Thread: Problems in the game... [update: patch released - read first post!]

Problems in the game... [update: patch released - read first post!]

  1. #76
    Why didn't you include mine in your post?
    I'm sure it's not just me who doesn't like how long it takes to take over a car/helicopter
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
    PSN: Flix--

  2. #77
    theres a ps3(asian ps3) control bug that the O and X buttons aren't working and you need to press O+X to perform the action, so you can't do melee attacks, can't complete button sequences that involves O and X, no stunt jump, and most of all extremely annoying >

  3. #78
    i play it on ps3 and dont have that problem?

  4. #79
    - the people on the bikes sit too heavily on the bikes, even in a crash, they do not fall down
    - the bikes do not seem to fall down, they are always upright
    - the dead bodies disappear too quickly
    - the mini-gun is too strong

  5. #80
    Originally Posted by redshark777
    - the people on the bikes sit too heavily on the bikes, even in a crash, they do not fall down
    - the bikes do not seem to fall down, they are always upright
    - the dead bodies disappear too quickly
    - the mini-gun is too strong
    i agree with all except the minigun, its a minigun. ofcourse its strong :P

  6. #81
    Originally Posted by McCheesy69
    i agree with all except the minigun, its a minigun. ofcourse its strong :P
    Yes that's true but it should not have infinite ammo.
    In addition, I still noticed that there are no bullet holes when you shoot with the tank.
    What also bothers me is that when you sit on a motorcycle, you must shoot with RB. With RT you accelerate and then to shoot with RB is a little complicated.

  7. #82
    Hello,

    I just want to contribute to this thread, although most of these stuff is in the PC version. Hopefully this will get some attention:

    I just wanted to say that the demo actually kicked some ass. I suck at grappling, but hopefully I will get better soon. The demo itself actually is great. However, I got some weird problems regarding the control. I'm using keyboard/mouse setup and here are some of my issues:

    - Mouse: Somehow the sensitivity is different for each mode. When I am standing and shooting, I'm fine, vehicles needs some getting used to, but ultimately is fine. However heli/plane sensitivity is a bit off. It becomes very slow and I need to slide 5-10x just to make my heli turn around. Is there anyway to change the way the heli controls (like A/D to rotate and mouse left/right to roll, or something), otherwise please add the sensitivity for heli/plane controls please?
    - Mouse: I am using gaming mouse (Steelseries) and I tried with different mouse as well. Mouse button 1, 2, 3 worked fine but for some reason it didnt recognize my other buttons (I have 2 more buttons) that it wont recognize and instead will clear the button assignment instead because it says it has been used as another action.
    - Mouse/keyboard; When freefalling and/or stunt position, the mouse is overly sensitive and there is no setting to change. This is causing a lot of confusion when I am trying to freefall/base jump and/or parachuting and end up hitting the ground when I shouldnt have.
    - Keyboard: What is the button to WALK? Is there even a button for it or do I have to use a joypad?
    - Keyboard: Why cant I crouch and walk? What is the crouch used for anyway? If the stealth mechanism is a bit underused, might as well not have crouch and use it for walk or something. Rico is bullet sponge too, so crouching for cover doesnt really do anything.
    - Keyboard: Button mapping is a bit buggy. The button for on-person grenade seems to be tied to vehicles' primary fire button. Same thing for USE (E by default). When I switched this to another button, the vehicles' button for the same also has been changed, even though this is on a different category (secondary fire/grenade on person, primary fire on vehicles).

    Overall game:
    - Menu options: Why is it taking such a long time for me to save a configuration change? Not just graphical change, but ANY changes (like 3-5 seconds). Thats a bit annoying after some time.
    - Stuttering: There was a period where after some time, the game just froze for good 5-10 seconds before resuming again. I'm not sure what is causing this. I have an NVidia 285GTX card and updated driver. I tried turning off a few stuff (AA, AF, HSAO, Dynamic shadow) and now it didnt do it as often, but then right now my current setup is no AA, 8xAF, HSAO ON, High res shadow OFF, Vsync is OFF). Any ideas?

    Aside from the graphic and the gameplay, the controls are what breaking this game down in my opinion. It is either hasnt been tested enough, or maybe it is just prioritized for gamepad, which is not good at all. Hopefully this will be addressed immediately.

  8. #83

    Generic Joystick bindings

    Please could you add a request to bind generic joystick axis to movement for non-360 controllers for an upcoming patch?

    See my post on the subject

  9. #84
    euh, wat did you think from it doesn't start?
    no, realy i only get a error!!! nice game!!!

  10. #85
    @ Colonel Earnel I have added your mention of not being able to drag dead bodies, however your complaint of how long it takes to highjack I think is not neccessary, they did do testing in the game and obviously thought it as a good amount of time,

    However If anybody else feels the same way please say, as if there are loads of you i will add it (No offense but this is a gameplay mechanic)

    @P34nk i will try to add your issues but it many take some time so be patient ( and i may not add ALL of them as there are quite a few, and I might instead summerise the controls complaints)

  11. #86
    Originally Posted by CloudWolf
    @ Colonel Earnel I have added your mention of not being able to drag dead bodies, however your complaint of how long it takes to highjack I think is not neccessary, they did do testing in the game and obviously thought it as a good amount of time,

    However If anybody else feels the same way please say, as if there are loads of you i will add it (No offense but this is a gameplay mechanic)

    @P34nk i will try to add your issues but it many take some time so be patient ( and i may not add ALL of them as there are quite a few, and I might instead summerise the controls complaints)
    Thanks, CloudWolf! I'm just happy that you are willing to organize this thread. Hopefully this got stickied for dev's attention.

