Thread: Official review thread

Official review thread

Thumbs Down Danish Game Magazine give Just Cause 2 a 6/10

Hi, i just read this months magazine of GamePlay (Former PcPlayer), and the stupid reviewers based their review on the demo... With comments like: "If u go over the edges u only have 10 seconds to get back, which is hard when your sliding down the mountain" they ony gave it a 6/10! 6 = Acceptable... I am so pissed that i am close to calling them and telling them "GO FIRE HER!" (Yes, its a women)... well... 6 is not that bad for a Demo... but damn, what the hell happend? I hate Reviewers that just searches google and whatch a video from last year, and then go play the demo, which they think is the full game.... Luckily gave made my own review, including the fan-site, Chaos, Missions, Black Market, Grapple & Parachute and more... (School project...) And i got what is an A in the US... anyways, i was about to cancel my subscription for their magazine... Because they have no forum, since they just changed their name/website, i cant go complain... But it does help that i get my new tv on Just Cause 2's realease date.. WOOHOOO
    PSN: fps-freak | I got the game! ´<----- Wow? lol | I want my new computer xD.

hmm, I find it funny that Magazines can reviews games a month or so before they come out. the game is not finished yet and i hope the makers are not sending out reviewable copies of the game before its finished.

I wanted to read the Edge review (to see what bizarre things they say about JC2) but the three shops I checked still all had last month's copy. Has someone got in on subscription and got it early or something? Also, as far as I know it's UK/Europe publication only.

AWESOME

Just Cause 2 got 89 % in Gamepro Magazine !!

got 8/10 from gamereactor

Originally Posted by Tieze95
    AWESOME

Just Cause 2 got 89 % in Gamepro Magazine !!
    not bad

Originally Posted by theo3335796
    86% omg thats bad they obviously dont know how to rate a game 9.3 is more like it!
    86% is great, why does everyone think 80-89% is mediocre?
    :mad2: why isn't JC 2 mine yet!

Originally Posted by FrankDaTank1218
    Agreed 86% is a great rating however JC2 does deserve to be in the 90s.

Btw me Bro also gets called the same name as you do lol.
    My Rico's in a bad way.. Had to sell grapple & parachute just to afford food n drink expenses let alone his PDA for a sleeping bag and tent.. Lower BM prices for Rico

Originally Posted by FrankDaTank1218
    86% good

IMA FIRIN

Originally Posted by HHDnBKing!
    Agreed 86% is a great rating however JC2 does deserve to be in the 90s.
    Reviews and ratings are always subjective and often different from your own view. While we (fans of JC2 and players of the demo) love the game and are sure that it (the full version, which we haven't seen yet), will be a fantastic experience, this does not mean that all 'professional' reviews have to rate the full game incredibly high.

There may be perfectly logical and justifiable reasons why a magazine might give JC2 7/10 or 83%. They might have given the review copy to someone who likes story-driven RPGs or Hello Kitty interior decorating games. These people won't necessarily appreciate JC2 for what it is. They should be grapple-hooked to the nearest Baby Panay statue and subjected to public humiliation. (In my subjective opinion).

JC2 deserves some 9 scores for taking sandbox freedom and fun to another level

6 days 'til launch and not even a single online review yet? I thought game reviews come out earlier than this.

probably some kind of embargo on online reviews.

I rate this game: Hi5.

Yeah thats right a Hi5. It's better than any review its had yet.

IGN have to give this a 10/10, they gave GTA 4 10/10 and I didn't think that was even that good. :P

Metacritic doesn't have any full posted scores yet, but it does have a page for JC2 for each platform, with a list of the available reviews and their individual scores.

PC - http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...2?q=just cause - 90, 70

PS3 - http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...2?q=just cause - 90, 86, 70

Xbox 360 - http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...2?q=just cause - 90, 80, 70

The one that will be bringing the overall score down (70 for each platform) is good old "look at us being controversial" EDGE magazine. It's an old gag, surely they must be tired of it by now.

Just Cause 2 got a 17/20 on the french magazine Jeuxvideo.mag...

It's the best video game magazine in france, and it don't have the reputation to give a lots of good marks, so that's kinda awesome.
    -~'" Stupid is as stupid does "'~-

Originally Posted by Captain-Russel
    Just Cause 2 got a 17/20 on the french magazine Jeuxvideo.mag.
    85% in the old currency. I've not seen anyone rate games out of 20 before. Ya learn something new every day.

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Do you have a link to the IGN review? I can't seem to locate it.

Originally Posted by chip5541
    Do you have a link to the IGN review? I can't seem to locate it.
    I think you mean where he said:

Originally Posted by UberG00n
    IGN have to give this a 10/10, they gave GTA 4 10/10 and I didn't think that was even that good. :P
    He was speculating that they HAVE to give it 10.

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Your right. I was just reading it too fast trying to get the list updated

im expecting: 8.4 from IGN
    8.5 from Gamestop
    B+ and A- from 1UP
    9 from Gamesradar
    4 out of 5 stars from G4TV

and around 82 - 87 on Metacritic

(Not that this matters at all, but...) I read the Edge magazine review of JC2 this morning in Sainsbury's. Typically for them it hardly mentioned anything about the fun of the open world but concentrated instead on minimal complaints about some of the missions and the fact that it takes time to build up chaos and unlock black market items. They specifically mention details about one mission, which sounds like the final mission to me, and complain about it being hard. Overall, the review sounds like it's describing a totally different game from what I know about JC2 from playing the demo, watching videos and reading various online articles.

And that review of their review is a far fairer review than their review of JC2.

Originally Posted by Johnny Tee
    (Not that this matters at all, but...) I read the Edge magazine review of JC2 this morning in Sainsbury's. Typically for them it hardly mentioned anything about the fun of the open world but concentrated instead on minimal complaints about some of the missions and the fact that it takes time to build up chaos and unlock black market items. They specifically mention details about one mission, which sounds like the final mission to me, and complain about it being hard. Overall, the review sounds like it's describing a totally different game from what I know about JC2 from playing the demo, watching videos and reading various online articles.

And that review of their review is a far fairer review than their review of JC2.
    EXACTLY !!

I didnt read the review, becuase i live in germany and here, they dont sell EDGE magazine.

But..

From what i saw on their website, theyre always trying to talk only about the worst and never mention the good and awesome things about games.

Theyre reviews should really NOT be counted in metascores.

The Australian Official Xbox 360 Magazine gave JC2 an 8/10. They're comments were "it's like watching an action movie with irritating ad breaks". They said that there were a few fun missions with lots of boring, tedious, repetitive missions inbetween and no plot. Still, 8/10 isn't bad. In the same issue BF:BC2 also got 8/10, and FFXIII got 9/10. A bit disappointed that JC2 only were given a double page review, while FFXIII had about 6-8 pages.

Page 2 of 6 First First 123456 Last