Thread: Dog Days in the media

Dog Days in the media

Eurogamer hands-on here.

"Will players put up with lower quality visuals over a prolonged period of time?"
    I will, yes.

Many people are skeptical about the visual style. I think it'll be similar to the noise effect in the Silent Hill/Project Zero games. Hell, even ICO had this option. But I do think people will either love it or hate it.

Videogamer hands-on here.

Destructoid hands-on here.

Gamespot hands-on here. NOTE: check the video!!!!!!! Dear IO, I'm at a loss for words... It's... Waw! And I mean, WAW!!!

Originally Posted by JackGordon
    Gamespot hands-on here. NOTE: check the video!!!!!!! Dear IO, I'm at a loss for words... It's... Waw! And I mean, WAW!!!
    I'm no blind sequel defender, but damn, that was really sweet looking IOI.

Originally Posted by Bionicicide
    I'm no blind sequel defender
    Neither am I.

Joystiq hands-on

" However, there's still a long way to go before Dog Days plays as smoothly as the best of the genre. For example, why is the run button assigned to the left bumper, when Gears of War made it so easy to "roadie run," and dash from cover to cover with a single button? Why is reload on the right bumper?

...it seems silly to press three buttons (A, LB, A) to move from one point to another, when other games do it with one.
    "

That's why I hated about Gears of War, how everything is mapped to one button. It made for very frustrating times. Reload for RB is same as Halo 3, so I don't see that as a problem. I don't see this as a problem.

I hope there's multiple control layouts (or better, custom option). I feel running should be clicked in with the 'Left Stick' and reload with the 'X' button.

(LOL at GoW being the best of its genre.) I hate how he referred to the running as "roadie run", they weren't hunched over, they were running/sprinting, that's it.

Originally Posted by Moeez
    Joystiq hands-on

" However, there's still a long way to go before Dog Days plays as smoothly as the best of the genre. For example, why is the run button assigned to the left bumper, when Gears of War made it so easy to "roadie run," and dash from cover to cover with a single button? Why is reload on the right bumper?

...it seems silly to press three buttons (A, LB, A) to move from one point to another, when other games do it with one.
    "

That's why I hated about Gears of War, how everything is mapped to one button. It made for very frustrating times. Reload for RB is same as Halo 3, so I don't see that as a problem. I don't see this as a problem.
    Agreed. Besides, I don't know why they complain about the run button being the LB; it worked just fine in Dead Space...

But yes, custom button mapping would be very nice, indeed!

Gamepro hands-on by John Davison (former 1UP editor)

Videogamer hands-on

Kane & Lynch 2 is hard, and I'm playing it on the normal difficulty. Enemies aren't afraid to rush you down, and don't suffer from that silly whack-a-mole thing you see AI do so often in third-person cover-based games. Different enemy classes behave differently, too: crooks are ruthless, cops like cover, and SWAT teams, well, they're just double hard bastards.

Wow, different AI for different enemies?!

It's about as close to a Michael Mann film as we've ever seen from the video game world, and that's a helluva impressive feat.

Videogamer hands-on

Wow, different AI for different enemies?!
    Yeah, to some extent that's accurate. Different types of enemies behave in different ways and have different dispositions when it comes to attacking you. It's not that uncommon but the guys have made a conscious effort to make this feel very integrated into the game because it then gives you some clues as to how to tackle a situation better from a tactical point of view.

The AI thing sounds good, i like a challenge, put only when they are smart ;-) not cheating ...

Giantbomb hands-on

Originally Posted by TheMoD
    Giantbomb hands-on
    hehe Not that great of a preview, though. He doesn't really give his impressions of actually playing the game, compared to other previews. But hey, Jeff is still interested!

Probably saving it for the Bombcast, but yeah, nothing new in the GB article.

Edit:
    Time stamp: 46:30 (~5 minutes long).
    http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast/?podcast_id=154

Gamepro hands-on by John Davison (former 1UP editor)
    I am happy about this quote:

"You play as Lynch, and all the direction regarding where to go next came from Kane as he yelled out instructions. Usually, he sounded pretty pissed about it."

I am glad Kane has not taken a back seat.

Yahoo UK preview article concludes with this nice quote: "looks like publisher Eidos has another bonafide hit on its hands for the summer."

Originally Posted by Nick@IO
    Yahoo UK preview article concludes with this nice quote: "looks like publisher Eidos has another bonafide hit on its hands for the summer."
    "As with most first-person-shooters"

Originally Posted by Bionicicide
    Probably saving it for the Bombcast, but yeah, nothing new in the GB article.

Edit:
    Time stamp: 46:30 (~5 minutes long).
    http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast/?podcast_id=154
    Wow, sounds that they were VERY impressed just like we all are.

GamesRadar goes gun crazy over Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days.

"What follows is a breathlessly energetic level that has the mismatched pair fighting their way through swathes of locals from both sides of the law. It’s a scene that aptly demonstrates the game’s improved mechanics but better illustrates its unique presentation style."

Now that was a nice read. Looking forward to more gameplay footage!

I just wanted to know about custom characters. male female custom characters so you can see the different people online.

Buzz Focus hands-on

"Karsten Lund, Game Director on Kane and Lynch 2, also told us that the game would run at a constant 60 frames."

Is that true, Nick?

"On easy difficulty, auto-lock on is set by default. At higher levels of difficulty, there is a auto-lock on that is barely noticeable. Your gun will slightly slow down as your aim drifts over an enemy target."

I don't understand this "auto-lock on" business? Like a Grand Theft Auto game? Or like "aim assist"?

It's funny, Gamesradar called FA 'one of the most terrible experiences on Live right now' and now they say it is 'the fantastic greed-driven Fragile Alliance multiplayer'.

^^

Man, to hell with Gamesradar. They have one of the worst sites, ever. I can barely enter it without getting 50 pop-ups and a virus warning.

Now, Square-Enix has revitalized the mercenary-psychopath duo in Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days.
    Stopped reading there.
    I got 99 problems but a traitor ain't one.

Gamespot multiplayer hands-on here.

Page 3 of 27 First First 123456713 ... Last