Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Here it is, the official "How can I help a new LOK game be created?" thread.

They're just rumors. They've been around for a while. But if they were true, we should have found out by now. So it's a no, (for now).
    "Hope."

Yeah, nothing official to them thus far. The "And again, a new rumour..." thread contains most of the rumours over the past year. Unfortunately, the last official word we had was confirmation back in 2011 that Crystal weren't working on a new LoK. They have become a little more mysterious since, but we could probably assume their time will probably be taken for the immediate future with the Tomb Raider reboot.

LoK Revival/reboot rumours have been fairly commonplace for a long-time, but haven't led to anything as yet. The profile of the series at the moment seems to higher than for a long time (possibly due to the attention caused by these rumours) but whether this is a sign that preparations are afoot for a long-planned return of LoK or simply shows that gaming journalists look backwards a lot and repeatedly riff off each others nostalgic wishful thinking remains to be seen.

Anniversaries are an interesting thought ... while we are indeed coming up toward the 10th Anniversary of Defiance's release (I'm led to believe it would be Nov 2003/13 for NA and Feb 2004/14 for EU), we're also coming up to another, possibly more significant milestone at about the same time, as 1993 marked the first concepts and agreements on the 'The Pillars of Nosgoth' title which eventually became BO1, (though the exact dates for that are a little vague - apparently a few months work had been done and contracts in negociation by "late 1993") so by about Novemeber 2013, the series itself could be considered to actually be 20 years old.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

20 years... Should I feel old already? I was just talking with a friend via skype about this last reply, and when I told him about the 10 year anniversary he was already saying "give up. quit waiting". And you know? I think he's got a point. It would seem waiting is not the answer any more. There are different ways of getting what we righteously want, (I've seen the hard working evidence). I dunno, maybe it's just that it's sunday and I've drinked a bit; but I feel enthusiastic. We still have large ways to exploit that first bitter taste of the terrible illusion.
    "Hope."

You might want to check this out :
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/09...y-square-enix/

just saw it on steam, I knew it wonder what kind of game it will be? :O

Yeah that'd be Sod's law - less than two weeks after I give the usual "nothing official as yet speech" for someone, and something interesting actually turns up... and that it broke yesterday just as I was going out for a drink for the first time in ages
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Ten years since Defiance. I do feel old. I wonder if a new game will get the forums buzzing like they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by +ReaverThanThou+ View Post
    Why would you want them to make another game? I mean Defiance was appalling. You want CD to defile Soul Reaver's memory even more?
    No it wasn't.

I'll Do Everything I Can

I'll do as much of your checklist as I can.

Also, is anyone else wondering why LOK didn't make it to the HD Classic Collections?

A continued story end. or reboot.

I mean defiance left off with a open ending. If that isnt enough to continue or make a end of series game to stop the hilden and become lord of nasgoth again i dont know what is. open world, villages to torment/save, Raziel is pretty much gone, now so could make the next one based on him in the sword, no remake needed, just continue, it had a great story to begin with. Upgrades for new weapons, powers, or maybe kain got hit and needs to recoop his abilitys after the hilden uprising. Im not against a remake, but i would love to see an ending to a open ended series, with a possible ulitmate HD versions of all the legacy of kains, but im asking alot their. Great series still own every disc for the psone and ps2. im not expecting LOK to hit curentgen consoles so im gonna look forward to a ps4, 720, and pc releases. or just a announcement that its coming would be nice.

That list requires some cleaning. Some points are not accurate any more.

Hi everyone: there is a public vote going on at the gaming website PixlBit to determine which is the favourite "missing in action" franchise. Legacy of Kain has already won a round against Streets of Rage, and is now being pitted against the MediEvil series. Here's the link. The poll will end this Monday, so I guess I would ask you to register there and vote for LoK if you have a few spare minutes.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

Voting

Huh, it seems to have won already against Streets of Rage. I liked those games as a kid, but I do prefer LoK by miles. Seems like LoK is up against MediEvil in another round. Can't say I care enough to sign in and vote.

It's just a random website doing a thing on franchises we love, but are no longer around. It's not like it's going to make a difference, at this point Eidos/CD will or won't based on their own motivations and not from outside factor.
    signature image

It seems the best thing to do now is wait for Nosgoth to come out and hope it will rock. If it becomes popular it will be much more likely that people will become interested in story and making devs reboot Dark Prophecy.

Too bad Kain was in the same bracket as Shepard...
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/5146

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910