes time.
    Btw, the screens you're doing may help visualize what we have to do, but they're going to be redone completly. In the meantime, what actions are implemented? Can we take cover? there's a little enemy ai?
    well, im ok with you redoing it all, i created the concept art as just a basic idea of what the level design is like. there is some cover, so yes, and there is climbing. the enemy ai are cops. if this will take to long, i can have my team make it, though im not sure if they will make it look pixeled. i have them working on sound effects (maybe)
    i have the theme song stuck in my head. dum dum duuum duum dum bum bum dum.

Originally Posted by Nick@IO
    Lovely image. this sort of stuff takes quite some time to do, however, and is obviously for a different caliber game so comparing the two seem a tad harsh to me.

Give the guy a break. He's being enthusiastic, why would you want to troll all over that?
    much appreciated

Originally Posted by One of Seven
    You guy's need to chill out fast, it's a free flash game, not a $60.00 console game. I for one encourage it, and I would like to see Rapist build his own flash game, and show others how to do it right.
    yeah!

Here's two animations for Kane, after the jailbrake; they'll need more polish, but you get the idea.

Thumbs Up

Watching these animations makes me want to play Little Fighters 2 again (muffins if you know what the hell LF2 is) ...

Damn , that was a good game ... best game of all time in my opinion ...

Here's two animations for Kane, after the jailbrake; they'll need more polish, but you get the idea.

Those are awesome. Will Lynch's sprite have a flowing skullet?

IO/Eidos you guy's should totally NOT let him make this game.
    Fixed.

This isnt 1988.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM

Thumbs Up

So yeah , Nintendo better close their doors while we're at it ...

I'm "chill", I'm just saying my opinion.

I could make my own 2D game.
    But I won't, I'd rather spend my time on something else I actually want to do.
    Spending weeks or even months on a game just to prove something is not what I want to do.

Not bad.
    But it would be better if the muzzle flash and shell casings are actual objects in-game instead of being a part of the sprite.

oh man, thats awsome work!!!!! i give you major thumbs up. can you send me the costumes for the sprites seperatly though? ChaoticDoomOfBob@aol.com

Originally Posted by Fritz von Wolfenschanz
    Fixed.

This isnt 1988.
    Haha nope, but I feel like I should have been born in the 60's anyway.

Originally Posted by RAPIST
    I'm "chill", I'm just saying my opinion.

I could make my own 2D game.
    But I won't, I'd rather spend my time on something else I actually want to do.
    Spending weeks or even months on a game just to prove something is not what I want to do.

Not bad.
    But it would be better if the muzzle flash and shell casings are actual objects in-game instead of being a part of the sprite.
    Of course you won't.

hey guys, i built a basic scroll test to see how it would work. it works good. check it out. need java to play.

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/ChaoticD/942698

Of course you won't.
    Of course, you're being an arse.

How about I tell you to build your own flash game huh?
    I highly doubt you would, mainly because you have as much skill as...on second thoughts, you have no skill at all.

Of course you won't.
    Yes of course I won't. What's your point?
    I haven't made a K&L game so I have nothing to say except "Oh this is gonna be awesome! And nothing can ever go wrong! It's gonna be the best game eevveeerrr" ?

Please guys settle down! This is only a fan game! It's defenatly not gonna effect the original.. just some fans having a little fun... no need to hassle!

Anyways, just tested the 2 java applications - for the simple work I'm seeing so far, Great work! However I'd expect a little more work on the animations... As in like...
    Kane's walking animation is only 2 sprites.. I'd recommend putting in more sprites. At least 4 coz it would look far better. Maybe also the walking speed is abit too fast..

Anyways.. Good luck with the rest dude *thumbs up*

Wow this looks great! But why is everyone so much into this 8bit style? I dunno I just feel like a flash game with regular graphics could look alot better.

^ Didn't notice UHUH's post there! That running animation would be far better!!!

As for TheMoD's comment - I guess it's like a returning style? When you used to play those old GOOD 8bit games... when super mario was still young... I guess nostalgia kicks in quickly...

Note: you guys may wanne visit http://nintendo8.com/genre/action/ <-- lots of 8bit games for you to enjoy on the nostalgic trip xD

Page 2 of 4 First First 1234 Last