Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Here it is, the official "How can I help a new LOK game be created?" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Razieltheavenger View Post
    everyone should check this link out might raise some more hopes http://thegamingliberty.com/index.ph...-in-the-works/
    Thanks for that one! It might not have told us anything new but I'm with Dumah's Wraith on this one: if interviewers are still interested in a game after 7 years I think it speaks well of both the series and our chances. It's one thing for the fans to scream and yell, it's quite another for the series to get media attention (no matter what that media may be).
    Help out with the effort for a new Legacy of Kain game! (list updated on December 6th)
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...74#post1270474

What's most encouraging about that quote in the interview is that Darrell Gallagher (the Head of Studio for CD) said "There's nothing we can talk about right now, but we can tell fans we definately hear it." (Note: Emphasis mine)

He simply could have said, "There's nothing we can talk about," but that extra "right now" implies that something is currently in the works but they are not ready to reveal it yet (either because of a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA), or because it's not far enough along yet to where they are not comfortable revealing any details).

It's definately a glimmer of hope for the franchise. If they ARE making a new game, I don't see what they have to gain by keeping the project so tightly under wraps. I'd think it'd make more sense for them to announce that the game is in development and build up some hype among current fans while also spreading the word to bring in some new ones. That's what I think, anyway.

i just moved to a new training provider and met another lok fan who plays it on his mobile all the time
    also

from this http://thegamingliberty.com/index.ph...david-bateson/

a comment like that can create all sorts of headaches to people with development deadlines to meet
    thinking about it it makes sense not to tell people too early i mean look at duke nukem forever

My thoughts exactly.
    Help out with the effort for a new Legacy of Kain game! (list updated on December 6th)

But at least there is some hope and it's nice to know that our voices are being heard and possibly making a difference

Now there just teasing us, how truely maddening can suspense be?
    I exist, therefore I am.

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but what if a bunch of us kept bugging the developers to release the old games on Steam? They've done that for the Hitman franchise etc. If they're confident the games will sell, I don't see why it wouldn't be financially viable.

My point is; we might be able to garner more interest in the series, and thus warrant a sequel. Besides, even if we don't get a sequel, we get some awesome classic games on Steam!

Edit: Oops! It was suggested before... Anyway, there's a thread over at the suggestions section at the Steam forums about the LoK series. I think we should get more posts in over there!

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1050767

Quote Originally Posted by lgj_sg View Post
    I don't know if this has been suggested before, but what if a bunch of us kept bugging the developers to release the old games on Steam? They've done that for the Hitman franchise etc. If they're confident the games will sell, I don't see why it wouldn't be financially viable.

My point is; we might be able to garner more interest in the series, and thus warrant a sequel. Besides, even if we don't get a sequel, we get some awesome classic games on Steam!

Edit: Oops! It was suggested before... Anyway, there's a thread over at the suggestions section at the Steam forums about the LoK series. I think we should get more posts in over there!

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1050767
    Thank you. I added the link to the list!

Hello again (I know you all miss me ). I just dropped in for a moment to post this:
    You know what must be done.

Have you guys seen the clips of the character pack on youtube? Seems like someone hacked it or whatever. Hopefully it`s just a really early version of it or some mod, because the models seemed kinda stiff and the resolution of the skins was somewhat low.
    Almost like they`ve had ported the skins from Defiance or something. Still glad that something is showing up.

Also haven`t the previous games been released on good old games?

I have seen said character packs and can tell you why they look like crap: they're ripped directly from Defiance, and as such look a tad out of place. I think we can count on someone doing some editing to clean things up though.

Also: good to see you again Paradoks! Thought you'd gone AWOL on us lol

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel'sRevenge View Post
    I have seen said character packs and can tell you why they look like crap: they're ripped directly from Defiance, and as such look a tad out of place. I think we can count on someone doing some editing to clean things up though.
    The character packs you have seen are just what they are said to be - "hacks". Some placeholders left in the code for testing purposes, that were never meant to be seen (voice acting, Kain's stiff cape and retarded smile definitely prove this). The proper packs are coming (and will most probably not be free).

Also: good to see you again Paradoks! Thought you'd gone AWOL on us lol
    Not really back, just passing by. I just have to take care of some matters that I should have taken care of long ago. I hope to be "back for good" around March .

Also - the new Tomb Raider has been announced today. I can't say I'm surprised, but I somehow can't get EG's quote out of my mind ("How many eons can you bear?").

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoks View Post
    Also - the new Tomb Raider has been announced today. I can't say I'm surprised, but I somehow can't get EG's quote out of my mind ("How many eons can you bear?").
    Yes I had a look at that and apparently it's going to be a reboot... So the chance of LoK getting remade wouldn't then also be so small any more...

