Thread: Problems in the game... [update: patch released - read first post!]

Problems in the game... [update: patch released - read first post!]

Here is another Bug...

it has some flaws..such as:
    1) helicopter..too slow
    2)the driving is either just as worse as the first on.....OR WORSE!!!
    3)enimies take awhile to kill...however you take damage very easily
    4) i didnt always get the base jump fall meter when i base jumped
    5) skydiving/base jumping- the controls are too touchy
    VTOL please

Originally Posted by awesome_man
    3)enimies take awhile to kill...however you take damage very easily
    Guess what, that's called Challenge.

The devs specifically said that you need to keep moving to stay alive. You can't expect that you can just stand in one place, shoot everyone at once, and not take an ounce of damage.

Oh, and number 9 isn't a bug, the grapple does not, and has never, had any collision. You guys dreamed up that it would (even though implementing something like that would undoubtedly be quite difficult) You can't hope that absolutely every dream that you had for this game will come true.

Originally Posted by awesome_man
    2)the driving is either just as worse as the first on.....OR WORSE!!!
    I havent played it yet... The driving is bad?!
    PSN: krankykid4/ Member of ADHD
    Add this... you know you want too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g-vFVWkwe8

no the drivings not bad at all , it because it in the desert and if you go off the road in the wrong sort of car you will feel it in the handling..

Originally Posted by redshark777
    Here is another Bug...
    are you near the boundary line , because you get that when the game world beyond that line is of low polli , there is no world deatale to render so they put a low polli version there instead, because its just a demo so we dont have the full deataled world just that section of it ?

I'm test demo of Just cause 2, and the game is not very Optimised, i have maximum graphic, Anti aliasing off, the game low fps in resolution 1680x1050, i have pre order the game, I hope the final version will be better optimized by its very frightening at times, the game will more or less "row" for nothing.
    My configuration:
    GTX 260+ edition amp² ZOTAC 896mo DDR3.
    I7 920 2.66ghz ( o/c 3.4ghz ).
    6Go DDR3 1600mhz Corsair.
    Windows seven 64bits.

What's the problem in game ?

Sorry for my bad english.

- There was a glitch where I bailed from an exploding helicopter and quickly grappled to another. Rico hung in the air in a frozen position and I could not move. I had to wait for the enemies to shoot and kill me before I could play again.

- The sensitivity for looking around when free falling is WAAAAY too high.

- Tether is weak. What's the excuse here? I can make an unbreakable tether in GMod and that's running on a 6 year old engine.

- Would be nice if we could simply turn the planes left or right without them spinning. But oh well.

- Tethering an enemy to my vehicle and driving away, he disappears 10 seconds later. WTF?

- When flying a plane, I attached an explosive barrel to it and tried to fly away, apparently the barrel was incredibly heavy and keep the plane form flying off. what gives? The physics can be a bit wonky at times.

- I'm probably going to get raged a,t but the option for a lock on wold be nice...

Other then that.. I LOVE THE DEMO. It just has some issues here and there.

when you fly all up on the map and freefall if you trie to re enter the helicopter/plane they dont regain control they just do what they want like your not in there

i manage to get to both in mid- air the plane keeps doing barriel rolls until death
    and the helicopters spins out of control like your not in it

this is an bug that is not difficult to be fixed its like that "hey you exit me i need to destroy myself no matter what happen"

Originally Posted by NEREVAR117
    - Tether is weak. What's the excuse here? I can make an unbreakable tether in GMod and that's running on a 6 year old engine.
    The tether isn't invincible not because the engine can't handle it, it's because if it were invincible it would break the gameplay.

Originally Posted by Ineedascotch
    The tether isn't invincible not because the engine can't handle it, it's because if it were invincible it would break the gameplay.
    That's not what I'm saying, it should be stronger. I can't even stop a pedestrian car. Seriously.

Originally Posted by compatible
    are you near the boundary line , because you get that when the game world beyond that line is of low polli , there is no world deatale to render so they put a low polli version there instead, because its just a demo so we dont have the full deataled world just that section of it ?
    no it was in the middle of the map

- I got stuck under a bike, I hit a barrier and slid across the floor the bike came sliding behind me and ended up on top of me rico was trying to get up but it wasn’t working and I had to restart, this is probably a rare occurrence but I still lold.

- The bollards (?) and the lamp-posts seem to be floating above the ground. Very noticable on hills.

- There is a large radio mast near the starting point if you call the black market chopper while you are near it, during the cut scene it flies through it.

- The grapple doesn't work too well at slow speeds like trying to grapple a civilian car to a tree on the roadside but it works great when you are going fast, i.e. grappling pursuers to trees during a car chase. Also the dual hook resets too fast when you only fire one shot it's sort of annoying when you are waiting for something to come along for the second shot.

