Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light press release

I don't get it. Is this the next TR game, A DLC like thing or what?

Hope it is a proper game (on a disk) as that would be great. If it's an short online downloadable like TRU DLC then I would hate that.

The fact it looks so Lord of the Rings like is a bit of a worry. Hope it still has the Tomb Raider feel to it. I am not so sure about it yet so hopefully we get more info soon.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by spyrostr View Post
    Keir i'm a little worried about this digital downloading can u give us a little explanation?pleaase..oh by the way we love u!!!!
    Digital Download means that the game wont be available (at the moment anyway) to buy in the shops. You download the game on whatever platform it's on via the Internet. So for example, if it comes out on PC, you can download the game by logging onto a service such as Steam and downloading it to your computer instead of buying it from your local game shop.

It has nothing to do with DLC (Downloadable Content) it is still a proper, full game.

Quote Originally Posted by silviu_raider View Post
    I'm so excited about this new game!!!
    I really hope we'll get a release date, at least a picture and something else next week!
    I can't wait to see what this is all about!
    When I've found out about the title I was at school and I began to scream and everybody was like "wtf?", but after I explained to them what was the hype all about they said that they would've done the same!
    Can't wait for next week!
    What school do you go to?! That really happened?! That would be so cool if I went to a school like that! Very excited, btw!

Quote Originally Posted by dark_angel_7 View Post
    Digital Download means that the game wont be available (at the moment anyway) to buy in the shops. You download the game on whatever platform it's on via the Internet. So for example, if it comes out on PC, you can download the game by logging onto a service such as Steam and downloading it to your computer instead of buying it from your local game shop.

It has nothing to do with DLC (Downloadable Content) it is still a proper, full game.
    well that's why i am worried...not everyone has the possibility to download it....
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by GemmaDarkmoon View Post
    I don't get it. Is this the next TR game, A DLC like thing or what?

Hope it is a proper game (on a disk) as that would be great. If it's an short online downloadable like TRU DLC then I would hate that.

The fact it looks so Lord of the Rings like is a bit of a worry. Hope it still has the Tomb Raider feel to it. I am not so sure about it yet so hopefully we get more info soon.
    Apparently, it is the next game featuring Lara Croft, but not the 'real' next Tomb Raider game. It's not Tomb Raider 9 (or 10?) if that makes sense. The developers are also working on that game, so two projects at the same time.

By the way, who else loves the logo and the new forum skin? <3<3
    signature image

Wait, is the game going to be digital download only?

And scremanie, don't be so rude!

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    By the way, who else loves the logo and the new forum skin? <3<3
    I do!!!!!!!! I think it looks AWESOME!!!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
    What school do you go to?! That really happened?! That would be so cool if I went to a school like that! Very excited, btw!
    Off: Yes, that really happened.
    I study in Romania, at "W. Shakespeare" High School.
    I had a great hour with my favourite teacher and I have some colleagues that are Tomb Raider fans and this happens pretty regularly at her class.

On: From what I've read on TRF, it seems, not 100% sure, that "another", or the "main/real" TRIX game, will be announced after this game.
    Anyway, I am super excited for this one!
    I really hope we get some info and some screens of the game next week, and maybe, a download date for a... demo.

we will all have to wait till next week when the GDC begins when we will be able to hear more, word of advice do not listen to fan forums they only know as much as we do, keep optimism up they said they are working on 2 titles so the latter could well be the main title while the former we all know is this guardian of light business

just watch the facebook page and the forums on the official Eidos site for the best news and information
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

Cool

Whens it coming out? and

Spoiler:

who knows all its said is 2010, maybe fall i guess or summer if its almost complete, but i havn't got the foggiest lol
    signature image

Well...if they are showing this game off on next week's conference...it means it's almost finished right?
    I'm betting on this year's fall, maybe sooner!
    signature image

yay your back L2R!
    signature image

*doesn't know what to think*
    Someone throw me a thought bone here...

Preferably one without that icky, salty biased taste.

Everything looks promising but I'm rather sceptical about the digital download. Call me old-fashioned but I prefer having the game on a disc in a box with a lovely cover art.

yeah i agree chriss99 but it might be like Battlefield 1943 (not sure if you played that) its a full game, only for online play though and that was on the xbox live market place, good fun,
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by chriss99 View Post
    Everything looks promising but I'm rather sceptical about the digital download. Call me old-fashioned but I prefer having the game on a disc in a box with a lovely cover art.
    I feel the same way! We have to wait and see...
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by danielsun View Post
    yay your back L2R!
    I have been here the whole time...lol.

I don't really mind downloading a game, it's the easiest and fastest way (for me) to get a game. And a box doesn't mean a lot to me, it's the content that matters.
    signature image

yeah but on the general discussion threads you say oo im going to sub forums and i reply

noooo come back!

i love you frodo!

etc

and damn right it is the content that matters!
    signature image

So far we know
    (a) it might have a wand thing involved with it
    (b) it's downloadable
    (c) it doesn't have Tomb Raider in the title
    (d) it probably not a full game

Miniclip bought Tomb Raider! :O
    Villa, villa.

ehhh im not too excited its either some random spinoff or its a prequel tying in TR 9 to it somehow to link into the proper game. I'll be able to get a better opinion once footage or information is released about this

till then my opinion isnt very high.

come on guys don't say teh bad stuff it could be something epic
    signature image

Exclamation Question

CAn I ask something? Is this going to be a DLC exclusive just like 'Lara's Shadow' and 'Beneath the Ashes'?

Because, personally, I am afraid to feel happy about this news because players might get disappointed the same way again, if the game isn't on all 3 major platforms.

it better be but we will have to wait to see at the GDC, i cant stop thinking about it, first Dragon age awakening, then AVP then Battlefield2 and then Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Lara and Dragon age are at the top, and then later this year, Halo Reach, my 3 main games, unless another TR game comes out or is announced

now, where did i put my credit card mwuhaha

next tuesday it starts, they better advertise it on the first day !
    signature image

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast