Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Make your own Batman movie

Make your own Batman movie

If you could make a Batman movie, what would it be?

Imagine it: Warner Bros. hires you to write, direct, and produce the next Batman movie (or pick who does it). You can spend as much money as you want, hire whoever you want (actors and all), and do whatever you want. You don't have to worry about any established continuity with Burton/Schumacher/Nolan, or even the comics if you don't want to (but they are all options). What do you do?

Edit: Changed the title of the topic, felt it was accidentally misleading ^^' sorry out there, to anyone who got false hopes...

It'd be called Batman: Light and Darkness. Featuring the Dark Knight, Batman; Firefly, Phosphorus, Superman, Luminus and Parasite/Metallo. I don't know about a storyline though.
    Happiness is an illusion. Suffering is real.

Originally Posted by jvini
    It'd be called Batman: Light and Darkness. Featuring the Dark Knight, Batman; Firefly, Phosphorus, Superman, Luminus and Parasite/Metallo. I don't know about a storyline though.
    Doesn't matter, if the story was them playing go-fish, I'm sure it'd be badda$$ with that cast.

They could screw up anything

Ha ha. I don't know, I was just bored.

A while ago I actually had my own idea about a sequel to The Dark Knight. I don't know if it would ever have worked, but this is pretty much my synopsis for it.

It'd be called Batman Falls. It's a loose adaptation of the comic arcs Knightfall, Dark Victory, Face The Face and Hush.

*spoilers for those who haven't seen TDK, but really, who hasn't by now?*

Harvey Dent survives his fall at the end of TDK and is admitted to Arkham as a secret patient. An extremely skilled surgeon named Thomas Elliot is hired by Bruce Wayne to repair Dent's face, to miraculous results. Thomas is a childhood friend of Bruce's who he hasn't seen for years. Dent undergoes therapy and is reformed, but is deeply traumatized and depressed by Rachel's death and his own actions. He rekindles with Bruce to mourn Rachel with him and seek comfort in their friendship, gradually through which it is revealed that Harvey has had underlying mental issues prior to his scarring due to a dark past, abused as a child by a father he hates.

A new, mysterious villain, a masked giant who calls himself Bane, escapes a prison he has been sentenced to life to from Spain. Bane relies on a potent new form of steroid he calls Venom that has very few negative side effects and makes him much stronger than normal steroids would. He has been there his whole life, honing his body to mental and physical perfection. He hears word of Batman and associates it with childhood nightmares of a demonic bat creature that has been haunting him, and believes he'd seek inner peace by breaking Batman.

Harvey Dent secretly spends some of his time seeking out Batman, and once he finally gets contact, the reformed Harvey Dent explains that he still feels guilty for the crimes he committed as Two-Face and feels compelled to go the extra mile for true atonement. Batman agrees to (anonymously) train Dent in secret should he ever need a replacement as Batman, giving him as much of his skills as he can over the course of an intense month.

Bane makes his way to Gotham and blows up a large part of Arkham Asylum, releasing Joker, Scarecrow, Falcone and other inmates. Batman spends three months rounding them all up and is exhausted. During this time Bane is able to deduce Batman's secret identity, ambushing him with henchman at Wayne Manor, going as far as threatening Alfred's life. Nonetheless, Batman's energy has been used too much for him to prevail, and Bane breaks Batman's back, crippling him.

Bane, victorious, leaves Batman to die in agony, as Bruce and Alfred work to cover up the story behind Bruce's paralysis by feigning a car wreck. Thomas Elliot starts treating Bruce's injuries, rekindling childhood memories with him in the process. Now that Bruce is unable to continue being Batman, he starts focusing just a bit more on other aspects of his life, becoming friends with environmentalist Pamela Isley and animal rights activist Selina Kyle, starting to kindle a romantic endeavor in the latter. For the rest of the time he has, he (still anonymously) aids Harvey Dent in taking up the mantle as Batman, with a slightly modified costume to help further conceal his secret identity, including a full facemask on his cowl.

Another mysterious new villain, Hush, has seemingly been orchestrating Batman's downfall, and is rising fast in the criminal world with his absence, rivaled only by Bane. Harvey is performing very well as Batman, but Bruce starts to get suspicious when he notices a string of murders, on every holiday, a former associate of Dent's is murdered with two gunshots to the head with dual .22 pistols with the serial number filed off, tape around the gun to ward off fingerprints, and baby bottle nipples as silencers. Furthermore, all of these victims have strange notes in their pockets depicting lost games of hangman.

Hush is competing with Carmine Falcone in the criminal underworld, and starts to get Bane on his side. Bruce is starting to finally recuperate from his back injuries, and is beginning to lose trust in Harvey Dent, saddened by his imagined fall back into lunacy. Soon, the psychological pressure Dent is being given by Bruce and being blackmailed by an anonymous person (Hush) gets to him, and he deliberately scars one half of his face and becomes Two-Face once more. Bruce Wayne resumes being Batman, and has to contend with Hush, Two-Face, and Bane all at once.

That's the most I could remember, there was more to it... I have other ideas for other Batman movies, too.

Awesome. Only one Dent in your storyline; Harvey Dent was supposedly dead after TDK.

Id do Joel Shoemakers Batman Triumphant. Close the Batman Saga once and for all, bring Batman back to his dark roots.
    The #1 Killer Moth Fan Of This Board! (C) all rights reserved.

Originally Posted by DarkKnightReturns
    A while ago I actually had my own idea about a sequel to The Dark Knight. I don't know if it would ever have worked, but this is pretty much my synopsis for it.

It'd be called Batman Falls. It's a loose adaptation of the comic arcs Knightfall, Dark Victory, Face The Face and Hush.

*spoilers for those who haven't seen TDK, but really, who hasn't by now?*

Harvey Dent survives his fall at the end of TDK and is admitted to Arkham as a secret patient. An extremely skilled surgeon named Thomas Elliot is hired by Bruce Wayne to repair Dent's face, to miraculous results. Thomas is a childhood friend of Bruce's who he hasn't seen for years. Dent undergoes therapy and is reformed, but is deeply traumatized and depressed by Rachel's death and his own actions. He rekindles with Bruce to mourn Rachel with him and seek comfort in their friendship, gradually through which it is revealed that Harvey has had underlying mental issues prior to his scarring due to a dark past, abused as a child by a father he hates.

A new, mysterious villain, a masked giant who calls himself Bane, escapes a prison he has been sentenced to life to from Spain. Bane relies on a potent new form of steroid he calls Venom that has very few negative side effects and makes him much stronger than normal steroids would. He has been there his whole life, honing his body to mental and physical perfection. He hears word of Batman and associates it with childhood nightmares of a demonic bat creature that has been haunting him, and believes he'd seek inner peace by breaking Batman.

Harvey Dent secretly spends some of his time seeking out Batman, and once he finally gets contact, the reformed Harvey Dent explains that he still feels guilty for the crimes he committed as Two-Face and feels compelled to go the extra mile for true atonement. Batman agrees to (anonymously) train Dent in secret should he ever need a replacement as Batman, giving him as much of his skills as he can over the course of an intense month.

Bane makes his way to Gotham and blows up a large part of Arkham Asylum, releasing Joker, Scarecrow, Falcone and other inmates. Batman spends three months rounding them all up and is exhausted. During this time Bane is able to deduce Batman's secret identity, ambushing him with henchman at Wayne Manor, going as far as threatening Alfred's life. Nonetheless, Batman's energy has been used too much for him to prevail, and Bane breaks Batman's back, crippling him.

