Thread: Opinions on trailer

Opinions on trailer

  1. #26

    Wink

    Well when i'm watching a Kane & Lynch trailer the last thing i would expect is my mind saying " Hey this looks familiar " ...
    I saw a blend of The Bourne Ultimatum , Manhunt and Among Thieves with Kane & Lynch ...

    Comparing with the impact i had from watching Dead Men's trailers ... this one was a bit weak for a Kane & Lynch title ...

    Hell , what am i saying , just compare this with Dog Days' first trailer , the CG one ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

  2. #27
    Well I'd hold on to your horses a little bit lads, the trailer only basically showed one chase sequence, choped in with quick cuts of lots of other things, they're keeping the story line still quite secretive,
    before they blow the cake wide open and tell us about the arc of the narrative and more of the characters etc, this trailer was mainly a gameplay taster, and you know what? It looked intense, alot like thirdperson shooters we've seen before but when it came down to it, that camera added so much to the uniqeness and style. in the future of video games, where - like the movie industry everything is created to suit everyone and risk taking and originality are dirty words, we will look back on Dog days and say

    "Hey, there was a game that set itself apart in style."

    The point is, the shooting isnt going to be a revolution, but we loved Kane and Lynch when the shooting and presentation were flawed and unpolished, and this looks a HELL of a lot better than Dead men, so stop feeling sorry for yourselves ol' timers... And welcome to Shanghai.
    "My old friend Kane flies over tommorow"

  3. #28

    Cool

    We need a voice chat or something for every game forums in the world , because while i am criticizing the trailer , i'm not bashing the game itself at all ... yet once again i found myself becoming public enemy number one ...

    This topic is called "Opinions on trailer" right ? ...
    So no , we're not making a review of the game , we're talking about the trailer , and all i'm saying is this trailer wasn't as good as previous Kane & Lynch trailers , not to mention it is putting in doubts about what we were led to believe about the game so far , anywya , bottom line ...

    Would someone please untie me ? the house is burning ! ...

    PS : i'm guessing you're going to make another fan trailer , Jacksolsmith ? ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

  4. #29
    I'm just wondering why the shooting can't be at least different. If they're going for a different feel, would it not seem a little odd if they just had standard shooting and combat mechanics in the game? (Not saying that that's what's in there; speaking hypothetically.)

  5. #30
    I've been blown away! Good job devs.

  6. #31
    The most impressive part of the trailer (for me at least) was when Lynch was chasing that hooker(?) down the alley. I thought it was a cutscene but when the car stopped Lynch I could see by the semi-awkward turn (this is not a bash) that it was actual gameplay and I was speechless

  7. #32
    Sorry Greivous, just trying to make sure this thread didn't get on a downer.
    In some ways, Dead Men's trailers were too good an lead us to expect too much paradoxically! If I were IO I'd try and keep using the surveilance camera style to it's full potential, kind of like with the virals except with gameplay ya know? Trying to keep people guessing about the reality of things, the old style of cinematic trailers would'nt be befitting this new style.

    -Oh and yes I will make a trailer General, just as soon I can get my hands on a 720p download of it!
    "My old friend Kane flies over tommorow"

  8. #33
    Originally Posted by Bawabus
    I'm just wondering why the shooting can't be at least different. If they're going for a different feel, would it not seem a little odd if they just had standard shooting and combat mechanics in the game? (Not saying that that's what's in there; speaking hypothetically.)
    Well for one thing I hope it's going to be fixed, coz' in Dead Men I used to shoot and wounded guys straight in the head, standing 50cm away - and in most cases I missed...ok, bullets don't always go where u want them to, but hey, I'm a mercenary and it's a 50cm shot...
    Welcome to Shanghai.

  9. #34

    Lightbulb

    Originally Posted by Jacksolsmith
    In some ways, Dead Men's trailers were too good an lead us to expect too much paradoxically!

    the old style of cinematic trailers would'nt be befitting this new style.
    Hmmmmmm ...

    Well that's a very good point ...
    Going to meditate on that ...
    Then again the Kane & Lynch franchise has kind of been ... how do i say this , having a identity crisis ? ...
    I mean I wouldn't be surprised if Kane & Lynch 3 turns out to be a Strategy RPG type of game ...

    Guess we'll have to "deal with it" ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

  10. #35

    Wink

    Originally Posted by The Pope
    Well for one thing I hope it's going to be fixed, coz' in Dead Men I used to shoot and wounded guys straight in the head, standing 50cm away - and in most cases I missed...ok, bullets don't always go where u want them to, but hey, I'm a mercenary and it's a 50cm shot...
    Kane is blind on his right eye , thus explaining his poor shooting skill ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

  11. #36
    Has anyone got a WMV download of the trailer? Nick? Anyone? I'll be damned if I have to use quacktime- I mean quicktime.
    "My old friend Kane flies over tommorow"

  12. #37
    Overall great trailer. I really liked the new style with the camera look. It looks great. Loved the grittiness of the graphics and the cinematic camera. All felt great. Seeing the truck hit the car and things blowing up just is awesome. The sounds of guns have improved, and the shooting looks more refined. I also liked the explosion of the bike..koolio. All in all its shaping up well. I have no idea why we can't see the girls...ahem....camel toe. Of course its no biggie. Its not like im wanted it to show it like a virtual porn lol. I thought it fit its gritty style to be honest.

