Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last

Thread: Opinions on trailer

Opinions on trailer

Opinions on trailer

Hey guys, feel free to comment what you thought on the trailer, strictly when you've seen it all

Here what I thought of it:
    1> Style: The sketchy style... for a cutscene style - briliantly executed.... However I noted that the running camra isn't as good as I was hoping for... Still... Gonna enjoy it

2> Nudity - Hope you can unfilter the nudity... But I like the way it's keeping to the camera on youtube style

3> Gameplay itself - It looks alot more fluid... I could be wrong coz it's very vague for now... still... also feels like the first game.. gonna enjoy it

4> Shanghai - God I love the scenarios of Shanghai!! ALL OF 'EM! I noted that in the beginning there's a wall with Graffiti written 1337 on them - numericals of LEET or L33T-speak.... niiiice

I also noted that the scenarios are pretty big.. lots of cars and trucks and motorcycles xD... I'm wondering how open-world-esque this game is gonna be

How about you guys? opinions anyone?

EDIT: Forgot to mention - music fits AWESOMELY!
    No siggie to display... move along...

Gun sound effects were great. I could hear the Heat influence coming through. Also, I found it weird having the words Square Enix in a Kane and Lynch trailer.

1) I couldn't even open the new site
    2) The trailer was on YouTube but in an awful quality
    3) I have no further opinions

I might just avoid this game till it actually comes out...you know to keep me surprised when I finally do get to see something of it.

And I completely saw that August release date coming - heres hoping the game is polished by then!

I'm just too sucked up to try avoiding this xD but well noted dark_angel
    No siggie to display... move along...

Arrow

I remember Kotaku writing that Dog Days had " the best Worst camera " , but from the looks of it it's pretty standard to me ...

For some reason i was expecting for a oncoming truck ... i just knew it had to happen , truck boss fight FTW ! ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

I just watched the extended trailer on their site, that was badass! When I heard the guitars kick in, aw man. Looks super atmospheric too, can't wait!
    Xbox Live Gamertag: blood asylum

I like the way Lynch&camera are running - exactly what I was hoping for
    as for nudity - not that we're some pervs or anything, it's just that (I think I do not speak for myself only here) it's obvious it's youtube-style, but I'm hoping that I will be able to turn it off to make it as if it (this "movie") was directly taken out of the camera not edited...
    Welcome to Shanghai.

Originally Posted by The Pope
    I like the way Lynch&camera are running - exactly what I was hoping for
    as for nudity - not that we're some pervs or anything, it's just that (I think I do not speak for myself only here) it's obvious it's youtube-style, but I'm hoping that I will be able to turn it off to make it as if it (this "movie") was directly taken out of the camera not edited...
    Exactly.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: blood asylum

Holy , NO WAY is that gameplay?! Oh man, completely exceeded my expectations. The real-world environmental details and sequences were unbelievable.

If that's gameplay, oh my god...

Oh my god the extended version is sooo badass!

game looks pretty good in my opinion.

Well, just a lots af praise from me!!

- Good gun/gameplay
    - like the characters, they seem spot on. - from the first game.
    - the very, very, very detailed world, it just feels very Full, and real ;-)
    - love the style.

Extended version does not work for me :/ popup closes
    Beware of bad english. :whistle:

Guys you've got to see the extended version. The IGN version is only half the experience..
    喋血雙雄 2:伏天

Arrow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EXcGZQ278k

Is that multiplayer footage in the extended trailer? Want 720p please (or higher) :/
    Beware of bad english. :whistle:

What the just happend!?

Well didn't expect it to look THAT good, the enviorments, the characters, the animation, the camera...nice work! really impressive, it feels so alive and real.

About the gameplay, there's little pieces here and there, but I noticed how Kane dives into cover in the restourant, Lynch carrying an fire extinguisher, things blowing up, down not dead, the shaky camera when running.

Story...eh I like how they meet up and Kane don't even bother to shake Lynch hand or say anything at all awkward. Lynch seems like he know what's he's doing, and that's why I can't help but empathyze with Kane; what's happening here? I'm a merc and I don't even.

Anyway, great ing trailer, I've already watch it 20 times.

ps: I usually play with original voices so it's not such a big deal for me, but I've watched the trailer in italian too...the voices sucks, please it's not like we don't have good actors here.

The graphics and animation were impressive (head and shoulders above anything else I've seen from IO before); the style didn't really come through as much as I thought it would, which was a little disappointing. It looked like a third person action game.

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Bawabus
    It looked like a third person action game.
    Hmmm , that must be the reason why i'm not totally blown away , because it Just looked like a typical third person shooter ... Though it looks good , it looked too familiar , maybe it was because of the way the trailer was edited ...

I hope there lies the issue ...

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    Hmmm , that must be the reason why i'm not totally blown away , because it Just looked like a typical third person shooter ... Though it looks good , it looked too familiar , maybe it was because of the way the trailer was edited ...

I hope there lies the issue ...
    It did look that way.

What I'm hoping is that this intensity that they're going for comes through a bit stronger in the actual game. You can edit together all the clips of stuff blowing up and people shooting at things off screen you want, but it in no way gives a good impression of what fights are actually going to be like during gameplay.

Thumbs Down

So this trailer gets a SIX ! ...

The previews over exaggerated with the new art style and camera mechanic but thats good i feel its just suitable. Looking great.

Thumbs Down

So basically the idea we were given of this game for the last four months were based on ... exaggerations ??!!! ...

*nuclear launch detected* ...

For s sake,
    Ofcourse it looks like a 3rd person shooter, it's a goddamn 3rd person shooter.
    And by the looks of it, it feels fresh and different from any other; obviously this is a trailer and it has to show the game and get you exited about it.
    There's a lot we can gather from it to get an idea of how the game's going to be, but still it's still a trailer and till we play it, is going to be hard to judge it.

I don't know how you can say this a bad trailer, or how the previews where exaggerated, I for one knew what I was going to watch, and still I was blown away. It's fluid, alive and all kane&lynch.

Originally Posted by UhUh
    For s sake, I don't know how you can say this a bad trailer, or how the previews where exaggerated, I for one knew what I was going to watch, and still I was blown away. It's fluid, alive and all kane&lynch.
    Just to clarify: I'm not saying it wasn't cool looking. The amount of detail in the environment, the weapons, and the characters was crazy--as was the animation. But I guess I'm looking for that clip that's going to show me what a gun fight's going to be like in this game; I don't want a bunch of short clips of dudes shooting at stuff off screen.

It was well put together for the most part--a little bit spastic in terms of the editing and the music (which actually fits quite well!). It's just not what I'm looking for.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last