Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Character Booster

Character Booster

What is this character booster I read about and how do you use it? Anybody know I cant find it.

I think it might be a feature that will be available when you advance further in the game.

Yes, I cant find either

I looked everywhere i guess it comes later, seems strange though.

You need to click "View online Profile" on your FFVII Launcher. Once you do, you can locate your save via your web-browser. Underneath it is the button to boost your characters.

Originally Posted by imported_Nicholas
    You need to click "View online Profile" on your FFVII Launcher. Once you do, you can locate your save via your web-browser. Underneath it is the button to boost your characters.

Found it thanks, pretty ass backwards way of doing that.

The View Online Proflie isnt working for me, keep getting webpage errors

Character Booster

why has barret 9999hp and cloud only 9600hp after i use the character boost?

different base stats maybe? either way who cares thats like rediculous amount of hp in that game. slap an hp plus materia on him if you are that worried

Originally Posted by imported_Nicholas

And what it does is boost HP, MP, Gil... I actually hope and would love if the Character Booster were to be expanded upon beyond those 3 things

Its because of the materia your cloud is holding. Materia affects your characters stats. When you equip materia, it should tell you on the left side of the screen, what the materia increases and decreases stat-wise. Therefore, if you want a certain character to use magic as their main weapon when fighting, you should equip the materia that increases their mp. Same can be said for offensive melee fighters! If you want cloud to attack with his sword all the tim, you should equip a materia that increases his strength.

Character Booster

When you push the Character Booster option on your game profile page does it allow you to select just the gil advance and not the HP/MP?

Or is it all three without the option of one or the other?

ooks like all 3, but where's the fun in that?! you may as well grind it out ol' school!

So when you click "Boost Characters" it says that it will set HP, MP, and Gil to maximum. Does that mean it will change your character max HP and MP? Or does it mean that it will restore all your HP and MP? If it's the former, LAME! If it's the later, why do I have to 1) save my game, 2) exit the game, 3) click "View Online Profile," 4) pray to the lifestream that my profile loads, 5) click "Boost Characters," 6) lauch the game, 7) load the game, in order to reap the rewards?

Seven steps!!!!

Moreover, why can't I just choose what to do with the booster? Why can't I just use it to up my level, or restore just my MP, or give me gil, etc. Amatuer modders sitting around in their basement have made programs that do just that, and don't require you to log into a website that doesn't work 50% of the time.

If you click booster, HP/MP/Gil are set to max and the change is permenant, so... yeah. It's only useful for achievement hunting, I expect. haha.

That's pretty frustrating. I would love to just put myself at a balanced level right before a boss so I don't have to spend time leveling and could avoid random encounters, for instance.

This is a pretty bizzare release. They went out of their way to do things no one asked them to do, and then chose not to do thing a lot of folks would have liked for them to do.

Character Booster

So, I paid for, downloaded, installed and have played the game. So far, so good... (even though the Save option was a bit misleading with 'shaded out' save spots.

Could someone, anyone, please explain to me where the character booster is? How I do get to/ activate/ use it?
    Cloud Save Support...from what I have read, this is supposed to allow playing of the game on multiple PC's and by saving the game it is supposed to update some player profile of mine so when I log on another PC with the game, I can continue where I left off, yes? So I guess my question is, if the above statement is true, does this feature 'just work' when I save and then reload my game?

Lastly, I think this release was a 'milk money' move to help kickstart something else... little to no information comes with the game about using these features (Or I'm not reading and writing the same language as other people are). I have the original game for the PC, could just have easily installed it again and hacked up/ ran trainers to boost whatever I wanted...BUT...I'm a nice guy, wanted to support the company buy droppin the money. Again, I want to know more about those two features but cannot find info anywhere.

Any help would be better than what I'm doing....*twiddle thumbs*

Originally Posted by Eshellon
    So, I paid for, downloaded, installed and have played the game. So far, so good... (even though the Save option was a bit misleading with 'shaded out' save spots.

Could someone, anyone, please explain to me where the character booster is? How I do get to/ activate/ use it?
    Cloud Save Support...from what I have read, this is supposed to allow playing of the game on multiple PC's and by saving the game it is supposed to update some player profile of mine so when I log on another PC with the game, I can continue where I left off, yes? So I guess my question is, if the above statement is true, does this feature 'just work' when I save and then reload my game?

Lastly, I think this release was a 'milk money' move to help kickstart something else... little to no information comes with the game about using these features (Or I'm not reading and writing the same language as other people are). I have the original game for the PC, could just have easily installed it again and hacked up/ ran trainers to boost whatever I wanted...BUT...I'm a nice guy, wanted to support the company buy droppin the money. Again, I want to know more about those two features but cannot find info anywhere.

The character booster can be found by clicking "View online profile" on the launcher. Cloud Save just syncs in the background but it does tell you when it's doing it in the top left corner of your screen. Presumably if you login on a different PC, it will automatically download your save files.

I don't mind that this was "milk money", I will say that they didn't even give us a manual with the game which is irritating. I would like to know what the PC controls are for recharging stamina during a chocobo race (it's R1+R2 on a Playstation controller).

Originally Posted by Crono1973

The character booster can be found by clicking "View online profile" on the launcher. Cloud Save just syncs in the background but it does tell you when it's doing it in the top left corner of your screen. Presumably if you login on a different PC, it will automatically download your save files.

I don't mind that this was "milk money", I will say that they didn't even give us a manual with the game which is irritating. I would like to know what the PC controls are for recharging stamina during a chocobo race (it's R1+R2 on a Playstation controller).

Here's a site that tells you what's what

Picture of PSX/PC controller layout

www.cavesofnarshe.com/ff7/buttons.php

Originally Posted by Brandt

Originally Posted by Crono1973

Here's a site that tells you what's what

Picture of PSX/PC controller layout

www.cavesofnarshe.com/ff7/buttons.php

Thanks

I installed FFVII on my PC earlier today and have been enjoying it quite a lot. However, I would like to create a secondary savegame and screw around with the character booster that SE advertised as coming with the digital download. This is embarassing, but I cannot seem to find the feature. I looked around the install folder for a readme, no luck. When I run the game launcher, all I get are the options to play, settings, exit and view my profile. The in-game UI seems unchanged from the original release. How am I supposed to activate this feature? Is it something that will be added later? If so, then why advertise it?

Originally Posted by imported_Jon
    I installed FFVII on my PC earlier today and have been enjoying it quite a lot. However, I would like to create a secondary savegame and screw around with the character booster that SE advertised as coming with the digital download. This is embarassing, but I cannot seem to find the feature. I looked around the install folder for a readme, no luck. When I run the game launcher, all I get are the options to play, settings, exit and view my profile. The in-game UI seems unchanged from the original release. How am I supposed to activate this feature? Is it something that will be added later? If so, then why advertise it?

don't be embarassed, I have the exact same question.

hey, you can find the booster, achievements, and your saves by going here: finalfantasyviipc.com and then going to my profile. I hope this helped.

The easiest way to get to the booster is to click on "View Online Profile" from the FFVII launcher.

Then at the webpage it brings you to click "Square Enix North America" (Or what ever it says, its on the left under facebook) then after you log in, on that next page will have the character booster.

The issue I think I'm having is that it doesn't show any cloud saves, because my computer doesn't want to connect to SE's server for some reason or other. With no saved games available, it doesn't present an option to use the CB. At least I think that's the issue. I am slightly miffed that they couldn't make the feature available in-game or at least on the launcher. I plan on filing a request with SE to that extent. Anyone else having this issue?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last