Thread: Why Do You Like Final Fantasy VIII ?

Why Do You Like Final Fantasy VIII ?

Why Do You Like Final Fantasy VIII ?

Let's talk about it, why are we prefer this game?
    I made a video which explains why do I like ff8, but there is only one reason. Also I like characters, graphics, story, awesome big world.
    What do you think?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8xdZIeKH78

In Final Fantasy series, if based on music alone, I would say FF8 and FF9 are the best entries of the franchise. There are lots of reasons why I like FF8 as one of my most fav video games of all time. One, I love Renoa so much. Two, everything else. Haha, sorry I don't know how to put it, it's been ages since I wrote something properly.

I think not only entries, the endings are the best as well
    Yeah, Rinoa is my fav character as well

This is why I like Final Fantasy VIII

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...E921A53B52961/

Originally Posted by Tsuko85
    This is why I like Final Fantasy VIII

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...E921A53B52961/
    ^hahahaha XD

I agree that FF8 and FF9 had some of the best music in the franchise, and the story just is one of my personal favorites. It really is hard to describe such an amazing game, but this one is at the top of my list for them to remaster, maybe if enough resources allowed.

FF8 is the best game ever created.......it will always be my favorite title.....the characters, story, world, music - everything is perfect!

I like FF8 because of the Junction system. You can customize the abilities of every character and power up their stats without leveling up...I also find the Card game very enjoyable..I usually play the card game in disc 1 for almost 10 hours nonstop hahahaha

My fav ff. Pretty much every thing about it is great.

I like the story and the funny parts (Laguna was very funny). I love the music as well. The gameplay was great, a little different from FF7 (I mean the GF and draw ability).

Junction system, gunblade, triple triad, Laguna craziness, The man with the machine gun (best battle bgm ever), Liberi Fatali, Quistis, love story, not necessarily in this order.

And, last but not the least, the nostalgia factor, because it was my first FF.

junction system = win

triple triad = super win
    (seriously one of the best mini-games EVER)

if a remastered (PS3 version) of ffvii/ffviii combo was ever released, i would be willing to spend a couple hundred dollars on it. i just recently bought the x/x-2 remastered for ps3 and am looking forward to the next 1000 hours of game play!

It was the first Final Fantasy game I've ever played. Dad let met rented it at Blockbuster Video when I was a kid and I just recently got my PS1. I was so immersed on everything about the game. The characters, the story, the gameplay, even I thought the graphics back then was so awesome. Especially when you still get to interact during some of the FMV scenes. It may be boring or whatever to others but FF VIII will always be my top favorite FF game in the series.

I hate this game i dont think it belongs in the series. There are so many things wrong with this game like there is no mp instead you have suck the magic out of monsters, the level system is retarded you level up every 1000 experience which is not what final fantasy is about, a real final fantasy makes you work hard to get stronger. The max level is 100 which a real final fantasy caps at 99 not counting ff10,13,13-2. The game is based on military and not fantasy if i wanted to play a military game then i would've went with call of duty. The characters all suck in this game no one is interesting enough to develop an emotional bond with. The characters stats are to low and cant get get stronger without junctioning magic. The graphics are even worst than ff7 i would rather look at smooth blocky characters in 7 than to look at the pixelated crap in 8. The normal monsters level up with you which makes the game less interesting. The monsters are stupid and they are nothing more than regular animals like t-rexes used to be a monster. The music is horrible in this game and turns me off. The story makes absolutely no sense. Laguna is gay (check dissidia 012 to find out). Square should remove this from the series and sell it to someone and make a new ff8 with a new story, characters and everything. I hate this game and its the one game in this series thats horrible.

Due respect for yours and everybody else’s opinion, but wasn’t the thread’s title "Why Do You Like Final Fantasy VIII" ?