Thread: Problems in the game... [update: patch released - read first post!]

Problems in the game... [update: patch released - read first post!]

Welcome to the forum, OpenMind23.

rinmach is right, that text was really hard to read. Please do not post in a way that is making it intentionally difficult for others to read, this is against our TOU.

I fixed your post.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

lol 1,901 posts later and the game is still broken
    oh well
    lets see how long this stays as a last post
    I Love rock and roll! da da da da da

If you don't have anything helpful to say, then please do not post.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

in some parts of the map cars drive on the wrong side of the road lol doesnt ruin the game but is quite annoying

Originally Posted by Ha$a
    in some parts of the map cars drive on the wrong side of the road lol doesnt ruin the game but is quite annoying
    No that was meant to be in the game....the cars driving on the other side are from the UK

Originally Posted by caleb_a
    no that was meant to be in the game....the cars driving on the other side are from the uk

hey!
    Proud owner of a record breaking ZJ!
    signature image

Weird issue with Just cause 2

I have Dell Studio 1558,Core i5 M 430 2.27 GHz,4GB RAM,ATI Mobility HD 5470, Win7 64bit.

When I bought JC2 I thought till will run good on my laptop. But it didn't.
    I am forced to play at all low settings and res to 640X480 @ 24FPS. Then around 2 weeks back I just thought to play once. When I started the steam it updated something, and then when I played the game something happened. I was getting FPS of 60.

I then started to tweak graphics settings little bit and configured as:
    Res : 1024X768
    shadow : medium
    rest all as low and surprisingly I was able to play @ 25-30 FPS.

But again 3 days back when I started to play the game it made me so angry when I saw the FPS of 10. I was not able to understand what happened.

One thing I noticed was when the game started. It showed some scrolling text bellow the loading as " update your graphics ........". I thought it might be graphics driver issue and tried to update my ATI driver, but it showed as all updated.

Any help guys......

Originally Posted by OpenMind23
    How About Saying Something To Help & That Is Constructive?
    How about acknowledging the fact we are both from awesome Lincolnshire?
    Originally Posted by redbuffel
    I'm gonna steal your signature to advertise this.

Why it's always reinstall that works ? Finally got it fine. Steps that are followed:

1. Scanned by spy-bot.
    2. MSE scan
    3. uninstalled all video driver in normal mode.
    4. uninstalled all video driver in safe mode by driver sweeper.
    5. Cleaned all ATI registry through Cc-cleaner.
    6. Manually searched for any left over in registry and cleaned 3 entries ( that means cc-cleaner got -3).
    7. Downloaded latest driver from ATI site directly. (As system showed driver already updated, which was wrong.)
    8. Installed latest driver.
    10. Restarted machine.

Done. Now when I played game it is showing 30FPS for Res : 1024X768 and medium shadow. Well work payed.

Wrong lights on aircraft

I have noticed that many of the aircraft have the wrong Port (red) and Starboard (blue-green) light setup. Port is left and Starboard right. I know this is only minor but If it's gonna be in game it might as well be correct. Just seems to be random sometimes. As a pilot I always notice this unfortunately. Patch please...

Originally Posted by agentx
    This is a MAJOR ANNOYANCE, GLITCH, & BUG that more than a handful of people have complained about in forum posts.

100% game completion seems to be impossible

Forgive me if this has been addressed already because I haven't read this entire thread.

But according to most players who have reached 99.95% the last 0.05% is impossible to complete as the objects needed for completion simply don't exist in the game.

The objects I'm referring to are:
    3 Weapons boxes
    3 Vehicle boxes

Players suspect these 6 resource items are supposed to be given at the completion of the final story mission.

There have been multiple threads on this issue but I haven't seen any devs address the issue anywhere.

Here are a couple of threads:
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1432793
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=112519

Please fix this and make the fix retroactive for players that have completed most of the game.

Thanks.

Edit: There also seems to be a glitched or maybe non existent water tower in the game that is needed for 100% completion. Many people have had issues with this as well. Apparently there is supposed to be a water tower located at x18111 y15326 according to the JC2MapViewer mod, which isn't there.
    I second these concerns. The issue with the final 6 resource items is that the rewards for the final mission (A Just Cause) are not given, as the mission segues from the final battle, to the ending movies, then to credits, then to post-game play, and never gives the "mission completed" sequence (where it shows the mission as complete, and gives the money, chaos, and resource items). This leads to missing the three weapon and three vehicle parts (6 total items) that the mission should provide. The other six Agency missions provide the items upon completion.

The water tower listed as bugged simply does not exist in the spot listed. This leaves players with 220/221 Water Towers. The bug seems to be more of adding an extra tower in the requirements, rather than leaving one out, though. 220 is a nice even number, and all other sabotage targets have total amounts that end in 0 or 5 (except Oil Rigs, but that's different), so it seems like one extra was added in error.

