Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: dx9 pc version??

dx9 pc version??

Look at you all flame and talk about things that have no meaning, learn how to use a forum, the topic states one thing and only one thing. DX9 PC Version.

Originally Posted by Killaz916
    Look at you all flame and talk about things that have no meaning, learn how to use a forum, the topic states one thing and only one thing. DX9 PC Version.
    That's exactly what we're all talking about, but you passively (and sometimes not so passively) flame and act all superior and refuse to see the truth that has been repeatedly pointed out in this thread and many others.

Originally Posted by Killaz916
    There isn't going to be a DX9 version, pure and simple. Minium is DX10 take it or leave it, don't slagg off a company for taking this understandable step. Vista and 7 support DX10, install either of them and play the game, otherwise you are out of luck, it is THAT simple.

Killaz916 - you have been very rude on this forum and its totally uncalled for..

To answer your question, there wont be a DirectX9 patch as DirectX9 simply doesnt offer the facilities that the game engine/graphics require..

JC2 is built on a custom engine, not a commercially available one like Unreal or Source etc..

The JC2 engine is built on DX10 as its base, so cannot be downgraded to work on DirectX9..

As is always the way with the ever resourceful PC community, am sure there will be people who will probably attempt to create a `unofficial` DX9 hack to enable it to work on older hardware, however i seriously doubt it will be 100% successful thanks to the advances that DX10 has over 9.
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Thanks for answering my question.

If you have a reasonable computer (and if you want to play JC2, you'll have to), you will be able to run 7 instead of XP just fine.

I upgraded my GF's 8 year old computer (Athlon XP 2000, Nvidia 6600) to 7, and only after minor tweaking (disabling Aero and disabling advanced audio processing) it runs as nice as XP ever did, even with the pretty heavy photoshop stuff she does.

I never was a fan of Vista due to the insane resource use, but ran a heavily tweaked version of the much leaner server 2008 as my OS. It worked great, even for games, benching over most similar setups in Vista. Seems MS learned a lot from the people in the Windows 2008 workstation community, since 7 is basically identical in resource use. So I went to 7 and never looked back.

While I am a Windows 7 user with a DirectX 11 enabled graphics card, it would have been more profitable if Eidos had made the game backward compatible to DX9, a lot of people are not ready to jump into Vista or Windows 7, but I'm guessing the biggest chunk of profit will come from console users.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12