Bane, victorious, leaves Batman to die in agony, as Bruce and Alfred work to cover up the story behind Bruce's paralysis by feigning a car wreck. Thomas Elliot starts treating Bruce's injuries, rekindling childhood memories with him in the process. Now that Bruce is unable to continue being Batman, he starts focusing just a bit more on other aspects of his life, becoming friends with environmentalist Pamela Isley and animal rights activist Selina Kyle, starting to kindle a romantic endeavor in the latter. For the rest of the time he has, he (still anonymously) aids Harvey Dent in taking up the mantle as Batman, with a slightly modified costume to help further conceal his secret identity, including a full facemask on his cowl.

Another mysterious new villain, Hush, has seemingly been orchestrating Batman's downfall, and is rising fast in the criminal world with his absence, rivaled only by Bane. Harvey is performing very well as Batman, but Bruce starts to get suspicious when he notices a string of murders, on every holiday, a former associate of Dent's is murdered with two gunshots to the head with dual .22 pistols with the serial number filed off, tape around the gun to ward off fingerprints, and baby bottle nipples as silencers. Furthermore, all of these victims have strange notes in their pockets depicting lost games of hangman.

Hush is competing with Carmine Falcone in the criminal underworld, and starts to get Bane on his side. Bruce is starting to finally recuperate from his back injuries, and is beginning to lose trust in Harvey Dent, saddened by his imagined fall back into lunacy. Soon, the psychological pressure Dent is being given by Bruce and being blackmailed by an anonymous person (Hush) gets to him, and he deliberately scars one half of his face and becomes Two-Face once more. Bruce Wayne resumes being Batman, and has to contend with Hush, Two-Face, and Bane all at once.

That's the most I could remember, there was more to it... I have other ideas for other Batman movies, too.
    some of these suggestions are from the comics

Awesome. Only one Dent in your storyline; Harvey Dent was supposedly dead after TDK.

Shyamalan: What a twist!

Anyhow i would love to see the Dark Knight Returns movie!
    Director: Zack Snyder
    Batman: Russel Crowe
    Alfred: Adam West
    Robin: Chloe Moretz
    Joker: Mark Hamill
    Superman: Brandon Routh (he actually looks like Superman now!)
    Two-Face: Richard Moll
    Green Arrow: Pierce Brosnan
    James Gordon: Gary Oldman
    Mutant Leader: Vin Diesel
    Selina Kyle: No idea.

Story should follow the comic book for sure! Anyhow my Nolan's Batman 3 idea would be this:

The Caped Crusader

Main Villain: Black Mask (Played by Leonardo Dicaprio)
    Secondady Villain: Killer Croc (Played by Michael Clarke Duncan)

Roman Sionis is the opposite of Bruce Wayne. While both are charming playboys. Siomis company is going to bankrupt and whatnot. Luckily Wayne is there to save the day and buys the company! This ofcourse doesn't go well with Sionis' ego and at the end the company goes down with Sionis because of the failed new chemical perfume products (or whatever he sold lol) So this pretty much makes Wayne the big chief and Roman... Well he's angry!

So Sionis sells his chemicals to thugs for whatnot, while using a Black Mask... He starts feel saver and prefers his new secret identity, and this plays a theme with the movie on Bruce|Batman and Roman|Black Mask where both sides are pretty much getting under control of the other personality. Sionis ofcourse *becomes* Black Mask and this makes Bruce realize how he can't succumb to the monster he created: Batman.

So there goes my thematic idea that plays thruouth the movie, its a simple but in my opinion the effective way of story telling.

I'd also like to see a scene where Bruce and Alfted are talking in the Batcave. This happens early in the movie and while Bruce aint on the Batman costume, he still talks like Batman which causes Alfred to worry and note that to Bruce. This would show how the Batman monster personality is starting to become dominant.

PS. And yeah Killer Croc is the brute strenght that Roman Sionis hires and pretty much a plot device for cool action sequences.

PS2: And this is how Nolan's Killer Croc would look like:

African-American Cannibalist with a skin condition.

Black Mask would make a formidable villain.

Adam west would be a great alfred
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

lol i think we all want the Michael Bay Version of Batman
    An Artist of Artistic Art

Originally Posted by Scarn
    some of these suggestions are from the comics
    That's kind of the whole point in this case, to be faithful to the comics. Ask any dedicated Batman fan who's read their share of good stories from the source material, and I guarantee you there's a good chance they'll say they wish the movies were closer. Sure the movies were great in and of themselves (well, some of them), but a lot of us roll our eyes at things like Michael Keaton's Batman killing people, and Henri Ducard secretly being the true identity of Ra's Al Ghul. The idea I had seemed quite ideal to me because it's both faithful to the comics (albeit in a mixed-bag-of-goodies kind of way) and could fit into continuity for Nolan's movies.

I realize that, but even now it's still open to speculation whether or not he survives. I'd personally rather he does, as Two-Face is a favorite villain of mine and I would hate to have seen him go after such a short appearance, but knowing Nolan's penchant for realism I'm betting he'll keep him dead, especially after going through all the trouble of Gordon giving him a eulogy and whatnot.

Originally Posted by Riddling Artist
    lol i think we all want the Michael Bay Version of Batman
    No, no, NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

@Drazar

Those are really good ideas. I, too, like Brian Azzarello's take on Killer Croc for a potential Nolan film, and Black Mask fits right in. It's funny you mentioned TDKR, that's my favorite Batman story, and I was actually just talking about it today to someone if they ever adapted it. I think Hamill playing live action Joker for once is a genius idea, and I'd never have thought of Adam West being Alfred but now that you say it it makes perfect sense. Snyder is perfect to direct, since, no offense to Nolan, he's a good director and all, but would probably muck up the magic of TDKR with his clinging to realism. Snyder would be faithful to Miller's writing, just like in 300, and Miller himself writing the script would be perfect. I'm not sure if TDKR will ever be adapted, but if it does, I will be very excited. The biggest mystery is the circumstances of it's release. I'm betting one of two things will happen; (1) it will be made a live-action theatrical release, rated PG-13 so the soccer moms don't sue the pants off of Warner Bros. and DC Comics, and then see a director's cut special edition DVD with a solid R-rating, or (2) it will be animated and released direct to video, PG-13/R/NR, give or take.

I don'r know do i wanna see Miller writing TDKR script. His "Year One" movie script was different from the comic, with some nods to All-Star Batman and Robin and with a ridicilous over the top ending.

Originally Posted by Drazar
    I don'r know do i wanna see Miller writing TDKR script. His "Year One" movie script was different from the comic, with some nods to All-Star Batman and Robin and with a ridicilous over the top ending.
    Really? Well, gee, I'd never known that... Perhaps someone could just faithfully adapt the book like they did with Watchmen?

Though I do gotta admit that'd be sort of ironic in a humorous kind of way, imagine Miller's reaction if he got told, "We love your book and want to adapt it, but I'm sorry, you can't write the script!"

Out of curiosity, is there a link for the Year One script anywhere? Now you've gotten me curious.

Speaking of Year One am I the only one who enjoyed Year One better than Batman Begins? I mean, don't get me wrong, Batman Begins was a great movie and I liked it a lot, but I found Year One a lot more engaging and exciting, and more compelling, too.

Watchmen script was written by none other than Solid Snake! He can surely write a Year One script too.

Eh i guess you can find the script via google, but here's a review of it. Which should sum up the differences. I still can't believe the ending Miller did lol. Also ofcourse you enjoy the comic origin more than the movie! Comics can make action and drama scenes so much better than Hollywood budget movies. I still love Batman Begins as a movie, but nothing can grasp the awesomeness of the comics. The Dark Knight does come very close tho with nods to some great Joker comics.

Man, somewhere along the way, Frank Miller really lost his touch, and it makes me sad, a lot. No matter how bad his comics get, or how good other Batman comics get, Year One and TDKR will always be my favorite Batman stories, period. Here's hoping one day Miller will clean up his act and do a turn around and start making quality comics like that again.