Either way, these things obviously need to be fixed, otherwise acquiring 100% completion is impossible without hacking or modding the game (and the latter is only possible for PC players).

taking care of the dishes bug

this mission doesn't load. ( pressing e hangs with loading )
    when I go to the satelite dish ( without trying to start the mission by pressing e),
    I can walk through the buildings.

I already tried saving, starting a new game to erase the cache, and then reloading
    the old game. Sometimes the e doesn't show up to start the mission.

Taking the chopper ride to locations close to the start of this mission has hanged.

running on a pc with steam. just did a validate files doesn't help.

please help would like to finish the game.

Problems I Have With Just Cause 2 (+You Tube Videos)

I like this game but their are really frusterating things about the way the game is designed.

1. If you throw a grenade off of a car that is moving fast the grenade does not go in front of you if you throw it in the direction you are moving so you can't aim your grenades at all really. Same for when you are flying in your parachute the grenades don't go where they should.

2. I can't drive any of the ATVs the camera sits right behind the ATV and duh the terain is bumpy and rocky and inconsistent. The camera for the ATV is terrible it sits right behind the ATV and over every bump you go over the camera is right with it oh my god is it impossible to drive, every bump every tilt the camera goes with the ATV exactly that's rediculous I don't even know a four year old child that could stand to drive one of these ATVs in this game. Every other vehicle the camera swings and smoothly follows the driver with no bouncing and unneeded tilting, what were these guys thinking releasing this game with these two errors.

I can't belive it these errors can be patched untill then I am laughing and nauseated at this game or not playing it.

-Driving Behind a Normal Car-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh6Fg...=youtube_gdata

-Driving Behind an ATV-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNV-p...=youtube_gdata

-Grenade Throwing off of a Car-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNtLQ...=youtube_gdata

I think the ATV camera is supposed to be like that. It doesn't really disturb me though.

oh man it gives me such a headache being tilted with the terrain

the ATVs haven't bothered me as much but I do find the camera too low for the Maddux (sp?) vehicle (the one the Ular boys use) especially with a gunner. You can push the camera up but it goes back down shortly so you have to keep doing it. I remember the same thing in the ice cream truck but I really never use it.
    --------
    http://mygamepages.com forums and member created pages

ahh) I remember that exactly too which bothered me just the same I might upload a video of that, I know exactly what you're talking about their vehicle with the gun the camera is too low and you have to move the camera up all the time to see what's in front of you because the vehicle itself is in the way of what is directly in front of you. Thanks

-Driving Behind The Ular Boys Gunner Vehicle-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-PsOs7Z3Qo

Originally Posted by Lancet
    I second these concerns. The issue with the final 6 resource items is that the rewards for the final mission (A Just Cause) are not given, as the mission segues from the final battle, to the ending movies, then to credits, then to post-game play, and never gives the "mission completed" sequence (where it shows the mission as complete, and gives the money, chaos, and resource items). This leads to missing the three weapon and three vehicle parts (6 total items) that the mission should provide. The other six Agency missions provide the items upon completion.

The water tower listed as bugged simply does not exist in the spot listed. This leaves players with 220/221 Water Towers. The bug seems to be more of adding an extra tower in the requirements, rather than leaving one out, though. 220 is a nice even number, and all other sabotage targets have total amounts that end in 0 or 5 (except Oil Rigs, but that's different), so it seems like one extra was added in error.

Either way, these things obviously need to be fixed, otherwise acquiring 100% completion is impossible without hacking or modding the game (and the latter is only possible for PC players).
    I have been posting this 100% problem over and over again since the game launched, or at least since I (like so many others) got stuck at 99.95%. I keep hoping that someone, ANYONE, from the developer's office will confirm or refute this premise, even though there are many of us stuck at the same percentage and missing the same exact 6 resource items. Sadly, after almost 7 months, nobody hasbeen able to even tell us if 100% game completion is even possible, if the game is glitched and YES, we were supposed to receive 6 resource items for the final mission, or if the final 6 items are still on the map.. I guess we have simply been left hanging.

Originally Posted by ChiroVette
    I have been posting this 100% problem over and over again since the game launched, or at least since I (like so many others) got stuck at 99.95%. I keep hoping that someone, ANYONE, from the developer's office will confirm or refute this premise, even though there are many of us stuck at the same percentage and missing the same exact 6 resource items. Sadly, after almost 7 months, nobody hasbeen able to even tell us if 100% game completion is even possible, if the game is glitched and YES, we were supposed to receive 6 resource items for the final mission, or if the final 6 items are still on the map.. I guess we have simply been left hanging.
    Would these 6 resource items add up to give us the last 0.05%, or is that missing/glitched/whatever Water Tower also needed to reach 100%? Just wondering if fixing that problem would give us 100% or 99.99%.