Still, let's just hope that the more time we wait, the more quality we get in a new LoK game. I don't know if anyone is familiar with Games-Workshop or Warhammer 40k, but they recently did an update on what then was their most aged race and they made a huge improvement in quality, so if the same would happen with LoK, then that would be absolutely great. Doom also took about 10 years before there was a new game, so we can still expect a new game...

Don't forget people: LoK is still #1 of the Eidos Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoks View Post
    Not really back, just passing by. I just have to take care of some matters that I should have taken care of long ago. I hope to be "back for good" around March .
    and i'm here a LURKIN' haha!

XD

im still nuts on lok - (still playin SR/BO as we speak.)

For those who missed it - Raziel & Kain character pack is available at US PSN for $3.49. Nothing about other platforms or regions yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Linikratyo View Post
    I don't know if anyone is familiar with Games-Workshop or Warhammer 40k,
    Death to the false emperor!
    Don't forget people: LoK is still #1 of the Eidos Classics!
    That's because it was moved there last . But seriously, as I said elsewhere, it actually sold considerably better than Thief.

OK - I'm going back into the shadows - see you around March (I will still try to drop in for a minute around Christmas)

Just finally signed up on these forums. I have been waiting for a new LoK game for years now hoping beyond hope that I would see some sort of news about it. pretty much just spent the last hour perusing these forums thought I would introduce myself , LoK:2011 ftw,

hey no problem raziels revenge on finding tht i have been going crazy lookin for any info on a new legacy of kain i cnt wait for a new installment and im not giving up on the series either i wont stop till they make a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Razieltheavenger View Post
    hey no problem raziels revenge on finding tht i have been going crazy lookin for any info on a new legacy of kain i cnt wait for a new installment and im not giving up on the series either i wont stop till they make a new one
    I have been checking this forum daily for the last few weeks. I am so curious about EIDOS montreals new AAA title they are working on after deus EX, better be LoK!

I think it's already in developement at Crystal. The evidence seems to be mounting and pointing at it inventably. From the recent Karl quote which seemed to be more than just "yeah we know fans want LOK 6", to Lara Croft character pack (which IMO was to remind the public about the characters) to CD searching for new Creative Director (while having already 3 hired). I would assume they're very early in the developement and that we won't hear anything concrete this year, but rumors should increase with the official announcement sometime in 2012.

well.... if when a new game gests released, this means it will be for ps3, and the other consoles of this generation, right?

if that's so, I wont be able to play then *sigh*

Hi. I joined the forums specifically to show my support for the LoK series. I have played and replayed all of the games in the series. Because I am married and have 2 small kids, I don't have a lot of time to play games, so I generally don't go back to replay games unless they are particularly great. LoK meets that greatness criteria and I still go back to play them occasionally.

If CD announced a LoK game of any kind (remake or sequel), I'd be first in line to pre-order the ultra uber collector's edition of it (if we were so lucky to have one made) and I'm not even the type to usually buy collector's editions of games.

I'm going to go add a note to the steam thread requesting the series be released there, too. I still have all of the original games, but only on consoles. It would nice to have them all on PC, so I'd definitely buy them.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kinvaras View Post
    well.... if when a new game gests released, this means it will be for ps3, and the other consoles of this generation, right?

if that's so, I wont be able to play then *sigh*
    This is the most likely scenario (though they are still releasing PS2 games), but fear not, Legacy of Kain will most likely be coming out on the PC as well! I can't really see why they would have released the others on PC but not the new game right?

Also, I for one would be willing to buy a PS3 specifically for Legacy of Kain (this is coming from the starving college student who has about $20,000 debt in school loans and isn't even to the halfway point).

@ Tsarkon: good to have you on the forums! Legacy of Kain seems to be one of those charmed series that brings in a wide range of players and keeps them sucked in. I don't know a single person who's only played a) only one of the games, and b) only played through the series once. That's not something that can be said for most series.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietras View Post
    I think it's already in developement at Crystal. The evidence seems to be mounting and pointing at it inventably. From the recent Karl quote which seemed to be more than just "yeah we know fans want LOK 6", to Lara Croft character pack (which IMO was to remind the public about the characters) to CD searching for new Creative Director (while having already 3 hired). I would assume they're very early in the developement and that we won't hear anything concrete this year, but rumors should increase with the official announcement sometime in 2012.
    haha, then we might still get it before the end of the world x)

Can't believe it's been, what, 8 years since Defiance? I remember images of that game leaked long before CD planned, and everyone on this board, well, we were all very excited and trying to guess at their authenticity, and then trying to guess what locations we'd get. Amazing times. Though the final game wasn't as good as SR2 or as atmospheric as SR1, it was one of the big game releases of my life. New LoK please!

i own the games, and i would surely buy a new lok game, if it was created

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast