Thread: What comics/cartoons have you read/seen lately?

What comics/cartoons have you read/seen lately?

i've been reading through some of the Gotham Adventures, Adventures of batman and robin, etc books whenever i come across them. Otherwise i just pull whatever batman comics are available in my library =p so far i have batman: ego i'm going to read through as well as face the face. Then i pulled out a couple Iron man comics. There's some i've been wanting to read through and will go looking for (like some of the most talked one's such as Hush, TLH, The Killing joke, etc just so i know the backstory behind them. Otherwise i'm just reading whatever i get my hands on =p

Originally Posted by Drazar
    "the art in widening gyre is disgusting" was your opinion based off previews alone, you've missed so much of the book that the opinion carries little weight. You haven't seen barely if any action sequences and so forth, yet you come here and state the art is disgusting. >_>
    What makes you think I've only seen previews and that's all my opinion's based on?
    What makes you think I've missed too much of the book that my opinion carries little weight?
    What makes you think I 'haven't seen barely if any action sequences'?
    What makes you think you know what little bits of the books you think you know I've seen?

I've seen more than enough to make a very informed opinion yet you come here and state you know exactly what I have seen and that it's not enough.
    You've all got it wrong, it's 'I couldn't care less' not 'I could care less'.

Originally Posted by thebatman226
    What makes you think I've only seen previews and that's all my opinion's based on?
    What makes you think I've missed too much of the book that my opinion carries little weight?
    What makes you think I 'haven't seen barely if any action sequences'?
    What makes you think you know what little bits of the books you think you know I've seen?

I've seen more than enough to make a very informed opinion yet you come here and state you know exactly what I have seen and that it's not enough.
    You said you haven't touched an issue in your life. So yeah how else would you see enough art?

You said you haven't touched an issue in your life. So yeah how else would you see enough art?
    I haven't touched an issue, doesn't mean I haven't seen one.

That sentence doesn't even make sense.

haha okay

So were you reading it from someone elses' hands or were you judging a comic by its cover art

Originally Posted by thebatman226
    I haven't touched an issue, doesn't mean I haven't seen one.
    quit being ridiculous.
    W.W.B.D. What Would Batman Do?

I have to agree with these guys. The phrase "don't judge a book by it's cover" especially rings true for comic books. If I based my opinion on every comic I saw from just what I saw on the cover alone, I wouldn't have read half the comics I own and would have missed out on some really great stories.

I personally liked the art in Widening Gyre, especially the detail to the gory parts. It might not be as good as Jim Lee's art, but it's more than good enough.

Well I guess there is no posting what comics I read if people can't be take a persons opinion...screw it.

Anyways it is hard to read Batman comics even though there is no true Batman. Yes I know Dick Grayson is the best substitute but he is a SUBSTITUTE! Even for all you "Boy Wonder Lovers" pun intended Bruce is Batman.

The Phantom: Ghost Who Walks
    100 Bullets
    Justice League of America
    All Star Batman and Robin (though they will never continue)
    Trinity
    Justice League: Cry for Justice
    Wonder Woman
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Gotham Sirens
    Whatever happened to the American dream? It came true, you're looking at it .

Originally Posted by The Comedian
    Anyways it is hard to read Batman comics even though there is no true Batman.
    Since you like All-Star Batman and Robin. I'd really recommend checking out Widening Gyre. It's written by Kevin Smith and has Bruce as Batman. As DarkKnightReturns said it's extremely violent (and pretty brütal) and the characters are spot on, but i will say that Bruce here does have a sense of humor, but hey so does Frank's Batman so that shouldn't be a problem.

Another thing I'd like to point out about Widening Gyre is, sometimes the covers can be kind of misleading. For example, if my memory serves me correctly, the latest released issue has Joker in his boxers wielding a sword on the cover, yet nowhere in it do you see this, or see Joker at all in that particular issue for that matter. I'll have to go back and check, but I'm pretty sure that was the case.

Originally Posted by The Comedian
    Well I guess there is no posting what comics I read if people can't be take a persons opinion...screw it.
    Opinions are meant to be challenged that is why they are opinions and not facts. If there were no arguments over opinions there wouldn't be a whole lot of discussion on an open forum.

So let me get this right? without spoilers what is the Widening Gyre about please? and is it a mini series? ALSO is it comic out as a novel? and last but not least IS GRAYSON IN IT lol thanks

dont worry think I answered most of my own questions thanks to dc comics

I've read Batgirl: Kicking Assassins @a library. never got to finish the last few pages, though..
    Happiness is an illusion. Suffering is real.

Originally Posted by xxhanzyxx
    So let me get this right? without spoilers what is the Widening Gyre about please? and is it a mini series? ALSO is it comic out as a novel? and last but not least IS GRAYSON IN IT lol thanks

dont worry think I answered most of my own questions thanks to dc comics
    Widening Gyre has Bruce Wayne as Batman. Dick Grayson is in it, but as Nightwing. This is supposedly before/ignoring R.I.P and all that stuff. It's not out as a graphic novel YET, but it will be later this year; There's four issues out right now and more are coming in the next few months.

Basically Bruce Wayne is experiencing a lot of flashbacks of his crimefighting escapades while he meets a mysterious new vigilante who helps him out and he hooks back up with Silver St. Cloud. It's kind of hard to talk a lot about it without spoilers, but it's a pretty good series so far IMO.

It is a good question what exactly Widening Gyre is. We got Batman fightning crime. Silver romance subplot and Baphomet the new vigilante in Gotham. Lots of action and Kevin Smith (Clerks, Dogma) writing brilliantly... Not to mention making Crazy Quilt into a grimdark villain was hilariously awesome.

The mini-serie has proven succesful enough that Baphomet receives his own mini and Widening Gyre expands into 12 issues total with another new hero from Smith.

... Not to mention making Crazy Quilt into a grimdark villain was hilariously awesome.
    I was hoping he would do another one of the sillier villains some justice again, I thought he handled Maxi Zeus in Cacophony brilliantly. Turned him into an actually plausible character.

I've been reading Gotham City Sirens,.... and Freddy Vs Jason Vs Ash, I saw it in a forbidden planet a thought "Aw what the heck, this should be good for a laugh" and it was pretty dang good.
    I killed Jason Todd and all i got was this lousy t-shirt.

Originally Posted by Matches Malone
    I was hoping he would do another one of the sillier villains some justice again, I thought he handled Maxi Zeus in Cacophony brilliantly. Turned him into an actually plausible character.
    I don't know would i call it "doing justice" since Crazy Quilt still ends up being a loser. You'll see what he does and why he does it in the comic, but i don't find "going grim dark" as a good reasoning for Batman villains. I think it's nice to have good variety of grimdark to less grimmer such as Penquin and Catwoman.

Supergirl.

Cool, will have to get those then! Will wait till all six are out then get the job lot on ebay lol! Then if they are doing 12 issues and I like them I will get them too...

Oh my goodness just read Batman and Nightwing Bloodbourne! Well if DC are happy to hire people that pencil and ink like that GIVE ME AND MY 2 YEAR OLD COUSIN A JOB! It was ruddy awful, it took me a few re reads of the same few pages (back and forth) to stop from zoning in on the shoddy artwork and actually concentrate of the story, which was rathe *meh* at that, so many jumps I thought I was suffering from a virus myself... Not sure if any one else agrees, maybe it is a good story and I just need a lie down and another attempt at reading it tomorrow

Superman: Day of Doom.

Batman:Arkham Asylum:A serious house on serious Earth.

i just finished "It's joker time!"

Page 3 of 37 First First 123456713 ... Last