Thread: Problems in the game... [update: patch released - read first post!]

Problems in the game... [update: patch released - read first post!]

Originally Posted by CYD
    System: PS3, 60GB.

Bug/Big Annoyance-
    The problem that I encountered is that the game automatically modified all game settings (control/audio/display) were overridden to the first option. If it was a slider 1-100, it would be set to 1. If it was off/on it was set to off. If you can imagine playing the game with "default" settings and then all of a sudden EVERYTHING was set to the first option, my experience went from enjoyable to unplayable.

Couple of the major impacts immediately noticed were:
    -I couldn't hear any audio (everything was at 1)
    -I could aim or look left/right (static controller) and I couldn't see stats (HUD 1 transparency)

It took me a while to figure out it was the settings that were messed up and not a broken controller or something else. At anyrate, I haven't tried to reproduce but here's what led to this scenario.
    -I recently enabled video captured to On, and set it to auto last 30 Seconds.
    -I played for a couple hours, then after a particular stunt, it said capture was "full" would I like to discard/upload to youtube etc...
    -I declined the youtube discarded the video, and to avoid this obtrusive at the time message from popping up, there was also a context to turn off the video capture (maybe it was part of the discard, I don't recall). At anyrate after I finished and all the dialogue messages were gone, I continued my game driving to a destination, Due to driving with a fixed camera I didn't notice the look analog wasn't working, until I got out of the car. I couldn't aim, when I fired the gun I could barely hear it. Haha, I thought it was a corrupted game state, so I loaded different missions/saves, started a new game, etc...and couldn't hear anything. I tried a different PS3 game, and everything worked fine, finally checked the settings and saw everything was set at the lowest or first available option. Simply setting everything back to default fixed the playability issue. I hope it doesn't happen again, but I know what to do if it does.

I think it may have to do with saving the settings when you modify from the dialogue (turning off video capture) after being prompted to upload to youtube.

Good luck.

~CYD
    Also had this problem. So have many others D:
    "More news later this week."
    Yeah. Sure... =|

Originally Posted by supertom
    There is obviously no patch coming....

Truly pathetic, Avalanche/Eidos. Truly pathetic.
    Don't really care anymore, I'd like to thank Eidos/Avalanche for inspiring me to look elsewhere, I'm no Ubisoft fan thanks to their drm but I'm definitely now an Assassin Creed fan, so thank Eidos/Avalanche, if it were not for the fact of waiting for you to keep your promise I might never have discovered the truly remarkable world of Assassins Creed, it is now unlikely I will ever purchase anymore titles from you, when we the consumers pay for something, we expect and have the right to support.
    I have the power to create catastrophy!

this is heading in a bad direction, the whole no info on the patch thing is starting to damage avalanche's reputation. i hope they can rectify the situation soon. but even if they do release a new patch now, if it does not include significant upgrades as well as the simple bug fixes they will lose a lot of fans.the waiting has caused people to desire more. this added to the call for cheats and black market modifications makes me glad im not in their shoes at the moment.

Joey Cause is my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeyCause
    low flyer record: 93seconds

Originally Posted by meanunclebugg
    Try RED DEAD REDEMPTION" IT'S WHAT A SANDBOX SHOULD BE.
    your in the wrong forums, saying stuff like that will only get u banned.

anyway in my opinion i preffered just cause 2, it was more fun. if it had multiplayer and cheats like in rdr it would be far better. even as it is i love it .
    Joey Cause is my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeyCause
    low flyer record: 93seconds

Originally Posted by meanunclebugg
    Try RED DEAD REDEMPTION" IT'S WHAT A SANDBOX SHOULD BE.
    I'm certainly not purchasing a console just for a game, if and when they port it to pc I will gladly purchase the title.

Come Friday night, without any news, I shall NEVER be buying an Avalanche/Edios game, at least not a new copy because then the money won't go to the devs, who obviously don't give two s about their customers.
    Yeah. Sure... =|

I think MCM should be asking questions, seems to me he has been fed false information.

Originally Posted by supertom
    There was never one for JC1 and there clearly won't be one for JC2.
    I'm still waiting for that patch, but let's at least not forget the patches already released.

