Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Red Dead Redemption

Red Dead Redemption

Originally Posted by Iw4n
    the next best thing?
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/li...63316?type=flv

great things to come in the sandbox genre ...

Ahhh i can't wait for this! What a truly epic year of games already (I'm hard pressed to find a similar year)?

Forget that rock* are making this whom i might add is my all time fav developer (sorry avalanche) but the wild west is also my all time fav genre and i had always craved a sandbox style game with these settings..the fact it's rock* who are pushing the envelope out and tackling it fills me with untold joy and anticipation.

I honestly have no idea how i will split my time between JC2 and this (also still active on fifa10,mw2,fallout3,bfbc2,assasins creed2 cod waw (zombies) & last but not least black on ps2) don't get me wrong it's good having all these epic titles but man it gives you a sore head lol

I don't mind though,that's why anadin was invented.

Think there'll be a small demo similar to jc2? If not then i hope to see many hands on vids in or around april time!

PSN: XLost_BhoyX

Originally Posted by dharma54
    i hope its not fuzzy like gta4 is.

I fixed my fuzzyness not 24 hours ago.

It had been bugging me for sooooo long to the point i nearly binned the game..

What you must do man is either...

a) Pay upwards of £200 to have you HD tv calibrated (assuming you have HD and assuming it hasn't been calibrated....try tweektv.com for in-depth description)

b) Buy HD basics calibration DVD or Blu-ray and follow the screen instructions.

c) Buy/rent any THX certified dvd/blu-ray movie (pixar movies mostly he all THX certificate) and open up the options then select the THX optimiser (you can find this via the bourne demo on PSN aswel should you have no THX dvd's) and then follow the onscreen instructions.

Doing B or C may not prove to be 100% accurate but i promise you will get at least a 75-80% increase in image quality and from there you can tweek ever so slightly to suite your taste.

I used the THX found in the bourne demo and i really must say the image quality is sooo so much better and dude the pixilated shadows in daylight are about as smooth as they can be now and everything looks vibrant.

Notes: This is based on ps3 but i would assume same principles apply to xbox so long as you are using a hdmi cable.

Also note that once you follow the instructions and what have you,GTA is by nature a very dull game upon instal.. you WILL still need to adjust slightly the in game contrast/brightness/saturation controls..but only a tiny bit.

Same will apply to other titles but not all..just for the love of god once calibrated DO NOT faff around again.. use the ingame controls so as not to lose your settings because only a handful will need adjusting.

I cannot advise on what settings you must deploy simply because all models have differing adjustment capabilities,but what i can do is type up a universal method to get your HDTV to a standard not far below that of a professional calibration. I will do that if asked.

One last thing, don't assume your TV is fine out the box-because it won't be & potentially you are using only 70% of the true capabilities of the set and thus missing out on some truly epic detail.. I was amazed at how alive and vibrant gta was after i calibrated.. it looked good before but now it just looks stunning..

Anyhoo like i say if you guys want an in depth step by step guide on how to vastly improve your images without stupidly hard to follow instructions gained via a dvd then let me know here and I'll get on it.

Please don't piss about though as it would take me the best part of an hour to set it up and countless hours helping folk who get lost in it and are unsure.

EDIT: Sorry for 2 long posts LOL.. i like to natter away.

Originally Posted by SkyChat
    More time to play JC2 non-stop
    That was my first thought lol

This mid-year period has been massive for titles with most still to release.So this delay imo is welcomed.. Like you,it will give me time to finish JC2 and get as close to 100% (without aids & intel maps ect) as i can.

JC2 will be like oblivion and fallout for me-in that i will always sling it in veronica (my ps3's name LMAO) every so often after beating it.

Lol, you made a thread named exactly the same as mine
    Everything should be a sandbox

its going to be INSANE!

Public free roam will be a hoot! The cool thing is there's also NPC's within that world and you can pair up with them to create a 'posse'

We will know more about all aspects of multiplayer this week as far as i know however single player is going to be equally as exciting.

Originally Posted by CloudWolf
    its going to be INSANE!
    lol, a lot of people said the same about gta4.

was a nice game, yet not insane enough.

Originally Posted by Just_Cause_U_Luv_Me
    That was my first thought lol

This mid-year period has been massive for titles with most still to release.So this delay imo is welcomed.. Like you,it will give me time to finish JC2 and get as close to 100% (without aids & intel maps ect) as i can.

JC2 will be like oblivion and fallout for me-in that i will always sling it in veronica (my ps3's name LMAO) every so often after beating it.
    To veronica?

Originally Posted by duke360
    To veronica?
    Aye,you can name your ps3 via settings so i figured I'd pay homage to a very old friend.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12