Thread: Is Batman gay?

Is Batman gay?

Oh yeah topic He's not gay (at least not yet) because all romantic relationships have been with women.
    HELP THE CAUSE! DONATE TO THE CHURCH OF RAZOR

Just for the record, Batmans awsome so I mean, even if he was gay it wouldn't matter too much as long as he didn't act like it too much. I just know for a fact thought that he is really straight.

i forgot to say that i don't give a crap about ANYONES romantic life. anyone. well, except myself... but anyway, i wouldn't care either way. i mean if he was, i doubt he'd be much different.
    Wait 'til they get a load of me!
    music avatar of the month: Nine Inch Nails, The Slip

Indeed he wouldn't be different. Instead of being a player to women he'd be for guys. I don't see that as a major deal-breaker for anyone, but hey this reminds me of Warren Ellis' Authority, which is like Justice League but these guys really are trying to dominate earth and they *do* kill their enemies. Authority's "Batman" and Superman" members are a gay couple and they have a adopted daughter. Fun twist if you ask me to the Batman/Supes archtypes.

Originally Posted by Gandalf-the-Fabulous
    Hi there not long ago I started a thread called Batman is totally Fabulous, and in it I said how great Batman is and how good it is that somebody is finally publishing a game around a gay character.

You can find the thread here http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=99717

Now as you will see a homophobic moderator for some reason took issue with my thread locking it and threatening me with a ban. What I would like to know what this ban would be for? Calling the sky blue? Batman is in fact a gay character.

What is that you say? Batman isnt gay? Im sorry fella but I think this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Batbed.png) says otherwise.

Psychologist Fredric Wertham even had this to say about Batman, "Batman stories are psychologically homosexual. Only someone ignorant of the fundamentals of psychiatry and of the psychopathology of sex can fail to realize a subtle atmosphere of homoeroticism which pervades the adventures of the mature 'Batman' and his young friend 'Robin.'"

Even authors of the Batman comic books have admitted that Batman is a gay character. Frank Miller (He also wrote Sin City and 300 (which is also very homoerotic)) has described the relationship between Batman and the Joker as a "homophobic nightmare" and has said that he views the character as sublimating his sexual urges into crime fighting, concluding, "He'd be much healthier if he were openly gay."

Besides how is it that most men fall victim to Poison Ivy's charms yet Batman is totally unnafected? Not even Wonder Woman can seduce Batman as shown in this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w6khbl-uXw.

Face it Batman is gay and totally fabulous.
    You sir, is using decades old material and the opinion of psychiatrist that analyzed a comic book character. The character is written by many people and these same people have different takes on the character. I haven't read all comics with Batman on them. But I read a lot of Batman. And if there's one thing you should know is that Bruce Wayne made love with several different female characters in his life and even shared his secret identity with them. So please, get your facts right before posting something about this awesome character.

Batman isnt gay...

Joker is gay...in the sense he is really HAPPY not a homosexual

The End
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

Originally Posted by Drazar
    Indeed he wouldn't be different. Instead of being a player to women he'd be for guys. I don't see that as a major deal-breaker for anyone, but hey this reminds me of Warren Ellis' Authority, which is like Justice League but these guys really are trying to dominate earth and they *do* kill their enemies. Authority's "Batman" and Superman" members are a gay couple and they have a adopted daughter. Fun twist if you ask me to the Batman/Supes archtypes.
    This is the best possible answer. OP would be better off reading Midnighter than trying to change Batman.

That Midnighter comic was incredibly badass for a number of reasons, regardless of the main character's orientation. I found a pretty good introductory blog if OP is interested in learning more about him.

Here are some more Midnighter pics, just 'cause I like them:

Sir! I might be interested in reading some Authority. Could you be kind enough to recommend me some Graphical Novels? Preferrebly written by Ellis, Morrison or Millar.

Sir! I might be interested in reading some Authority. Could you be kind enough to recommend me some Graphical Novels? Preferrebly written by Ellis, Morrison or Millar.
    I never read the Authority, but I've got the entire run of the Midnighter comic. If I remember right, it started off being written by Garth Ennis and then got switched over to somebody else. I don't think it comes out any more, but the back issues are definitely worth getting.

Far as Morrison, I still think his run on Animal Man is the best comic I've ever read. My favorite stuff by Ellis would be Doktor Sleepless, No Hero, and Black Summer. The only things I can think of that I liked from Millar were Wanted and the first issues of Kick Ass. I kinda lost interest in that second one after a while though.

I'm probably leaving something out here but I haven't really woke up yet, lol.

Edited to add: Crecy by Ellis.

Oh well... But hey lets remember what all the Batman and Robin gay jokes gave birth to:

Alex Ross' finest work.

Hahaha -- it took me a minute to find this, but this is one of my favorite Midnighter pages. He captures the main bad guy and tells him to get on his knees, then this happens:

"You really have got a dirty mind, haven't you? Stay still." LOL

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ You cant behead someone in a Teen rated game!

Originally Posted by Batman The Sequel Hunter
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ You cant behead someone in a Teen rated game!
    Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe says hi. Deathstroke decapitates a man (you can see the shadow of it.)

FCOL>For crying out loud

Robin isn't gay, Batman isn't gay. But this does give me the opportunity to post this piece of comic awesomeness.

Yes, Robin might want to get some baggier pants
    Beware of the Knight.

Originally Posted by Rareless09
    FCOL>For crying out loud

Robin isn't gay, Batman isn't gay. But this does give me the opportunity to post this piece of comic awesomeness.

SO full of WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That better be your utility belt pushing against my leg...
    Happiness is an illusion. Suffering is real.

Originally Posted by Rareless09
    FCOL>For crying out loud

Who drew this? Lovin' the artwork! and that made me LOL

Robin shoulda just manned up and said,"i've always wanted you, and since we might die tonight,I'm going to take you."If she felt the same, and since Superheroes risk their lives every day,that'd be an easy way to get some battail.
    signature image

^ i agree!

AHH YEAH.

Originally Posted by batfan08
    Robin shoulda just manned up and said,"i've always wanted you, and since we might die tonight,I'm going to take you."If she felt the same, and since Superheroes risk their lives every day,that'd be an easy way to get some battail.

This thread is relevant to my interests.

We all know Batman is a furry.

Batman's a scaly not a furry and who wouldn't be after going hand-to-hand with this

Batman gets more ass than a bat-toilet seat.
    signature image

We all know Batman is a furry.
    You just scarred me for life.....
    I hate you.
    I thought you realised that aftershave was meant to sting?

Page 2 of 5 First First 12345 Last