Thread: Actor to play Lynch revealed

Actor to play Lynch revealed

Yeah, it's well done but lay off the Hitler stuff already, yeah? If you really want to make something like that, do an Untergang movie thing instead.

I was talking about the Jamie Foxx one...

Looks like abit of Obama in the second pic.

Kyle Ward you fantastic idiot!
    "My old friend Kane flies over tommorow"

Originally Posted by Brackstone17
    I was talking about the Jamie Foxx one...
    Me too

Having him in it just makes it seem like the Miami Vice remake, ironically in that film, Colin Farrel (it was him right?) looked more like Lynch than Jamie ever has.

I'll be honest, I'm not so scared of Jamie Foxx playing Lynch as I am of him trying to be British. That's truly terrifying.

I'll be honest, I'm not so scared of Jamie Foxx playing Lynch as I am of him trying to be British. That's truly terrifying.
    For some reason I think it's likely they've changed his character to take him in a slightly less "demented lord of the manor" character we saw in the early draft, maybe not though, in which case, it could turn into a horror movie.

Thumbs Down

this can't be true. i seriously doubt it. movie producers cant be that stupid. can they? i thought Bruce Willis would be awsome playing as Kane, but this? absolutly not. Are they mocking IO?

I'm wondering... What do you guys at IOI think of this? I mean.. I know that Eidos may hold some rights to this.. but.. does that mean Lionsgate leaves the whole "artistic" discression in Kyle Ward's hands?

And if anything, what you guys at IOI think about the hitman movie?
    No siggie to display... move along...

Originally Posted by Falkenwut
    And if anything, what you guys at IOI think about the hitman movie?
    They think about the money.

Thumbs Down

Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

slightly off topic, but I am really, really sick of the sneering at the Kane and Lynch ip. It's so tedious, it's as if they don't want games to improve or think about things in any kind of new light, they'd just rather have another pop at the game, I wouldn't mind but it stopped being anything other than boring around just after Gerstmanngate

^^ yep..

As bizarre as the choice of Foxx may be, the guy is a quality actor , period. Leagues above any of the usual B-movie casts we get for game-inspired movies. I'm much more worried about the script and direction at this point. Not even A-class acting talent can save a crap movie.
    喋血雙雄 2:伏天

Exclamation

Clint Eastwood can ...

Hell , he should have a cameo in the Kane & Lynch movie , win him a oscar for best actor in a supporting role , now that's class ...

But the main reason why we're saying Foxx is a bad choice is ...

Well damn it he's not white ! ...
    I mean what's he gonna do ? put white make-up ? ...
    After Robert Downey Jr playing as a white man intentionally making up as a black man , here comes Jamie Foxx playing as a white man ... yeah , not gonna work ...

Unless this film is planning to be a intentionally stupid film such as the 'Crank' series ... i just can't see any seriousness in it ...

At least name the film other than 'Kane & Lynch' , say it is inspired by it but don't pretend it's the official movie based off the game ...
    And really , the game had enough controversies , now dear Jeff is going to laugh so hard he'll fell off his chair and die , and then this franchise will be nothing more than a joke ... if it already isn't ...

Unhappy

Anybody remembers Jens Peter Kurup's (Dead Men's director) interview back in december 2007 ? ...
    I remember when he was asked about the Kane & Lynch movie , he said he wanted them (the film industry folks) to keep the characters the way they are ... whatever happens to Kane & Lynch in the story is none if his business he said , all he wants is that the character remains the same ...

Already when the script was leaked we saw Lynch being a 'lord of the manor' , now this ...

I feel sorry for Jens ...

This goes to show they should never have sold the rights to film companies , IO should have made the film themselves ...

What I don't understand is why the film company would license the movie in the first place? It seems to me that they are wasting their money if they aren't going to keep the characters or the script. They could have made this movie, called it Bruce and Will, kept their money, and made just as much. It makes no sense to buy movie rights and then totally alter the characters and story. These film companies truly have their heads up their asses.

Originally Posted by Jacksolsmith
    slightly off topic, but I am really, really sick of the sneering at the Kane and Lynch ip. It's so tedious, it's as if they don't want games to improve or think about things in any kind of new light, they'd just rather have another pop at the game, I wouldn't mind but it stopped being anything other than boring around just after Gerstmanngate
    I'm completely with you. Hell, even Giantbomb isn't taking jabs at this game. It's a bandwagon like any other. It's the cool thing to do, they only know the side of the story that's the part where big corporations punish the media for honesty and all that bull.

On topic, Jamie Foxx might actually be a good thing for this movie for these reasons: dude can act and him being completely different from the "lord of the manor" character in the script could cause some serious rewrites. I'm not saying it will be good, but it may not be Battlefield Earth after all.

Originally Posted by killingroad1986
    What I don't understand is why the film company would license the movie in the first place? It seems to me that they are wasting their money if they aren't going to keep the characters or the script. They could have made this movie, called it Bruce and Will, kept their money, and made just as much. It makes no sense to buy movie rights and then totally alter the characters and story. These film companies truly have their heads up their asses.
    It's really just about the name. If they just called it 'Bruce and Will', they wouldn't get the attention of nearly as many potential viewers as if it were called 'Kane and Lynch'. Now they've got regular film-goers and possibly fans of K & L...or at least casual gamers, perhaps. The companies don't care about the characters or the story, just about filling the box office seats with butts of unsuspecting dopes who don't know any better.

While it's odd, it may be interesting, so I won't go into hater mode or anything.

Though I was a little off-set at first.

Sorry, double post.

I'm not saying it will be good, but it may not be Battlefield Earth after all.
    Yikes, I don't think anything will top Battlefield Earth...except maybe a sequel, or a new Uwe Boll film.

By the way, I meant Bruce and Jamie lol. The Hitler Will Smith had my brain not working.

Wow really? This news makes me feel like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ohg1YeZc08

Originally Posted by killingroad1986
    By the way, I meant Bruce and Jamie lol. The Hitler Will Smith had my brain not working.
    Yeah, wow, I just realized I made the same mistake. That was pretty disturbing...but hilarious.

Page 2 of 4 First First 1234 Last