Yeah, it's really sad how some movies just don't cater to the comics as much as they should, it'd really make for better stories. I get kind of disgusted at how far away some of them go, I mean, look at Deadpool in X-Men Origins: Wolverine... (shudders)

I actually like All-Star Batman and Robin. I just think people can't accept the idea of Batman actually being a lost soul and being alittle nutty.

Yeah alot of movies have changed the characters too much. The problem really with Wolverine Origins was that noone of the screenplay/script writers we're into Wolverine.. So they literally just made a script for cash. It didn't make things worse when Hugh Jackman claimed the movie was for comic fans... Sure people would now tell me "ooh but hes just an actor! he couldn't effect the movie!" But he *could* have. He was one of the producers for this film. =*( I really don't even wanna think what will happen in Wolverine Origins 2. =(

It's funny tho how Nolan's serie is so hyperrealism that its not Batman.. Yet all the comic loyalty to the story and characters is so goooood. I mean sure Joker wasn't permawhite in the same sense as the comics, but the character was just spot on.

I actually like All-Star Batman and Robin. I just think people can't accept the idea of Batman actually being a lost soul and being alittle nutty.
    There are tiny parts of All-Star that I like, but most of it is just too much for me. The one instance I do remember liking about All-Star is this badass quote; "It's called a compound fracture, rapist. It'll never heal. Not right it won't. Not nearly right." To me it clearly illustrates the fact that Batman choosing not to kill makes him even scarier - he'll beat people within an inch of their life and do just about anything EXCEPT kill them. However other parts of All-Star like the constant "Goddamn Batman" stuff and casual sex with Catwoman and Black Canary and eating rats and smacking Robin just really didn't sit well with me at all.

As for the movies and their deviating from comics, I understand you can't have everything in an adaptation, and that it's good to have a new, original story, but FFS, keep the characters and the basic plot the same AT LEAST, for crying out loud, some movies just totally ruin that (Catwoman, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, etc.). If Zack Snyder started picking up the majority of lesser-known comic books for movies the same way Uwe Boll does for videogame movies (noting that Zack Snyder is 100x better than Uwe Boll) I think comic movies would start to be a lot better in general. They'd be more faithful and more exciting. Plus something about Zack Snyder's unique kind of filmmaking just strikes me as perfect for the casual comic book movie. I personally would love to see him do TDKR, maybe even Ghost Rider, Teen Titans, Punisher, Deadpool, Flash, just about anyone.

I think Nolan's clinging to hyperrealism is a double-edged sword. On one hand, the realism does bring in an extra creepy and thrilling factor, especially the Joker, and it does rake in general audiences who are usually picky about that kind of stuff, but on the other hand it means some aspect of Batman will never come to be as long as Nolan is in charge, such as Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, etc.

Yeah i'm worried that Nolan may leave an impact on Batman movies where everyone does to be hyperealistic. I mean look at John Favreu's Iron Man! It's realistic but it's still a comic book movie. I'm also very very anxious for Kick-Ass! You can check the [NSFW] Red Band trailer here.

Personally i'm happy DC is producing 2-4 DvD movies a year, with Batman: Under the Hood coming out next year. It's a grim dark story and i'm sure you'll love it.

Zack Snyder is kinda fan-favorite for the next Batman director and i think WB knows it. I mean yeah it totally sucked that Watchmen tanked at the box office, but hey Snyder can make a PG-13 movie just fine for Batman and whatnot. Tho the guy has admitted he really wants to do TDKR movie... Gosh i could just cry thinking of the scene where Batman takes the thug to the top of the building and just notes to himself: the scream alone made it worth it.

Yeah i'm worried that Nolan may leave an impact on Batman movies where everyone does to be hyperealistic. I mean look at John Favreu's Iron Man! It's realistic but it's still a comic book movie. I'm also very very anxious for Kick-Ass! You can check the [NSFW] Red Band trailer here.

