Thread: Problems in the game... [update: patch released - read first post!]

Problems in the game... [update: patch released - read first post!]

There is a fix for that though, just start a race...

Originally Posted by mrpudpud
    The dev said he would give more news on the patch this week, I hope we get some today.
    Call my a cynic, but I would be willing to bet that we don't see an update today.. I hope I am wrong, but I just have a feeling!

I know the chances are very slim, but mabye the devs might give us some new features included with the patch. Like custom soundtracks or something. REMEMBER - CHANCES ARE VERY SLIM THOUGH!!!

Originally Posted by RunningBare
    This can happen in other ways also, I was paragliding following a military boat, as you know you have to get rid of the gunner in order to be able to board the boat, so while gliding in toward the boat I grappled the gunner and Rico instantly froze in mid air, I've also had it happen while Rico was in the water, all I could do was change the diection he faces, as a pc user I have the luxury of the Bolopatch, so I instantly switched on infinite health before he got trashed and tried all sorts of ways to get him moving again, then he got hit by a rocket from a helicopter, that freed him!, of course without infinite help this is hardly a good fix!
    I have never had any problem with the water or flying, yet!. I mainly use land vehicles, helicopters and my parachute. As mentioned previously that I got stuck in mid-air, this also happened to me yesterday when I was infiltrating two ports which were right next to each other. I jumped onto the roof of the Sakura and then pressed Triangle to hop inside. I just completely froze, the only thing that I could press was the map and the menu and rotate the camera.

Also, I was flying my helicopter and I landed it quite heavily, I jumped out of the helicopter to pick something up at a Communications Outpost, I jumped back into the chopper and my blades weren't even there, yet I was flying it.

I never got stuck in mid air, but almost got stuck inside a tower once, at Cape Carnival. There are three large towers with cranes at the top. I wanted to go to the top for a drug drop so I grappeled the side of the tower. I swung past the wall and fell down in between the steel bars. Next thing I know I am stuck in a small room where you could barely move around and with pipes in the middle... I tried to run or grapple out, but nothing worked.

Enemies could still hit me so I had to get out fast. As I looked above, I could see that was my only way out... Though grappling the walls would cause the grapple to break loose again, so I would swing up really briefly... After some Tarzan Swings, I was free again. I never want to get in that position again!

Right, it's official, my game is pretty much wrecked as well. Talking about all these glitches and bugs has obviously set a curse onto it.

Back on topic, I went on Just Cause 2 earlier, for about 4 hours, did about one factions mission and just completed the settlements. I died whilst I was doing that and when I re-spawned there wasn't a vehicle in sight anywhere. I para-glided around the map, couldn't find any, I got a helicopter and flew around the villages and other settlements, I still couldn't find any, I even got a boat and guess what, I had no luck. The only vehicles that appear on my game now are vehicles that spawn in that position, the military/police, and the faction allies. What the hell is going on with this? Sort it out please, I really liked the look of the game before I bought it, then when I bought it I couldn't stop playing it, now all these bugs are taking over and are starting to drive me away from the game.

Also, I can't get on-line at the moment due to a private issue. If they're going to release a patch you will most doubtbely need to be on-line in order to update the version of your game or patch.

Start a race, and complete it

Start a race, and complete it
    Cheers for the advice, I started it and drove to the road and just ended it.

Where is the news on the patch we are supposedly getting 'this week'?

Where is the news on the patch we are supposedly getting 'this week'?
    Not on the forums anyway =\
    The day is not over though...
    "More news later this week."
    Yeah. Sure... =|

Problems iam Having on 360..

so i have finished all missions and done all settlements however the 4 settlements in Panau City finacial residential etc are at 100% but the green tick has not appeard over the icon on the map and has not added to my game progress percentage. so went on to collecting all packages black boxes done drug drops done the skulls iam still to find 1 and it does not appear on the map has anyone else came across these problems

Originally Posted by c4ri5
    so i have finished all missions and done all settlements however the 4 settlements in Panau City finacial residential etc are at 100% but the green tick has not appeard over the icon on the map and has not added to my game progress percentage. so went on to collecting all packages black boxes done drug drops done the skulls iam still to find 1 and it does not appear on the map has anyone else came across these problems
    You are missing one more item in the settlement. The game can't show decimals so you probably are at 99.5%. I have had this at 2 cities myself: At both cities I was missing a water tower.