  12. #87
    I Hope so too...

  13. #88
    Originally Posted by CloudWolf
    @ Colonel Earnel I have added your mention of not being able to drag dead bodies, however your complaint of how long it takes to highjack I think is not neccessary, they did do testing in the game and obviously thought it as a good amount of time,

    However If anybody else feels the same way please say, as if there are loads of you i will add it (No offense but this is a gameplay mechanic)

    @P34nk i will try to add your issues but it many take some time so be patient ( and i may not add ALL of them as there are quite a few, and I might instead summerise the controls complaints)
    Id like to announce that the devs are in fact watching over this forum, keep up the good work CloudWolf!

  14. #89
    Originally Posted by dayd41
    Id like to announce that the devs are in fact watching over this forum, keep up the good work CloudWolf!
    oh yeah? :O Devs...fix the damn grapple! its too weak, let it only break when the user presses LB that is all

  15. #90
    Originally Posted by CloudWolf
    @ Colonel Earnel I have added your mention of not being able to drag dead bodies
    Yeah, you can delete that, i just saw you had it listed before...
    sry
    Originally Posted by CloudWolf
    however your complaint of how long it takes to highjack I think is not neccessary, they did do testing in the game and obviously thought it as a good amount of time,

    However If anybody else feels the same way please say, as if there are loads of you i will add it (No offense but this is a gameplay mechanic)
    Im sure they also tested the strength of the grappling hook and now many think it's too weak...

    It's just ...you move around so much and everything works fast and then you wanna hijack a Vehicle and it's like *Press X* ....wait till he hit him.... "aaah finally theres the next button" *Press O* ....Come on, smash his head into the dashboard already ...phew next button, was about time... *Press X* *Rico throws driver out*

    It takes about 7 seconds till you have the vehicle you wanted ...it just doesn't fit in when everything else really is fast-paced action

    Btw you also added "You cannot move while crouching" and "the grapple line doesn't have physics/collision" which are both just the way this game works
    ...so please add it
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
    PSN: Flix--

  16. #91
    ok i will add it as I do see your point, i will also add the weak grapple point

  17. #92
    Originally Posted by Puzzlebox
    theres a ps3(asian ps3) control bug that the O and X buttons aren't working and you need to press O+X to perform the action, so you can't do melee attacks, can't complete button sequences that involves O and X, no stunt jump, and most of all extremely annoying >
    YES! Exactly that! Its rather annoying and I really hope that they fix this for the full version. Other than that I haven't encountered any other problems but I'll post them here if I do. Can't wait for the full version.

  18. #93
    Only bugs ive found.
    1. 360 controller in vehicle controls on the PC version



    2. SENSITIVITY on helicopters needs increasing, on foot and in plane are fine.

    Apart from that very good game. Running maxed out, no blur on my HD4850. ("The way its meant to be played" my ass)

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    83
    Grapple line is way to weak, it breaks when there's a body being dragged to a vehicle.

    Vehicles shouldn't be able to go through the grapple line, imagine how awesome it would be to set a tripwire and trip one of the guys on a motorcycle.

  20. #95
    Wth?? Reading all those bugs and stuff in the demo makes me think it's not the way i expected it to be... i cant play it and i just watch gameplay videos all day long xD
    Hope this bugs/glitches and stuff get fixed in future patches because if they are not gonna be fixed what i read here then it would be alot LESS fun and thats not what it should be....
    Insert Coin Here --> [===========] <-- and make me rich

  21. #96
    I Know what you mean, its a bit annoying as if they fixed all the problems on the list then it would elevate the game to greatness

  22. #97
    PC Big Annoynace - Game freezes, still sounds and can still do stuff, ie move around shoot, go to menu, yet you wont see it happening since the visual side has frozen. Does this ingame and in menus and requires to restart the demo. Happens very often.

  23. #98
    Id like to notify people who are saying that the vehicle handling is terrible.

    This is true, bue for some reason, vehicle handling just got a little better when I played. Before the cars were slipping all over the place, but now they dont (The same car in the same spot with the same health of the car)..

    This must be a bug because the first time I played it the handling was garbage, now its good enough to enjoy. Still in desperate need of stable and realistic physics though IMO

  24. #99
    Originally Posted by dayd41
    Id like to notify people who are saying that the vehicle handling is terrible.

    This is true, bue for some reason, vehicle handling just got a little better when I played. Before the cars were slipping all over the place, but now they dont (The same car in the same spot with the same health of the car)..

    This must be a bug because the first time I played it the handling was garbage, now its good enough to enjoy. Still in desperate need of stable and realistic physics though IMO
    its because you got used to it, i hated the driving for the first 5 minutes but now i love it

  25. #100
    2. (BUG) When playing the screen somethimes freezes but the sounds still continue through the speakers, does anyone else have this problem? (Submitted By Enzoforce)
    This keeps happening to me, Nvidia 8800GTX

Page 4 of 81 First First 123456781454 ... Last