Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: PC Performance thread

PC Performance thread

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 4400 @ 3.0Ghz (It's really a Sempron 140 unlocked and overclock)
    GPU: XFX ATi Radeon 4870 1GB @ 750mhz
    RAM: 2GB @1333mhz
    Mobo: ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO

I'm getting an average of 40FPS at 1440x900 with 4x AA, V-sync off, and everything on high (except SSAO which is turned off)

Is anyone encountering crashes and driver issues with the XFX 4870?

I play at 1900x1200 and get 60fps with eyecandy turned on but I'm running gtx480 sli with a i930 @ 3.4.

Originally Posted by Big Isy
    are you kidding me? Because daaaaaaaaaaamn man. I was worried my Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2Ghz wouldn't be able to handle it. I might just get that 4650 Low profile card after all! Sadly, its the only decent card within budget in the UK
    I hope you didnt buy that card. I just sold mine because it sucked for this game. i had lagg issues everywhere from falling from the sky to blowing stuff up while running. I went out an bought a 5770 No problems after that.

Post ???

I have a laptop which can play GTA IV (and the cut scenes run at about 15-25 fps), but I can't play just cause 2 mostly because the cut scenes run at 2-8 fps. My laptop only meets some of the minimum requirements for GTA IV and for Just Cause 2 it meets 2 of the maximum requirements and all of the minimum ones. What's wrong with it?

Originally Posted by LEGOZONE
    I have a laptop which can play GTA IV (and the cut scenes run at about 15-25 fps), but I can't play just cause 2 mostly because the cut scenes run at 2-8 fps. My laptop only meets some of the minimum requirements for GTA IV and for Just Cause 2 it meets 2 of the maximum requirements and all of the minimum ones. What's wrong with it?
    Looks like you need a PC or better laptop. i am guessing your laptop has an integrated card?? I am surprised you can play GTA on that thing would you mind posting the specs?

It's because you're running with intergrated graphics. If it were dedicated 512 MB, you'd be fine.

I can't show/get my specs because my laptop says:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ..........................................................ERROR!

Can not find "C:\Windows\System32" please go to
    "http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/help/contact-support" if you can't find what
    you are looking for try "http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/cu_inventory"

Sorry for the inconvenience, Microsoft is trying to find the source of this problem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know how it cant find the system32 folder...

(remove the ".......")

I'm running:
    Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
    AMD Phemom II x4 - quad-core @2.8GHz
    4 GB RAM DDR3
    ATI HD 4350 - 512 MB

When I click optimal, it puts everything up. But I can't handle that, I can handle low-mid. Even then, I'm running 50 - 60 FPS.

Originally Posted by LEGOZONE
    I can't show/get my specs because my laptop says:
    ..........................................................ERROR!

Can not find "C:\Windows\System32" please go to
    "http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/help/contact-support" if you can't find what
    you are looking for try "http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/cu_inventory"

Sorry for the inconvenience, Microsoft is trying to find the source of this problem

I don't know how it cant find the system32 folder...

(remove the ".......")
    You know, the System 32 folder could possibly be hidden.

I seem to have the same problem. the game looks great but the cutscenes run slowly with the audio getting far ahead of the video. also don't know why this is but the screen saver pops up if i don't move the mouse around during cutscenes.

according to www.canyourunit.com (which is i believe based off of the released requirements) i meet even all of the recommended requirements.

any help would be much appreciated

Page 3 of 3 First First 123