Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: New Build (March 4th) - Patch Notes

New Build (March 4th) - Patch Notes

Post New Build (March 4th) - Patch Notes

Please find below notes for the major fixes brought in by build 78743 on 4th March 2014:

• Bug fixes and updates to Sommerdamm collision and traversal
    • Bug fixes and updates to Provance collision and traversal
    • Bug fixes and updates to Valeholm collision and traversal
    • Issues with XP and Gold allocation have now been fixed
    • Scout and Sentinel unlock functionality for Alpha testers has now been fixed
    • Lobby UI now shows player list for all players
    • UI has been updated for matchmaking screens and in-game death screens
    Square Enix London Studios Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

has matchmaking been adressed?

Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz
    Please find below notes for the major fixes brought in by build 78743 on 4th March 2014:
    [*]Issues with XP and Gold allocation have now been fixed
    Woohoo - you do not know how happy that makes me though it hasn't been as bad over the last couple of days.

Can't wait to get in game later and see the improvements

I also expected some matchmaking work, but I know that's higher on the list now.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

There is some matchmaking stuff in the patch but it didn't make it into patch notes for some reason.

Store filters should be fixed, and the 30 fps lock should be back to 60 by default.

The next patch will have balance changes.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey
    There is some matchmaking stuff in the patch but it didn't make it into patch notes for some reason.

Store filters should be fixed, and the 30 fps lock should be back to 60 by default.

The next patch will have balance changes.
    And I sincerely hope that's the patch with the new abilities? And the party re-enabling? hmhmhmhm?
    Suppose you throw a coin enough times.Suppose one day, it lands on its edge...

I've noticed invites are working. The teams aren't working yet, but at least we can join games now.

Originally Posted by cmstache
    I've noticed invites are working. The teams aren't working yet, but at least we can join games now.
    I agree but I find my patience wearing thin when the matchmaking system doesn't work and I have to sit through 20 pointless minutes of me doing all I can to ...what? Get best damage on the scoreboard? Does that even matter?

Honestly the one thing that gets me most is that I main Tyrant. And I LOATHE the fact that because of no parties and the influx of new players I have to play games where I am the punching bag and the opposing team is loving it.I'd also love to point out how POINTLESS groundslam feels compared to shockwave in solo games. Groundslam was created with teams and teamplay in mind none of which exist at the moment.

Forgive my rant but my frustration has reached peek levels again for today.
    Suppose you throw a coin enough times.Suppose one day, it lands on its edge...

My "Tools" page in the Store still displays "Sentinel Class" and "Scout class", just now the images have been replaced with one of a chest.

Originally Posted by LOFO1993
    My "Tools" page in the Store still displays "Sentinel Class" and "Scout class", just now the images have been replaced with one of a chest.
    This should fix itself after a restart, we switched to a system that pulls the images from a backend database and they might not have updated correctly in your UI.

Patch Notes I love my Patch Notes <3.

Originally Posted by CoOkiedude
    I agree but I find my patience wearing thin when the matchmaking system doesn't work and I have to sit through 20 pointless minutes of me doing all I can to ...what? Get best damage on the scoreboard? Does that even matter?

Honestly the one thing that gets me most is that I main Tyrant. And I LOATHE the fact that because of no parties and the influx of new players I have to play games where I am the punching bag and the opposing team is loving it.I'd also love to point out how POINTLESS groundslam feels compared to shockwave in solo games. Groundslam was created with teams and teamplay in mind none of which exist at the moment.

Forgive my rant but my frustration has reached peek levels again for today.
    I completely understand you. Yesterday for some reason involved additional frustration for me as well. I usually queue up with 5 - 6 people so I at least get some friends on my team. I decided to go solo, or with only 2 friends, and ended up alone most of the time. Most of the rant I heard on Raidcall yesterday involved people saying how much better it will be when we can queue as a team again. Anyways get your ass on Raidcall and add me to Steam (if I don't add you first).

Some people are past the "exploring and basic knowledge/skills" and have transitioned into having proper teamwork, tactics and "big plays" which makes the inability to queue as a team ridiculously frustrating. When we git 3/4 players from Raidcall we had an absolute blast!
    Last edited by Wobbley; 5th Mar 2014 at 08:28.

