Thread: Actor to play Lynch revealed

Actor to play Lynch revealed

Originally Posted by Falkenwut
    I'm wondering... What do you guys at IOI think of this? I mean.. I know that Eidos may hold some rights to this.. but.. does that mean Lionsgate leaves the whole "artistic" discression in Kyle Ward's hands?

And if anything, what you guys at IOI think about the hitman movie?
    Well, provided this information is accurate, I'm actually not that worried. Jamie Foxx is a quality actor and he should have the range to pull off a cool Lynch. No, it won't be like in the games, but that's not always a bad thing, I think. If we're talking Willis and Fox, the film is going to hit a much wider mainstream audience and that certainly helps spread the love for the characters. As long as they don't screw it up, of course.

Personally, I think Peter Stomare would be perfect but if Jamie comes onboard, he'll probably do a sweet job as well. As long as they don't cast Paris Hilton, I'm pretty easy.

Regarding the Hitman movie, I think there are a lot of different views on that here, just like out in the world. Some like it, some don't.

Originally Posted by Jacksolsmith
    They think about the money.
    Yeah. We've made tons of cash on that one. Oh, wait. No.

Rolleyes

A Kane & Lynch movie starring Mads Mikkelsen and Peter Stomare (or Paul Giamati) ...

If only ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

I was against the idea at first but then who really here expects movies of video-games to stay truly faithful to the source and be a good movie at the same time? It really happens and sadly this is one of those cases. I hope that this choice in casting proves to be better for the movie but if not then I don't care anyway. The game is what I care about for now.

Thumbs Up

But in that case why wasn't Agent 47 wearing a Afro in the Hitman Movie then ? ...
    At least give him a moustache or something , he wasn't a clone in that story but a orphan ... with a barcode tattoo on the back of his head ...

Yeah you know what , i'm going to stop complaining and start waiting impatiently for the first screens and trailers for the Kane & Lynch movie ... which'll probably be out in nine months , giving us enough time deal with it all ...

Kyle Ward's twitter didn't leak who Jamie actually was playing though right? I mean arn't people just assuming he's talking about lynch? What if he's playing agent Karmicheal or Kanes former partner or something?
    "My old friend Kane flies over tommorow"

Thumbs Down

. . .

So , like , you took your sweet time calm down our hysteria ? ...

*prepares to throw you off the window* ...

Originally Posted by Jacksolsmith
    Kyle Ward's twitter didn't leak who Jamie actually was playing though right? I mean arn't people just assuming he's talking about lynch? What if he's playing agent Karmicheal or Kanes former partner or something?
    It's been widely reported on, I've seen 3 different articles today that state that he's slated for the role of Lynch

The more i think about Jamie Foxx playing Lynch the more fascinating it becomes to me. I at first like everyone else hated the idea. now I'm strangely comfortable with it. but it poses allot of questions, Will the character still be British? I just can't imagine Jamie Foxx with a british accent. What will he look like in the movie? Will he take on Lynch's appearence or will he look completely original. if anyone has mad photoshopping skills feel free to shop mr foxx to look like Lynch
    PSN: Doktor Klown
    Slaughter is the best medicine

you know, i was thinking about who would better fit the role of lynch and i came to a conclusion. BRYAN CRANSTON. he looks like lynch, and in that amc show, he stars as a criminal. come on, it would work better than jamie!

Screw it they need to get Chevy Chase as Kane, let him grow his beard out and ditch the glasses.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: blood asylum

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    All I can say is disappointed. If they wanted a black man to carry off Lynch it would have been Denzel. While I don't doubt Jamie Foxx can act I just don't care for his style.

Foxx always plays good cop. That is not his role

I'm wondering what people's reactions would be if Shaft were cast as a white guy. It seriously doesn't make any sense to cast Jamie Foxx as Lynch.

Arrow

Unfortunately the Kane & Lynch fanbase isn't big enough to start a riot big enough for hollywood ...

I mean for example , if this kind of nonsense happened to the character of Solid Snake ... *nuclear explosion* ...

Well Samuel L jackson played Nick Fury with an eye patch, so...
    Originally Posted by Dr Klowneus
    if anyone has mad photoshopping skills feel free to shop mr foxx to look like Lynch
    Well prepare for mad photoshoping skills, trust me if you squint, it looks just like Lynch.
    "My old friend Kane flies over tommorow"

Arrow

Nick Fury was black in the Ultimate series , so it's not like if we never saw a black Nick Fury before ...

This isn't the case for Lynch ...

I'm starting to warm up to this movie. I mean, Jurassic Park was vastly different to the book, but I can still enjoy both of those as classics of their own medium. This doesn't have to be Kane and Lynch the Movie of the Game.

Anyway, here's some impressions of the script at Kotaku:

http://kotaku.com/5497820/first-impr...h-movie-script

As they said, at the very least, the shootout seems like it could be pretty cool.

Ok, so it's not EXACTLY what we expected, but I'm prepared to give Foxx a chance. You never know...

wait WTF?

JAIME MOTHEREFFIN FOX?

Are you effing kidding me?

Nothing against the chocolate flavor, but Jaime Fox? Jaime mothereffin FOX?

OMG! oh...my...GOD!

I guess their going with the old white guy/black guy buddy cop type vibe , that started with 48 hours, even though Eddy wasn't a cop its been the hollywood formula ever since, It's hard to get a bunch of execs to leave their age old formula.

I like Bruce Willis , but Jaime I don't know man , we need someone with more of an edge, Jaime has too much a wholesome brotha vibe .

Hopefully Willis will save the movie

It...confuses me, to say the least. From Jamie Foxx to the modified plot (they're going to go steal a microchip or retrieve it or...something) it seems like this is a Kane and Lynch movie in name only. Sad, because I think Willis would be great as Kane.

Well, at least Kane and Lynch 2 will be good.

If they're going to change the characters and suck a script out of their thumb then let's not call this Kane & Lynch. Let's call it *thinks* "Buddy Crooks"! Yeah, how about that? "Buddy Crooks".

Oh, Hollywood... Why, why, why...

It's funny too me that this has been met with universal disapproval. Everybody hates the idea. Wonder if Kyle ward considered this at all
    PSN: Doktor Klown
    Slaughter is the best medicine

Rolleyes

Kyle Ward is just the one who wrote the screenplay , yes ? ...

In that case he can't do jack about it at all ...
    Writers don't get control of the movie whatsoever (it all depends to their relationships with the director and producer) ...

So now we got a universally panned script ...
    A so-so reaction to the casting of Foxx as Lynch ...
    All hopes goes to Simmon Crane (the director) to make the film at least watchable (like Hitman and Max Payne , they weren't exactly good films , but they weren't totally crap either) ...

In any case like i've repeated myself before:
    Video game movies aren't always good, you'll only enjoy them as "fan-made" works by someone who;s got the money and authority to alter it >.>

Reguarding Jamie Fox.. Despite the initial sour reaction I got similar to eating raw wasabi... I guess I'm accepting it... I just hope they make a kick ass movie out of it.. following AT LEAST the spirit of the game
    No siggie to display... move along...

Thumbs Down

Originally Posted by Falkenwut
    I guess I'm accepting it... I just hope they make a kick ass movie out of it.. following AT LEAST the spirit of the game
    Great , there's going to be a rap song , then ...

And Jamie Foxx will get to sing it , too ...

I smell another Doom repeat. Ignores the core story, stupid script but brilliant effects!

Doom the movie was just...terrible. Instead of demons coming from hell it was a virus instead. At the end the main character gets super strength and manages to beat someone up with abit of rebar lodged in his right hand.

I hope they don't make Jamie Fox a stereotype black guy like Chris Tucker was for Rush Hour. Talk like a dick, super built and always joking around.

Or the steroid stereotype. Just like Cole Train from Gears of War, biceps the size of a head with veins the size of hosepipes and to top it of always dropping F-bombs non-stop with a gangster way of talking.

I just hope Jamie plays Lynch really good.

Page 3 of 4 First First 1234 Last