    Im looking foward ot this game. Wit the release date moves (it was once thought to be may right) this is a great window for them. To release pre-holiday/fall season.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    16
    What I want to know is - what happened to the awesome gun sounds from the first trailer? They sound like plastic guns now. Was expecting a step up there and at least the sound from the first trailer. This is a bit disapointing because it removes much of the gritty atmosphere.
    Beware of bad english. :whistle:

  14. #39
    In the trailer we onl hear shots of a deagle and maybe a shoty. Lets also not forget the weapons available. Wherever Kane was at the weapons could be of better quality. msure the sounds will be fine and I thought they sounded nice and heavy...thats just me.

  15. #40
    Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    Kane is blind on his right eye , thus explaining his poor shooting skill ...
    He's not blind, he sees very poor with it.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    16
    Originally Posted by dude63
    In the trailer we onl hear shots of a deagle and maybe a shoty. Lets also not forget the weapons available. Wherever Kane was at the weapons could be of better quality. msure the sounds will be fine and I thought they sounded nice and heavy...thats just me.
    Hm? The first trailer showed a deagle witha reallyy HEAVY loud sound, in the shanghai trailer we heard a pistol (was it a deagle?) with a weak pew pew sound, an uzi with an average nerf gun sound and a shotgun which sounded ok.
    Beware of bad english. :whistle:

  17. #42
    Originally Posted by gnrGrievous

    I mean I wouldn't be surprised if Kane & Lynch 3 turns out to be a Strategy RPG type of game ...
    I wouldn't mind K&L3 turn out to be like Mass Effect 2...even more- I'd be *** happy about it!

    Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    Kane is blind on his right eye , thus explaining his poor shooting skill ...
    LOL, nice try
    Welcome to Shanghai.

  18. #43
    Originally Posted by derFeef
    Hm? The first trailer showed a deagle witha reallyy HEAVY loud sound, in the shanghai trailer we heard a pistol (was it a deagle?) with a weak pew pew sound, an uzi with an average nerf gun sound and a shotgun which sounded ok.
    Thats your opinion and I respect that. I thought they sounded fine..imo.

  19. #44
    "The trailer is made entirely using gameplay footage." sez Karsten Lund

    "We're not trying to cross the line just to be over the line. This is a mature game and it needs to show what it shows." In the trailer, further censorship beyond what is done in the game had to be done, bleeping out curse words. That will not happen in the game.

    full article here:

    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1078298p1.html
    喋血雙雄 2:伏天

  20. #45
    I don't see what the big deal is.. in the past there had been faar more provacotive games then this and you see people going mad over it!!!

    Remember The saboteur? A game that vanished into last year? it was filled with nazis, french stereotypes and optional nudity.... there was much less hassle over that then this! I really don't get some people....
    No siggie to display... move along...

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,603
    Originally Posted by Unpaid Intern
    "The trailer is made entirely using gameplay footage." sez Karsten Lund

    "We're not trying to cross the line just to be over the line. This is a mature game and it needs to show what it shows." In the trailer, further censorship beyond what is done in the game had to be done, bleeping out curse words. That will not happen in the game.

    full article here:

    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1078298p1.html
    What the hell!:

    "The trailer features a bit of digital nudity, but you may have noticed a blur-effect that covers up the most sensitive bits. That is indeed a part of the game and the same effect is used to blur out the gore from headshots. "It's a visual effect that we use in the game. It adds to that sense of credibility and realism of this kind of footage and also it sparks the imagination of what's going on."

    Bluring out violent head-shots? What is this madness?!

  22. #47
    Originally Posted by Bevacur
    What the hell!:

    "The trailer features a bit of digital nudity, but you may have noticed a blur-effect that covers up the most sensitive bits. That is indeed a part of the game and the same effect is used to blur out the gore from headshots. "It's a visual effect that we use in the game. It adds to that sense of credibility and realism of this kind of footage and also it sparks the imagination of what's going on."

    Bluring out violent head-shots? What is this madness?!
    Sounds like a great idea. Head-Shots have lost their awesomeness anyway.

  23. #48
    ^ but.. but.. but I'd like to see some guy's head explode *sniff*
    (even if it's of our beloved criminals mind you...)
    No siggie to display... move along...

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,603
    Originally Posted by Falkenwut
    ^ but.. but.. but I'd like to see some guy's head explode *sniff*
    (even if it's of our beloved criminals mind you...)
    So would i...

    Just imagine seeing someones scalp get shot off. Drools...

  25. #50
    Hey guys, just caught the first graphical issue (well.. mistake really)
    6 seconds through the trailer you will noticed a guy's arm passing through Lynch's Jacket: see the pics below:

    http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/untitled.jpg
    No siggie to display... move along...

Page 2 of 6 First First 123456 Last