Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: COMPETITION TIME! Art of Tomb Raider book up for grabs.

COMPETITION TIME! Art of Tomb Raider book up for grabs.

w00t!

To celebrate the recent announcement of LCGoL we've decided to run a little competition for today's Friday Goodness. Normally I give away t-shirts or something...but today's prize is something a little bit................ special.

We're giving you the chance to win the 568 page Art of Tomb Raider book, worth a staggering $110 USD

Yep. Wowsers. It's limited edition (only 2,000 are being published) and the book includes every significant piece of TR art ever officially produced. It's in two volumes and it weighs a ton!

I seriously don't want to give it away

But... as it's you lot, I will.

ZOMG! DO WANT! HOW CAN I ENTER?
    So, how to be in with a chance of winning? Well, I've selected a screenshot from Katie's Screen and Fan Fiction site, all you need to do is come up with a funny and witty caption. The best caption as judged by me and the Crystal team wins. If you're a whiz at Photoshop you can edit the image too if that helps, but you don't have to.

Caption this:

To be in with a chance of winning, just post your caption in this thread.

Rules
    • The funnier the better
    • Competition closes on Friday 26th March 2010 at 1600 GMT
    • You can enter as many times as you like
    • Judges decision is final
    • Don't be rude plz

Small pint:
    1. Winners will be notified within 52 days of closing date by e-mail or Private Message on http://forum.eidosgames.com. 2. A list of winners, including names and country, will be available within 6 weeks of competition closing. These can be obtained by sending a Stamped Addressed Envelope to the Promoter (see 9 below). 3. Square Enix Europe accept no responsibility for entries/prizes lost or distorted in transmission. 4. There is no cash alternative to the prizes. 5. Square Enix Europe reserves the right to substitute prizes with others of at least equivalent value. 6. Competition not open to employees of Square Enix Europe, their agents and suppliers. 7. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to. 8. No purchase necessary. 9. The competition promoter is Square Enix Europe, Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 3RU.
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

Just then, Lara experienced a sudden, overwhelming sense of deja vu.

Quote Originally Posted by NetRaider View Post
    Just then, Lara experienced a sudden, overwhelming sense of deja vu.

And we're off to a great start! Good skills

*Paparazzi shot Lara buying drugs from Natla*

Quote Originally Posted by Keir View Post
    w00t!

To celebrate recent announcement of LCGoL we've decided to run a little competition for today's Friday Goodness. Normally I give away t-shirts or something...but today's prize is something a little bit................ special.

We're giving you the chance to win the 568 page Art of Tomb Raider book, worth a staggering $110 USD

Yep. Wowsers. It's limited edition (only 2,000 are being published) and the book includes every significant piece of TR art ever officially produced. It's in two volumes and it weighs a ton!

I seriously don't want to give it away

But... as it's you lot, I will.

ZOMG! DO WANT! HOW CAN I ENTER?
    So, how to be in with a chance of winning? Well, I've selected a screenshot from Katie's Screen and Fan Fiction site, all you need to do is come up with a funny and witty caption. The best caption as judged by me and the Crystal team wins. If you're a whiz at Photoshop you can edit the image too if that helps, but you don't have to.

Caption this:

To be in with a chance of winning, just post your caption in this thread.

Rules
    • The funnier the better
    • Competition closes on Friday 26th March 2010 at 1600 GMT
    • You can enter as many times as you like
    • Judges decision is final
    • Don't be rude plz

Small pint:
    1. Winners will be notified within 52 days of closing date by e-mail or Private Message on http://forum.eidosgames.com. 2. A list of winners, including names and country, will be available within 6 weeks of competition closing. These can be obtained by sending a Stamped Addressed Envelope to the Promoter (see 9 below). 3. Square Enix Europe accept no responsibility for entries/prizes lost or distorted in transmission. 4. There is no cash alternative to the prizes. 5. Square Enix Europe reserves the right to substitute prizes with others of at least equivalent value. 6. Competition not open to employees of Square Enix Europe, their agents and suppliers. 7. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to. 8. No purchase necessary. 9. The competition promoter is Square Enix Europe, Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 3RU.
    Well, I'm sorry but I don't understand what we have to do in this contest... As a good french, I put all this in Google Translate, and I don't understand either... So, what's all this about, said with other words, please ?

"For god sake Natla... That's... that's not what you think it is... it's just a hair toy I managed to find in that OLD and sizzy pyramid... I swear!"

Well, I had to hide it SOMEWHERE to sneak it past the Atlantean guards, didn't I?

caption entry

see this Lara, this can give you bigger boobs.
    all you have to do is take the seat beside me to rule atlantis.

Caption Entry:
    "Don't you just HATE it when you're busy raiding Tombs and you remember you left the iron on!"
    My Tomb Raider Fansite, often distracted by shiny things.Click Here for Guns and Grapple

"Lara Croft captured in her natural habitat...being ambushed!"
    My Tomb Raider Fansite, often distracted by shiny things.Click Here for Guns and Grapple

second entry

Lara: w00t! can it give you even bigger boobs?
    Natla: yes, it beholds the greatest powers on earth!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoCroft View Post
    Well, I'm sorry but I don't understand what we have to do in this contest... As a good french, I put all this in Google Translate, and I don't understand either... So, what's all this about, said with other words, please ?
    It's a caption competition. You have to write a sentence describing what could be happening in the picture, or what Lara might be saying for instance. The aim is to make it funny and witty. I hope that helps.

"Sorry. . . it just slipped out!"

Another entry:
    *resisting urge to look surprise*

Natla: So...
    Lara (nervous): Sooooo......
    Natla (confident): This is it....
    Lara (more nervous): Is this is....?
    Natla (loosing serenity): This is it to is this is....?
    Lara: This is it to is this is and more is??????
    Natla: Aham...
    Lara: Yes... that is it...
    Natla (angry): Oh.... STOP IT, is this the bathroom key or not >_>?

EDIT: This counts as a capture?

"Natla: Easily distracted by shiny objects!"

@Keir : Okay thanks, finally I understood by myself, sorry for my previous message...

Here's my caption :

Natla : Oh God ! One of my nails is stucked in the holes of this freakin' Scion !
    Lara : Your fingernails are such huge ! How did you do ?
    Natla : Don't you know french manucure ? I'm gonna kill my beautician !

Lara: I told you not to go through the stuff in my nightstand!!!!!!!!!!
    Natla:
    Lara: A woman has needs, you know...

third entry

Lara: YIKES!! I forgot my pistols in the sanctuary of the scion!
    Natla: well, you can´t get everything in your way

Even Lara had cottoned on that Tomb Raiding was becoming ridiculously easier - Natla was practically handing the Scion over.

Yes, I'm cheap, and my first post is a competition entry. But I have lurked here before making an account, and I post at Tomb Raider Forums.

OMG! Do you remember that song? I used to make out with Josh McAndrews to that song!

Here's mine:

Natla: Go on Lara, take it.
    Lara: No, I don't think I should....
    Golum: My preciousssss!
    Lara: No! We don't want it!
    Golum: Shiny! Sparkly! Take it!

A second one :

- So it was you ? You're the Queen of Atlantis ?
    - Once.
    - How did you do to look so young even if you're 20000 years old ?
    - I used a L'Oreal Revitalift + Special decrepit bedridden.

And another, just for fun:

Natla: Lara, take this piece of the Scion and together we shall rule the world!
    Lara: *sigh* If I had a coconut for every time some lunatic said something like that...

No, no, NO! Cut!!!
    Natla - beautiful, baby. Beautiful. Lara, you're stinking up this cutscene! I want to see anguish, I want to see fury! I want to see the AOD control system!

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast