Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Confirmation Email

Confirmation Email

How long did it take you to get your email?

I've been waiting 5 and a half hours and still haven't got mine.

going on 24 hours for me

Originally Posted by Ravoz
    How long did it take you to get your email?

I've been waiting 5 and a half hours and still haven't got mine.
    Huh...well nice to know that I am not the only one waiting...

For me like 12 hours...

Im guessing you guys wont get one. I just got off the phone with customer support for a refund, and they said my email address was not with the order I placed so no confirmation was sent. The rep told me this is not normal and may explain why so many people never got the confirmation. I only had my order number because I took a screenshot when the order was placed.

It looks like the register email in the game goes to registering an account on Square-Enix EU, not NA.

Oh, so this is NOT just something that happened to me.

I sent a message to support and I checked my credit card; the credit card activity says I paid for it, I really hope they sort this out.

ATTN: Anyone who did not receive a confirmation email to activate FFVII

I called Square Enix customer support, they directed me to the distributor: Digital River. I called Digital River about a half hour ago and spoke with an extremely rude agent who tried to tell me that I had no order and my card had not been charged (I was looking at the charge on my bank statement at the time). I told him that I had in fact been charged and all I wanted was to have the email resent. He told me that there was no email associated with my purchase and that is why I never received it, he told me he was resending the email to the address I gave to him over the phone and promptly hung up on me. After a half hour with still no email I called back and spoke with a different CSR, she once again told me that there was no email address associated with my order and that was why I never received confirmation. After giving her my email address she resent the email and I received it in a matter of seconds. I believe there is a problem with the transactions going through in which the email address is not being attached to the order somehow. Anyway, the Digital River customer service line is open 24/7 and you may contact them at (952)253-1234. Good luck to everybody trying to play this game!

Hey Lauren,

Thanks for the heads up!

The agent I got was a bit rude as well, as soon as I gave them my information everything was sent over. They blamed the slowness on their billing department, and said it could take up to 72 hours. Which is clearly a lie.

They do ask for your order number or email, along with your name and telephone number, hopefully you know those by heart, if not.. Goodluck!

Also : www.findmyorder.com/sstore?Action=Displa... for when you are done with this annoyance.

Wish they released this on steam, could be playing already.

If you haven't received a confirmation email, check your spam folder, for some reason gmail is throwing all emails from Square-Enix into SPAM.

Yeah, well I just called that number and they told me their offices are closed. Go figure on that 24/7 option.

Also, that link doesn't work for me. Takes me to origin for some reason, which I have used my card to purchase a game under the same email account. I don't have my order since I never wrote that information down...sad sad day.

Originally Posted by Marianne
    Yeah, well I just called that number and they told me their offices are closed. Go figure on that 24/7 option.
    Whoops...apparently i didn't listen to the options, so I am now waiting for the very nice man, who doesn't know a darn thing, to help.

Originally Posted by Marianne

The offices are closed, but you can still go through customer service which IS opened 24/7.

Yeah, I figured that out after I called again. I had a very nice young man, and for whatever reason, the email would not go through so he just gave me the activation code over the phone, which was nice of him. So yay!

@Marlanne

Also, that link doesn't work for me. Takes me to origin for some reason, which I have used my card to purchase a game under the same email account. I don't have my order since I never wrote that information down...sad sad day.

I think I'm in the same boat as you on that one. Fail Digital River... Fail.

SquEnix really should be able to support their own transaction infastructure. What gives?

Originally Posted by imported_JZweig86

@Marlanne

I think I'm in the same boat as you on that one. Fail Digital River... Fail.

SquEnix really should be able to support their own transaction infastructure. What gives?

Same here. I get transfered to some Origin page saying I can no longer access that page. This is such BS. No way in hell am I ever buying another game from Square's store. If they want my future business, put it on Steam (or gog.com, given how old games like this are...)

Originally Posted by imported_Lauren
    I called Square Enix customer support, they directed me to the distributor: Digital River. I called Digital River about a half hour ago and spoke with an extremely rude agent who tried to tell me that I had no order and my card had not been charged (I was looking at the charge on my bank statement at the time). I told him that I had in fact been charged and all I wanted was to have the email resent. He told me that there was no email associated with my purchase and that is why I never received it, he told me he was resending the email to the address I gave to him over the phone and promptly hung up on me. After a half hour with still no email I called back and spoke with a different CSR, she once again told me that there was no email address associated with my order and that was why I never received confirmation. After giving her my email address she resent the email and I received it in a matter of seconds. I believe there is a problem with the transactions going through in which the email address is not being attached to the order somehow. Anyway, the Digital River customer service line is open 24/7 and you may contact them at (952)253-1234. Good luck to everybody trying to play this game!
    I can confirm that this works. I called about a half hour ago and spoke to someone in Digital River Customer Service. She was actually very nice and helpful and within about 10 minutes I had my email.

One thing that I didn't like though was the customer service agent asked me for my SquareEnix Password. She said that the email I gave her wasn't saving and that she needed my password to access my account and save the email address. I reluctantly gave it to her.

But after I did she was able to send me the email so I don't know...after I hang up and quickly changed my Password.

I just wanted to thank Lauren for posting this info! Thanks so much, I'm now able play the game!

But man, square-enix, what a major pain this has been with the amount of hoops I had to jump through just to play this game!!

Lauren, thanks again!

No email confirmation for FF7 purchase, who do I contact?

I bought Final Fantasy VII from the online store and was told that it was being processed and I'd be notified of the result shortly. And then it seems like a lot of people, it is now two days later and I have not gotten an email. So, I'm now wondering if there is an email address I could use and get this sorted out.

check your spam folder

Originally Posted by roloterra

check your spam folder

I have been checking both my inbox and spam folder, neither have gotten it.

I'm having the same problem. No e-mail. So I can't even get my Serial Number to activate the game.

same issue

They charged my Bank Account, and I got nothing at all

Originally Posted by imported_Lauren
    Awesome! That worked, thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 Last