Originally Posted by JustSauce
    I'm still waiting for that patch, but let's at least not forget the patches already released.
    what do you mean the patch has already been released????

THE big bus cannot found! I want THE bus!

every1 is waiting for the patch (including me) but hey do u guys remember years ago when there were no patches at all for any game, we were happy and played the games as they were, i didnt know there were patches for PS3 till ard 6 months ago when i got PSN, just play JC2 as it is, like in the old 1996 with N64 and PS1 xD
    P.S. i am not saying i dont want the patch but i wont stop playing JC cuz some glitches want to ruin my gameplay

-Grenade throwing is not real world when on top of a car (grenade goes right behind you weather you throw it in front of the car or behind it)
    -Skid sound effect on dirt is not real world (still sounds like black top)

-I also don't understand how the icons on the map work. Right at the beginning of the Ular Boys missions I went on to the syphoning gas mission and it is complete but the icon dissapeard and there should be an icon there with a green check mark in it.
    Has anyone else found this annoying?
    I replayed the syphoning gas mission and the icon on the PDA dissapears after you complete that mission so I feel like I'm not getting credit for that one.

13. Originally Posted by @m
    There's already a sticky thread for this:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=102151

closed
    But why does moderators never reply to this thread? In this way is freakin' useless
    JCS: "How to get your Monster truck down safely from a skyscraper!"
    http://youtu.be/0ZMPhPLLry4

Originally Posted by bmxjumperc
    -Grenade throwing is not real world when on top of a car (grenade goes right behind you weather you throw it in front of the car or behind it)
    I've gotta say I agree whole-heartedly with the grenade/bullets/rockets/anything fired from moving vehicles issue you mention. My guess is someone didn't think to include addition of vectors when they coded that particular bit.

What most annoys me is trying to shoot out car passengers when the car is racing along. The cross-hairs are nowhere near the bullets' paths, so I have to use an SMG and just trace around with the trigger held until I start hitting somebody. Again, seems like a lack of vector addition. So long as you're pointing at the target, if you and he are moving at the same velocity the bullet will hit him (assuming no air drag, which over a 5 foot distance is negligible, and I don't believe is coded in the game at all anyway.)

And @ m4fioso above, right, it used to be that patches weren't ever released because there was never a way to get them to console owners. However, what used to happen was companies would release games with horrible bugs and they'd just fizzle. So you would just vigorously play test your game before it shipped to make sure that wouldn't happen. With gigantic and ambitious games like this, play-testing it all thoroughly isn't always very easy. Luckily they now have the option of releasing what may be a flawed game, but knowing that they can fix it later when the issues surface. So patches are expected by communities because that's the way things work these days, it's just the reality we (the devs, the publishers, the vendors, the players) are living in.

Basically, some of these things are forgivable if they never got patched. SOME are. The stuttery audio? Not forgivable. If the testers played until they got some heat even a dozen times they should have seen this glitch at least once. So I must assume they saw it. They then released it anyway. Which is marginally alright, but in that case they should have immediately begun fixing it, and they could have had a first patch for that small bug the same week it hit shelves. Imagine playing, I don't know, GoldenEye 64 and having audio glitches every 5 minutes. Would've made it seem much less complete, and probably would have hurt sales somewhat. The devs would have wanted to fix it, and nowadays they can.

STILL NO NEWS.

Sorry, I just thought I should mention it, seeing as I most likely will be banned soon
    Yeah. Sure... =|

The problem I have with this whole situation is that there are 3 types of probems:

1. Things that NEED to be fixed
    2. Things that it would be nice to have fixed
    3. New additions.

We have been told that rather than rolling out several patches, they would provide everything in one go, and we all fell for that, hook line and sinker.. But now time has passed and many people no longer care about a patch... And there are still things which NEED to be fixed.. But we are still being told or given nothing..

When you compare this to other games (who have had patches, updates and fixes), this is starting to look ominous to say the least.. Even Modern Warefare had patches quicker than this!