- No matter how high you skydive/base jump from, you don't need the parachute to save you from death you can just grapple the floor when it's in range and you'll take no damage I know this game is designed to be OTT but pulling yourself towards a floor while falling at terminal velocity is a bit much lol.

- Ricos shadow is very pixelly it should be softer.

These are minor problems (except the floating lamp posts) but in all this is the best demo I have ever downloaded, I have to say I am really impressed, great job guys I can't wait for the release.

Edit: I also am not a big fan of the camera angle especially when you are pulling back the parachute and you can't see the floor it would be nice to move the camera slightly back.

By the way I'm playing the xbox 360 version.

I agree.
    - The camera is crazy and often just faces no where helpful when you crash into stuff.
    - Freefall is difficult as I was trying to see my landing point but instead Rico spins around like the camera is on drugs.
    - The Grapple is far to weak
    But the pro's far outweigh the cons.
    Originally Posted by Movura
    I've always had respect for you as a member

Originally Posted by Ineedascotch
    Guess what, that's called Challenge.

The devs specifically said that you need to keep moving to stay alive. You can't expect that you can just stand in one place, shoot everyone at once, and not take an ounce of damage.

Oh, and number 9 isn't a bug, the grapple does not, and has never, had any collision. You guys dreamed up that it would (even though implementing something like that would undoubtedly be quite difficult) You can't hope that absolutely every dream that you had for this game will come true.
    I understand that...however that it took me like an entire clip of my dual smgs to kill someone......also even after the enemy was dead and right before they disapeered, if you pointed the crosshairs at them they were still red...which confused me a little but.whatever
    VTOL please

I loved grapple controls, easy to cruise around the game, but the game is riddled with tiny bugs, kinda annoying. Plus timer is retarded.

It seems avalanche was so caught up in trying to make the game a challenge that they forgot about the creativity this game lives for..

Shall have the right to have a patch to improve the game technically on the demo?
    Or if not see the game completed after discharge, because one of my friends plays everything thoroughly with AAx16 its ATI 4870 fluid without slowing me is a card that should be more powerful (GTX 260 + EDITION Zotac AMP ²) game Not all of the fluid by the time its become unplayable especially in the conduct of the vehicle for his rowing, its getting too sensitive about conduite.Bref for a game that is supposedly optimized Nvidia better hope to see her Release mostly I pre-ordered, I pre-order it often, but if I see that its not work as expected based on system requirements and recommended that I pre-order over game is a demo it's true, but some game creators changed anything between the demo and full version, there were sometimes find the same problems, I would not want her on Just Cause 2 as many players in my opinion!

Sorry for my bad english.

My friend found this when we first time tested the demo.

We went driving with taxi and went of road, even if we were on dirt surface the wheels squeal when using handbreak. It's annoying. ( as far as I know this happens with all cars )

Love the demo. Have not encountered any problems or glitches. No problems with controls or gameplay (just need more practice). Just want to make a suggestion.

The boundary timer is too short. 10 sec is not enough time to turn around and get back before your teleported back to the nearest stronghold (in this case back to the top of the cliffs).

Need at least 20 sec.

i havnt found any, apart from a glitch that was funny and i want it to stay, i shot a guy off a moped and he went flying about 500 meters away
    "Me want just cause 2" says the caveman

1. Parachute camera is too close, too sensetive, and too restricted.. We need less sensitivity, and full 720 angle support

2. Car handling is absolutely horrible, backing up results in realistic skids, but the moment you drive forward while turning you do a 360 and it looks very very cheaply implimented. The overall feel of car handling is ridiculous, i absolutely hate it with a passion. Why couldnt they just make it nice and solid like NFS Shift or something?

3. Helicopter handling feels restricted and the controls just dont make sense, causing me to wonder why the they did what they did. Example: I want to turn, i have to hold like 5 buttons to do so..

4. Gun system could be simpler.

5. There needs to be an option to jump over objects that are close to you like fences and boxes. I cant stand having to carefully aim at the top of a somewhat short object, reel in and jump just to get over it

Apart from all my natural negative comments, the beautiful landscape from above is stunning, the water is better than I expected, and the grapple controls are nice and simple.

Hijacking a vehicle takes way too long!
    A solution could be using the Hijacking mechanics we've seen in erlier gameplay or just make the buttons appear earlier after you've hit the precedent button

And I also think (like many of you) that the grapple is just too weak ...i mean i would have been fine with not being able to tether a jet to a skyscraper and stuff like that but the way it is now is too damn restricting
    ...Oh, and we should be able to drag enemies no matter wheather they are alive or dead

But I still think this is a great game
    i just hope some of those things get patched...
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
    PSN: Flix--

thanks guys.

Originally Posted by dayd41
    1. Parachute camera is too close, too sensetive, and too restricted.. We need less sensitivity, and full 720 angle support
    Yesss this dont like me,...in the first game yo can move the camera in freefall (skydiving) and see the sun in the back of rico...

Page 3 of 81 First First 12345671353 ... Last