That's a good question. I am not sure. I also have extra Propaganda Trailers, in other words like 104/100 as well as other extra chaos items. Not sure about the water tower, as I would have to boot the game up to see if I have 220 or 221. I believe there are also one or two extra Baby Panay Statues, and I may only have 90/90, but it'sbeen a while since I booted the game up, to be honest. The problem with the Propaganda trailers is that there are at least TWO locations where they re-spawn. And when I say respawn, I mean over and over and over again! If you destroy them, leave the areas, and come back again, it will be there as many times as you care to return,

Add to that the fact that one of the trailers is located in Panau City, and so is an extra water tower! In this area, I also had 100% completion AND a green check mark and guess what? I found a water tower on a roof. Since it already was at 100% AND I already had the green check mark, my percentage did not change, but the water tower was added to my total. Guess what else? There is a transformer located in a settlement that I had 100% completion AND a check mark as well! I posted videos on Youtube of a lot of this stuff, as well. One video shows me going to my pause map within a settlement, there is a green check mark there, and then after showing that, I destroyed the transformer.

I believe that I also have a videos of me destroying several re-spawning trailers AND the water tower in one of the big cities after 100% with check mark!

By the way, the reason I brought up the extra trailers is because that since this happened, I am not sure if I actually destroyed all the ones that count toward 100% OR if I destroyed some of the respawning ones more than once and even though I am over 100, might still be missing one or two, as odd as that may sound.

I'm positive I destroyed all 100 unique propaganda trailers, but I have 101 listed as destroyed. I have 99.5% as well, so most likely it only counts if you destroy 100.

The extra two Panay statues are for faction missions, and don't count as normal statues.

Even with the extra water tower, and transformer that doesn't count, it still only gives 100 total transformers and 220 water towers, out of the 221 it says exist, so even if they don't count towards their settlement, it'll still count towards 100% game completion normally.

Somehow I also have 494/490 gas pumps, and some other extra structures from 100%ing the Black Gold oil rig before doing the faction mission.

As it stands, considering the number of people who have 99.5% completion, what is probably missing is:
    -3 Weapon parts
    -3 Vehicle parts
    -1 Water Tower

The Water Tower is suspect, though, so who knows. If most people get stuck at 220/221, then it's a bugged one, but since 221 seems a VERY weird number total, they might've programmed in 220, and set the number to 221 for no reason, but the map viewer has to have gotten the coordinates for the "bugged" tower from SOMEWHERE.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure I have 99.5%. I don't know how to check my percentage beyond the one listed on my save file, which is rounded to a whole number.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure I have 99.5%. I don't know how to check my percentage beyond the one listed on my save file, which is rounded to a whole number.
    I think it shows somewhere under your map in merc mode.

I'm positive I destroyed all 100 unique propaganda trailers, but I have 101 listed as destroyed. I have 99.5% as well, so most likely it only counts if you destroy 100.

The extra two Panay statues are for faction missions, and don't count as normal statues.
    By the way, most of us don't have 99.5%, we have 99.95%! Big difference, as petty as it sounds.

I also have 494 (or 494?) gas pumps. As I said, I haven't booted up the game in a while. As for Propaganda Trailers, I am pretty sure I have all 100 Unique ones, but because I know I have destroyed several of them more than once, for all I know, maybe I am actually missing one.

For the statues, now you are making me want to boot te game up aain to check. Because I was not aware that the two statues in missions didn't count and now I want to see how many I have. If I have less than 92 in my stats, does that mean I am actually missing one of the required 90?

Driber, if you are going to delete all of these 100% game completion posts in the last page of this thread, can you at least put them in a thread about the problems with 100% game completion? I believe this is a very important topic that needs to be addressed by both the community AND, at some point, the developers.

I'm quite positive the two faction mission statues do not count as normal statues. I destroyed all 90 before doing ANY missions, and during those two faction missions, destroying the statue did not increase my count.

There are also some other structures in missions that don't count, such as four fuel depots in the airport during the faction mission where you are getting passwords from that ex-Roaches hacker. There's also a few SAMs in the backyard of a mansion during An Officer and a Hitman. None of these count towards the total count of the structure in your stats. In fact, the only mission that DOES have structures that count is Black Gold, and only if you destroy them beforehand so they respawn. Only Black Gold's generators, broadcast tower, crane, and SAM count. The respawned oil rig and fuel depots don't.

And right, mercenary mode shows it. I do have 99.95% myself, I just couldn't remember where I saw it.

Well I believe then that there are over 90 Baby Panay Statues to destroy, even though I only have 90. I really should boot up the game and check my stats, to be honest.

Page 77 of 81 First First ... 2767737475767778798081 Last