At the end of the day, if they aren't going to fix the nice to haves, or give us any new features, thats fine.. But by now they should have fixed issues such as:

1. The Leasureliner
    2. The disappearing Civilians
    3. The lack of spawning planes on 100% completed bases (may be intentional, but its stupid)
    4. The stuttering audio
    5. The random 'pause' that you get on the PS3 (like you have pressed the 'start' button)
    6. The "Video is full" error that you get shortly after the random pause

All of these things are obvious 'bugs'.. And they need to be fixed.. They should have been fixed already, but we have all be suckered into accepting these because of the suggestion that a bigger, more thorough patch is on the way.. Well its been almost 3 months and I have a feeling its not going to happen.. And if it does, its not going to be anything to write home about.

I am prepared to be proved wrong, but when an employee of a company writes on a public forum that we will be given info "This week" and then disappears, I can't help but be sceptical...

Jon

Originally Posted by jweaver
    When you compare this to other games (who have had patches, updates and fixes), this is starting to look ominous to say the least.. Even Modern Warefare had patches quicker than this!
    Which is saying more than it seems; a lot of the games that require patches desperately tend to be online games, as a glitch or exploit can horribly unbalance multiplayer. I know, say, Bungie when dealing with Halo games or Infinity Ward when dealing with MW2 stress very heavily doing extensive online testing of patches or changes before they go public. There's always the fear that even the slightest change to the game could tip the scales in a multiplayer game, and they don't want to encourage even the slightest balance error.

Now with JC2, there's no balance or anything of the sort to consider. We know (or PC users know) that the Leisureliner works just fine, so all they need to do is set a spawn point somewhere. That has to be, what, 2, 3 lines of code at most, depending on their syntax in the Avalanche engine? The fact that they haven't fixed at least that error yet just shows blatant disregard and disrespect.

They can still save themselves, if only somebody would at least actually talk to us about it...

No patch = No customer service
    No customer service = No consumer trust
    No consumer trust = No sales
    No sales = BANKRUPTCY

Right, now listen up. I'm an ex-skydiver with 45 jumps, current paraglider with over 700 hours, done 8 hrs in a piper tomohawk & even had a little blast in a sailplane & I've just started speed-gliding... so I do what this * Rico Rogriguez does for real,

The flying sequences (as are the driving sequences) on Just Cause 2 are fantastic. Ok, all be it with a few minor niggles of the parachute with holes at the trailing edge of the canopy instead of just the leading edge, an animation that pulls down on the brakes to speed up instead of letting the brakes up, & a rather ridiculous option to "close" the parachute instead of cut away...

My main gripe is the engine when the main caracter in the game is walking around on the ground & attempting to climb up things. It is so clumsy it is unbelievable - he can't even jump over a fence of climb up a low wall.....? Why is this....?

Sort out the basics of the engine first please.

Originally Posted by AussieTactician
    what do you mean the patch has already been released????
    I'm playing on the PC, and when the demo was released there was a patch released within days, and then the demo was patched again in another week or two. Then the full game had a patch, but that was on day 1 so I suppose few people even noticed since Steam installs that semi-silently on installation. I suppose it rolled in all those fixes from the demo and maybe some more for the full game.

I don't know about other platforms, but wasn't there a patch for the PS3 to clean up some input issues (asian console/gamepads or something)?

Originally Posted by JustSauce
    I'm playing on the PC, and when the demo was released there was a patch released within days, and then the demo was patched again in another week or two. Then the full game had a patch, but that was on day 1 so I suppose few people even noticed since Steam installs that semi-silently on installation. I suppose it rolled in all those fixes from the demo and maybe some more for the full game.

I don't know about other platforms, but wasn't there a patch for the PS3 to clean up some input issues (asian console/gamepads or something)?
    Yes there was a patch for the PS3 so the Asian game would work which is a real no brainer. You can't just sell something where the majority of the game wont work because you can't complete sequences, jump, etc etc
    Yeah. Sure... =|

I think MCM had a typo in his last post, it must have been they will tell us in a month, not later this week.

Since I am not playing game until patch is out, I will keep waiting and hope that those who think there is no patch are proven wrong.

Another day without news!

Didn't see that one coming...
    Yeah. Sure... =|

Don't know why I bother checking for news anymore
    This is a real pain in the ass

where is Mycoldman and Movura for tell us something about the delay..?

Page 53 of 81 First First ... 34349505152535455565763 ... Last