I found one by just standing on top of a civilian car and looking around... He randomly drives so you don't have to worry about yourself not being random enough. The other one I found while being chased...

If you're hunting for a water tower look for a helo on top of the buildings in the city and fly around in a search pattern block by block. You'll find the towers and collectibles on the billboards.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned but the auto- freefall should be fixed. When you jump off a 15 foot building you don't hit terminal velocity. It gets pretty annoying.

Also, suggestion/feature request - the cops are wayyy to aggressive. Ex. I was driving in the rv not causing any s***, and a couple cops randomly start shooting at me. There weren't any faction cars/ people around and I wasn't doing anything wrong. Maybe they could make the cops a 'bit' less aggressive, or maybe a 'no cop mode' which disables the military and leaves only civilians but also disables the pickups so it's not really cheating.

Spawn DLC

Hey the thing that annoys me the most is haveing to fork out loads of cash for my DLC.

any chance of having spawn points for the stuff i buy off the PSN?

i think alot of people would agree!!!

monster truck and ricos signature gun

i am having some problems getting my monster truck and the gun, because i pre ordered it from gamestop in canada. i got a code for square enix members, but i dont know how to get my monster truck. it is dreiving me CRAZY and i really want it. any sudgestions?

i bought my monster truck from psn so it might be different to you!

BUT once bought and installed i checked i had it at the main menu where it says downloadable content then in game i bought it from the black market dealer.

if you got a code i would assume that you type the code in the redeam code section of psn, then click download and install and it should go onto your game!

let me no what your really stuck on and i might be able to help

I agree with the DLC spawns. Maybe make it somewhere simple like strongholds. Doesn't have to all be at one place, you can spread them out.

Or just have some way to refill the ammo of the DLC weapon you're carrying without having to buy anything else, so that way you still have to buy the weapon first.

And of course, please let us keep the parachute thrusters when you die or reload a game.

hey guys! guess what?
    still no patch! yay!!
    fix the black market we dont like paying after we have completed the game
    fix the driving controls
    fix the DLC and all the other things that dissapear when you die
    add some cheats
    basicly give us a free DLC that fixes the game and gives us all the things we wanted in the first place
    I Love rock and roll! da da da da da

Originally Posted by jweaver
    Call my a cynic, but I would be willing to bet that we don't see an update today.. I hope I am wrong, but I just have a feeling!
    yep i reckon your right
    we gonna be lucky if we get a patch before summer...
    I Love rock and roll! da da da da da

Er... what happened to patch info last week?

This is just becoming ridiculous now.
    Yeah. Sure... =|

I just found another problem with my game. I completed the panau financial district and it shows 100% on the game map however no green checkmark appears. Just as has happened before I combed the city looking for things then I left and came back and now something to do appears where nothing appeared before only it won't give me the checkmark for completion this time. This game has lots of bugs that need to be addressed in an update.

Originally Posted by Puffnstuff
    I just found another problem with my game. I completed the panau financial district and it shows 100% on the game map however no green checkmark appears. Just as has happened before I combed the city looking for things then I left and came back and now something to do appears where nothing appeared before only it won't give me the checkmark for completion this time. This game has lots of bugs that need to be addressed in an update.
    It's to do with the game not displaying decimals, there's something left, but it's only worth 0.5 so really you have 99.5 but it rounds it up.

You've got one last thing in the district to find then it will appear.
    Yeah. Sure... =|

I also noticed that the game has stopped spawning people and traffic in the city turning it into a ghost town as I fly around. This last time however there's light traffic but no people. If I blow up a gas bottle or start trouble then the military is all over me.

Originally Posted by Puffnstuff
    I also noticed that the game has stopped spawning people and traffic in the city turning it into a ghost town as I fly around. This last time however there's light traffic but no people. If I blow up a gas bottle or start trouble then the military is all over me.
    This is a known problem which has yet to be fixed.. just start a race.. everything will return to normal!

Page 50 of 81 First First ... 4046474849505152535460 ... Last