Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Are you upset that the title isn't "Tomb Raider" ?

  1. #1

    Question Are you upset that the title isn't "Tomb Raider" ?

    Well, the question is in the title : what do you think of the title "Lara Croft", and not "Tomb Raider" ? For my own, I think that it's good this episode isn't named Tomb Raider, 'cause it shows that it's not a TR game, but a spin-off.

    What about you ?

    By the way, I'm also glad that the "Lara Croft - Tomb Raider" title from Angel of Darkness, Legend and Anniversary isn't here anymore (sorry, this sentence sounds weird, but as a french I don't really speak english well )

  2. #2
    @NicoCroft I don't mind just the title, as long as we get a new game to keep us entertained. (I get entertained easily, so even if it isn't as great as others have said I will like it just as it is) but of course I don't judge by just appearances and such, so I'm going to wait and see for. And welcome to the forums, btw.
    Happiness is an illusion. Suffering is real.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by LIGHTS View Post
    @NicoCroftAnd welcome to the forums, btw.
    Thanks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    1,580
    I always prefer the games to have the Tomb Raider tittle as that is just traditional. As this is a spin of game I don't mind it being missing as much.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,261
    yeah its just a little spin off to keep us happy until the final game, im good with it, looks fun
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    yeah its just a little spin off to keep us happy until the final game, im good with it, looks fun
    Hm....and when TR9 will be announced according to you?
    signature image

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukass View Post
    Hm....and when TR9 will be announced according to you?
    what? how would i know? lol, im hoping it will be announced at E3 just announced but as Keir has said numerous times CD are working on two projects this one and another

    not said what the other is but im betting it would be TR9
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    what? how would i know? lol, im hoping it will be announced at E3 just announced but as Keir has said numerous times CD are working on two projects this one and another

    not said what the other is but im betting it would be TR9
    Of course it's TR9 I think...what else it could be...

    Well, to be honest I doubt we will see/hear something about TR9 at E3 2010 because it's known there will be fully presented Guardian of Light so....
    signature image

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,658
    When I first thought that this was a proper TR game but the title had simply dropped the 'Tomb Raider' and gone fore just 'Lara Croft' I was displeased. But now I know that this is not a Tomb Raider game and a spin off for Lara Croft, it's appropriate and I like the distinction between the games.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukass View Post
    Well, to be honest I doubt we will see/hear something about TR9 at E3 2010 because it's known there will be fully presented Guardian of Light so....

    Actually I do agree cause if TR was at E3 1010 then I think it wouldn't be the cleverest idea ever. I just doubt they'll overshadow GOL with TR 9 cause to me that would seem a waste or resources and the likes?

    As for the title business, it doesn't bother me in the slightest!

  11. #11
    that's the thing, people don't pay attention to the fact that it's a SPIN OFF and it's NOT TR9. i'm a little nervous about it coming out but i'm excited to see what it's like.
    "Various myths use different names but they all apply to the same remnants of the ancient world." - Lara Croft

  12. #12
    Im sort of upset about it... but im really excited about it... coz' the last time they released a tomb raider game was 2 years ago..

    hope to release it very soon...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,658
    I'm kinda happy there's been a long wait. CD obviously haven't rushed what their working on and hopefully this will produce really great stuff.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    2,142
    No, why should it ? It's only letters.

    If it's a downloadable or disc game, I'll still get it. It will keep me busy until the next one. No big deal.

  15. #15
    well i see this game as sort of a side project from tomb raider, maybe we will see more in the future, it doesn't bother me because i'm sure we will see the Tomb Raider name return for the next big installment

  16. #16
    in my words. its a game for the fans.
    Follow me on Twitter (@lancetheraider)Also Join my Site:
    www.lancestombraidersite.webs.com

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,658
    ^^^ I disagree. I think it's almost the opposite. A lot of fans have been saying how they hate the look of this because it's so different. It's a very narrow minded way of thinking but I'm sure the devs guessed that there'd be that reaction from some people.

    But by being a different style of game, it opens it up to players who might not play TR but enjoy these kinda of games so they pick it up. This could easily get them interested in the TR series. So I think it can gain new fans being different. Though of course the majority of TR fans will play this new game and either like it or not.

  18. #18
    Not disappointed, because it's simply not a Tomb Raider game. It's something fun to play while we wait for TR9 - instead of abandoning the franchise for a few years while people wait, this is an interesting and fun way to engage the fans and keep them interested in the brand.

    I think it's a great idea

  19. #19
    Not one bit. Because GoL is just for the sake of having fun and playing as our beloved Lara. Then when the next tomb raider games comes out but the tomb raider part in and all is well, right?

  20. #20
    As long as GoL is fun to play, and a great game, who cares what its called!

    Ok, I care a bit. After all I wouldn't be buying "Spongebob - Guardian of the Crabby Patty" even if it was the same game

  21. #21
    No =)
    New adventure, new gameplay ...

    A total diferent game of Tomb Raider, i very excited about it ! =)

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoCroft View Post
    Well, the question is in the title : what do you think of the title "Lara Croft", and not "Tomb Raider" ? For my own, I think that it's good this episode isn't named Tomb Raider, 'cause it shows that it's not a TR game, but a spin-off.

    What about you ?

    By the way, I'm also glad that the "Lara Croft - Tomb Raider" title from Angel of Darkness, Legend and Anniversary isn't here anymore (sorry, this sentence sounds weird, but as a french I don't really speak english well )
    hello
    happy when I found a French answers to your question:
    both are licensed in develloppement one we know all the other Tomb Raider and Lara Croft is a spin-off and I am pleased to soon be finding out what game I seem Excellent
    An icone goes renaitre

  23. #23
    Its alrite....wish it was a diffrent game completly nothing related to tomb raider or in this case laura croft
    signature imageAngel of Darkness

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2
    I think its awesome! I love the thank they used her name as the title, its something different, and even if its a spin off game untilll the final, i cant wait to play it!

  25. #25
    Im sure itll be a good game though. Just wont have the originality of the tomb raiders.....if you know what i mean
    signature imageAngel of Darkness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •