Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: The Airship Blimp (Mile High Club)

The Airship Blimp (Mile High Club)

1. The Airship Blimp (Mile High Club)

It has been confirmed that the Airship Blimp is called The Mile High Club.

Oh and incase you're wondering, no, you cannot drive the Airship. Confirmed by mycoldman:
    Originally Posted by mycoldman
    I'm not going to say too much about the blimp... but I will say it's not a vehicle, so don't exepct to be piloting it around the island. It's huge... so its top speed would be unbelievably slow if you were able to take it for a spin. That said however, it is something a little bit special. I guess you'll have to wait and see what I mean when the game comes out.
    A new piece of info from Strategy Informer has appeared. Here is an extract from the preview:
    Originally Posted by Strategy Informer
    It's surprising how much of Just Cause 2's scenery is destructible, and although there aren't Mercenaries, Red Faction or Bad Company levels of devastation on show, for a game of JC2's sheer scale, there's more than a fair share of stuff to break...

While some locations are somewhat deserted, awaiting later mission objectives to kick in before activity commences, there's still plenty to discover, whether it's the Cape Carnival rocket launchpad or
    a party boat suspended from two rather suggestive-looking Zeppelins, hundreds of feet above the sea.

Combine the main story-driven components, the numerous collectibles, hundreds of vehicles and literally thousands of opportunities to wreak chaos destroying Panau's propaganda and military presence, and you have an open-world game that has enormous potential, which shouldn't be underestimated.
    A news article on justcause.com mentions the Airship:
    Originally Posted by justcause.com
    With the demo out there and in the wild and the full game not far behind, we thought we'd celebrate by giving away some exclusive Just Cause 2 merchandise.
    So, for this week only, we'll be giving away 10 Mile High Club t-shirts - spread around the Just Cause 2 network.

Styled after the infamous floating nightclub seen in game you won't see these t-shirts anywhere else. A must-have for any Just Cause 2 fan.
    See images below:

I just wanted to compile all the images of the Airship into one thread so everyone can see them all.

And incase you are wondering where to find the Airship, I have pointed it out on this map with a red dot:

Got the above location from 4 sources:

1.) If you look at the mini-map in the pictures you can see the shape of the nearby island is the same as on the larger map.

2.) Movura's Where is Rico? competition. The green dot marking Rico's actual location is the point on the map where the Airship is.

3.) The Panauan Intel Map shows many points of interest, one of them is the Airship:

4) The Just Cause 2 Demo Map marks the location of the Airship with the shape of 2 blimps:
    Location marked on full image of map:
    http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/6...plocation1.jpg

nice compilation

it's gorgeous. Glad we finally know what it is. I'm happy. It's even cooler then the "Rico's mobile airbase" idea everyone had before.

Originally Posted by AssassinsMassCasue
    it's gorgeous. Glad we finally know what it is. I'm happy. It's even cooler then the "Rico's mobile airbase" idea everyone had before.
    I hope you can save there! The best way to start your game: Go to the strip club, then base jump down and attack some military bases (as some before stated)

Originally Posted by Apocalyptic Fish
    I hope you can save there! The best way to start your game: Go to the strip club, then base jump down and attack some military bases (as some before stated)
    wack one off before you wack someone?

I like your style
    worship JC2. play JC2. poke people for fun.

tought it woould be something more
    I want JUST CAUSE 2

Originally Posted by Apocalyptic Fish
    haha, agreed.... now if only there was a "back room".....

oh baby haha
    Thats my warmUP Founder of the New Panau Renegade Army (N.P.R.A.)

am i the only one that noticed the front of the blimps kinda look like titties?
    GIVE ME JUST CAUSE 2 OR GIVE ME DEATH

Originally Posted by scottyah
    am i the only one that noticed the front of the blimps kinda look like titties?
    Naaah dude, It's just how they ... .. The devs really weren't going for that, trust me..

My Rico's in a bad way.. Had to sell grapple & parachute just to afford food n drink expenses let alone his PDA for a sleeping bag and tent.. Lower BM prices for Rico

HHDnBKing, that image you just posted is beautiful! Great find, thanks for posting
    signature image

yaaaay i was right !!

14. Originally Posted by HHDnBKing!
    *AWESOME PIC OF THE AIRSHIP*
    Thanks for the cool picture HHDnBKing! I'll add it to the OP.

*EDIT*
    I also added a map with the location of the Airship marked on it.

Originally Posted by Generalkillgore
    Thanks for the cool picture HHDnBKing! I'll add it to the OP.

*EDIT*
    I also added a map with the location of the Airship marked on it.
    No problem for the picture or location information
    My Rico's in a bad way.. Had to sell grapple & parachute just to afford food n drink expenses let alone his PDA for a sleeping bag and tent.. Lower BM prices for Rico

that looks great ty

Grapple someone off the side and follow them down ^^
    Originally Posted by Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
    Omegatoko knows how to do things!

Anyone notice the boat icon in the 3rd pic?
    www.panauisland.com - #1 source for the latest Just Cause 2 news, information, media, Directors Club and even a live podcast!

Originally Posted by Movura
    No I hadn't, take it you know what it is right seeming as you've been there..? I did notice the orange dot in the 4th pic representing The Blimp.

YES!! What the heck is that?!
    Insert clever signature here.

21. Originally Posted by Movura
    Na, I was too distracted by the girl dancing. lol, interesting nonetheless.

Is it just me or is her right leg clipping through her skirt? Looks like a graphical glitch to me.

does anyone know what the other places are on the special map

Originally Posted by jicman
    does anyone know what the other places are on the special map
    it will probably mark the international airport and a few other neat places to visit.

also this blimp shall serve well if i get the urge to live out a james bond fantasy ingame, as i often do in GTAIV and Saints Row 2

nice. I've always had a thing for airships. I agree with apocalyptic fish, that would be an epic base jump.

Originally Posted by Generalkillgore
    Na, I was too distracted by the girl dancing. lol, interesting nonetheless.

Is it just me or is her right leg clipping through her skirt? Looks like a graphical glitch to me.
    No, that's the latest fashion for you.
    www.panauisland.com - #1 source for the latest Just Cause 2 news, information, media, Directors Club and even a live podcast!

Page 1 of 3 123 Last