Personally i'm happy DC is producing 2-4 DvD movies a year, with Batman: Under the Hood coming out next year. It's a grim dark story and i'm sure you'll love it.

Zack Snyder is kinda fan-favorite for the next Batman director and i think WB knows it. I mean yeah it totally sucked that Watchmen tanked at the box office, but hey Snyder can make a PG-13 movie just fine for Batman and whatnot. Tho the guy has admitted he really wants to do TDKR movie... Gosh i could just cry thinking of the scene where Batman takes the thug to the top of the building and just notes to himself: the scream alone made it worth it.
    I've been looking forward to Kick-Ass for a while. It looks hilarious and awesome. I heard it's quite faithful to the comic, too, which I hear is just as awesome.

Under the Hood sounds great. I want to get it ASAP.

I really don't know why so many people hated Watchmen. It was a great movie that faithfully adapted the best comic book of all time. I believe it's heavily underrated.

I really hope Zack Snyder gets to adapt TDKR. I think it'd be even more epic than The Dark Knight.

Watchmen tanked because:

A) too much going on and characters didn't really progress as much as others.
    B) Parents took children to see it because "hey its a superhero movie, how bad can the R rating turn out?"

In the end atleast it got MORE people attracted to the comic book, which is really good. I love the Director's cut version of the movie alot too personally.

Yeah Zack Snyder needs to do TDKR for sure. I love the slow motion fights he does, because they flow *just* like from panel to panel the combat does.

Watchmen tanked because:

A) too much going on and characters didn't really progress as much as others.
    B) Parents took children to see it because "hey its a superhero movie, how bad can the R rating turn out?"

In the end atleast it got MORE people attracted to the comic book, which is really good. I love the Director's cut version of the movie alot too personally.

Yeah Zack Snyder needs to do TDKR for sure. I love the slow motion fights he does, because they flow *just* like from panel to panel the combat does.
    For the record I loved every version of Watchmen I've seen, and I read the book prior to seeing it, which made me appreciate it more. I saw it in theaters three times, and then got the director's cut and saw it a few times, and just recently got the Ultimate Edition for Christmas (3 and a half hours - the director's cut with Tales Of The Black Freighter put in, along with 4 other DVDs containing Under The Hood, special features and the Watchmen Motion Comic)

I meant to say this earlier, but in reply to Iron Man being a realistic superhero movie alongside Nolan's Batfilms, they may be, but the essence of your typical comic book is just about anything but realistic - when it comes to superheroes, anyways. I think people are expecting too much out of seeking realistic entertainment when the whole point is to escape from reality! All the suspension of disbelief in the world can't do you any good if you can't open to your imagination to things like the Last Son of Krytpon being able to fly faster than a speeding bullet or a teenager with a radioactive spider bite swinging on organic webs from his wrists.

I would love a TDKR adaptation by Zack Snyder, but I'm hoping if it ever gets done that they at least have an R-rated director's cut on DVD, TDKR is a very adult comic and they'd be cutting it real close with a PG-13 rating. I think it would be awesome, Watchmen had epic fight scenes, especially the Comedian's death in the beginning. Scenes that would make me tremble in excitement if Snyder did TDKR are
    . Of course, another epic scene would be
    . The whole movie would be full of epic win.

Edit: This is a given, but I really, REALLY hope they get Bryan Tyler to do the soundtrack in the event of TDKR being adapted. He did the wonderful score for Bubba Ho-Tep, which is so good it should have won awards, and makes just about any movie 10x better when you put it to it. Just hearing this piece while thinking of
    brings tears to my eyes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTr3SQtMoRE

Bah humbug on believing Batman could actually beat the snot out of Superman! Gosh i hate the falsehood that "fight" left on the Batman community. Superman is taking the blows being all worried up for his friend when crank ol' Bruce is thinking hes all tough. Bah Humbug!

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last