Originally Posted by Wobbley
    I completely understand you. Yesterday for some reason involved additional frustration for me as well. I usually queue up with 5 - 6 people so I at least get some friends on my team. I decided to go solo, or with only 2 friends, and ended up alone most of the time. Most of the rant I heard on Raidcall yesterday involved people saying how much better it will be when we can queue as a team again. Anyways get your ass on Raidcall and add me to Steam (if I don't add you first).

Some people are past the "exploring and basic knowledge/skills" and have transitioned into having proper teamwork, tactics and "big plays" which makes the inability to queue as a team ridiculously frustrating. When we git 3/4 players from Raidcall we had an absolute blast!
    Agreed. What I really feel the game needs right now, above everything else, is the ability to queue as a team (and actually end up playing on the same team). This is supposed to be a team game, yet we can't even team up with our friends. Additionally, it's difficult to assess balance without playing as proper teams, as while some abilities might seem to strong with uncoordinated teams, they may be fine or even weak against teams using VoIP and proper tactics.
    IGN: Aquilus

Agreed, we need to be able to form teams in a team game.

Originally Posted by Boreaquis
    Agreed. What I really feel the game needs right now, above everything else, is the ability to queue as a team (and actually end up playing on the same team). This is supposed to be a team game, yet we can't even team up with our friends. Additionally, it's difficult to assess balance without playing as proper teams, as while some abilities might seem to strong with uncoordinated teams, they may be fine or even weak against teams using VoIP and proper tactics.
    The Invite/Join button will start working again probably when player base gets bigger. It worked fine during the first periods of Alpha. The same system will be in again.

The option to first create your team and then to Queue has been suggested I guess a while back in alpha and is a very good one. keep bringing this up this needs to be in the game

Originally Posted by hirukaru
    The Invite/Join button will start working again probably when player base gets bigger. It worked fine during the first periods of Alpha. The same system will be in again.

The option to first create your team and then to Queue has been suggested I guess a while back in alpha and is a very good one. keep bringing this up this needs to be in the game
    I kind of imagine that is how it works because of the whole "Party" area being displayed on the initial Play screen. Let's hope they implement it rather soon then later, before the experienced players get tired of playing alone

Originally Posted by Wobbley
    I kind of imagine that is how it works because of the whole "Party" area being displayed on the initial Play screen. Let's hope they implement it rather soon then later, before the experienced players get tired of playing alone
    It will come back no worries. But it is unfair for the less experience players to play in a random team against a full team of "gods"

Originally Posted by cmstache
    Lucky you...I think mines freaking out more than it used too http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=10842

This would be nice

...though I think it can be funny when you're against your friends too...lots of comical banter

But it is unfair for the less experience players to play in a random team against a full team of "gods"
    Think they need to implement something to stop that happening...'cause that's what happened before and it was BAD lol.

But it is unfair for the less experience players to play in a random team against a full team of "gods"
    I think what we need is a team search where it only searches for a team of another four players (like in CS: GO), so this wouldn´t happen.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    I think what we need is a team search where it only searches for a team of another four players (like in CS: GO), so this wouldn´t happen.
    Agree
    For the suggestions list:

So what we have a button for location: US/EU
    A button for: Group play only / Single play only / combined search

And we need a way to say I want to party with my team mates (party invite button)
    And Invite button to just random distrubute
    and Invite Foe button.

Thats alot :P

I'd enjoy an "invite foe" button if I am in a team and want to play against someone specific.

Could u check on my account this , i could only unlock the scout. Could u unlock it for me or i have to do something..?
    nick in game : Tw3Ty' *FL
    - Scout and Sentinel unlock functionality for Alpha testers has now been fixed

Loading please contact support:
    https://support.eu.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=8821

If you where an alpha tester both scout and sentinel should be play able for free.

Originally Posted by iLoading
    Could u check on my account this , i could only unlock the scout. Could u unlock it for me or i have to do something..?
    nick in game : Tw3Ty' *FL
    - Scout and Sentinel unlock functionality for Alpha testers has now been fixed
    Your join date says March 2014, if that's correct you got invited for beta, not alpha, and are not eligible for the free classes.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last