Thread: is kane and lynch dead men any good

is kane and lynch dead men any good

Exclamation is kane and lynch dead men any good

plz tell me if kane and lynch is any good cause have not played this game

The game is pretty fun. The story line is nice, but the crazy psycho side of lynch is awesome. I played thru the whole game with my bro and I can tell you we weren't disappointed.
    Mech Aug of choice : HVZP (High velocity zyme projectile)

it's a lot of fun if you just like boosting and trying to get kane and lynch .
    yea lots of fun

Its a classic.....cover system a bit flakey in all honesty but other than that....its great.

In my opinion, it's better than the second.
    The campaign is much more eventful, you bust people out of prisons, you take hostages, you rob banks, you battle through a Cuban revolution...

The team mechanics are also more fleshed out, even though they don't always work all that well thanks to some suspicious AI. Enemies and especially civilians aren't very bright either.

As for the much maligned sticky cover system, indeed once in a while it doesn't work where you expect it to, which can be frustrating.
    However, I still like it for one reason: since it's more restrictive and limited to specific locations, it pushes the player to mix stop and pop with run and gun.
    The lends the game a unique feel.
    In other titles with a more traditional cover sytem (including K&L2), gunfights can quickly turn into a succession of systematic standoffs where the player uses cover at will.
    The action is more dynamic here.

K&L1's atmosphere is compelling, characters are very dark and come accross as truly merciless, which really draws you in.
    However, there are also a few moments that try too hard to emulate the film noir genre and show "attitude", potentially coming across as a bit tired. Maybe not unlike Heavy Rain.

The game also has huge visual issues. Textures and animations are often terrible, generic NPCs are easily some of the most poorly done this generation, car models repeat themselves ad nauseam, and there is an unfathomable amount of clipping and collision problems for a AAA title.

So in the end, is it a great game?
    Not really since it had huge flaws and showed a lack of polish that can't be overlooked.
    Objectively speaking, it's a 7.0 or 7.2 out of ten at best.
    But for some people, it offered intangibles, little ideas that clicked with them.
    For me, the pacing of the gunfights, that balance between run and gun and cover-based shooting was the thing.

For others it's the characters, or the multiplayer.
    It's an average game that can actually surprise you with the number of times it manages to rise above its own mediocrity.
    And that may (or may not) make it worth playing.

A bit late, Masa...
    I got 99 problems but a traitor ain't one.

Cool

Well the purpose of a forum is to have answers at the ready for questions people might still be asking in months and years to come ...

In short , Dead Men is not a great 'technical' achievement , but if you're more interested in an 'artistic' achievement from a mere 'video game' , then Dead Men it is ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

I have to agree with the above post, Dead Men was never going to win gamers hearts with beautiful graphics or stunning orchestral music, but more with it's gritty storyline and look, which make it one of the more enjoyable crime shooters of the 360, even with minor nuances and bugs.
    I took Gotham's white knight and I brought him down to our level. It wasn't hard. You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

I played K&L2 Dog Days first (on the Playstation 3) and loved it, especially the visuals. I then decided to pick up K&L Dead Men, and the graphics lacked all the crazy FX (filters) of the 2nd game, and as a result seemed to look really dated. I failed to give the game a chance, as it seemed to lack the same vibe I liked so much about K&L2 Dog Days.

Originally Posted by ukshaun
    I played K&L2 Dog Days first (on the Playstation 3) and loved it, especially the visuals. I then decided to pick up K&L Dead Men, and the graphics lacked all the crazy FX (filters) of the 2nd game, and as a result seemed to look really dated. I failed to give the game a chance, as it seemed to lack the same vibe I liked so much about K&L2 Dog Days.
    I got K&L 2 first too. LoL. It's like the original doesn't even exist or something. Which some say is bad like Xbox. Which others glamorize. Which makes me feel like it's more of a cult fan base game. You know. Don't buy it to be impressed, buy it to play at your own leisure. Which also makes me believe people who DO own it just don't want to sell their's ! So you should probably just not listen to people and just buy what you want because their reviews may just be outdoing.
    XZX WAS HERE