Page 4 of 4 First First 1234

Thread: Make your own Batman movie

Make your own Batman movie

batmanboy11, that's a pretty cool idea for a movie.

I know this isn't extremely specific and I'm not sure what you guys think, but I'm ready for a movie that truly shows what Batman is made of for once. Too many movies don't show enough of his capabilities and I think general audiences who aren't as into the comics would get really into it if they saw Batman at his best. Have him doing martial arts scenes that are comparable in quality to Tony Jaa movies, show how hauntingly accurate he is at guesswork and getting the scoop on even the most insignificant criminal he's after, make him really good at forensics and detective work, have a couple of intense and scary interrogation scenes, make him mean and badass and brooding like Frank Miller's in Year One and TDKR with the pain tolerance and extreme resourcefulness along with the genius intellect and calculating plans of Jeph Loeb's in Hush. If there was a movie like that I'm betting Batman would be tons more popular.

Originally Posted by DarkKnightReturns
    batmanboy11, that's a pretty cool idea for a movie.

I know this isn't extremely specific and I'm not sure what you guys think, but I'm ready for a movie that truly shows what Batman is made of for once. Too many movies don't show enough of his capabilities and I think general audiences who aren't as into the comics would get really into it if they saw Batman at his best. Have him doing martial arts scenes that are comparable in quality to Tony Jaa movies, show how hauntingly accurate he is at guesswork and getting the scoop on even the most insignificant criminal he's after, make him really good at forensics and detective work, have a couple of intense and scary interrogation scenes, make him mean and badass and brooding like Frank Miller's in Year One and TDKR with the pain tolerance and extreme resourcefulness along with the genius intellect and calculating plans of Jeph Loeb's in Hush. If there was a movie like that I'm betting Batman would be tons more popular.
    The Nolan movies seem to be heading that way so maybe the next one will reach that level (crosses fingers).
    Originally Posted by Batman
    If detective work were easy... everyone would be doing it.
    Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Was that... humor? Now I AM worried about you.

Originally Posted by batmanboy11
    The Nolan movies seem to be heading that way so maybe the next one will reach that level (crosses fingers).
    I don't know. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the Nolan movies, but I think they've really majorly undermined Batman, at least in terms of capabilities. However it is also true that the Batman depicted in these films is still fresh starting out in his war on crime, and the extent of his training that they showed was merely the League Of Shadows (and some prior martial arts classes as hinted at in the beginning fight scene in the jail in Batman Begins). Still, it's kind of embarrassing to think that he could be taken down by just some aggressive dogs, or crashing the Batpod...

The Batman I've always wanted to see on film but never have is the kind that makes you think; anything you can do, he can do better. And if he can't, he finds a way around it. He won't kill, but isn't afraid to beat one within an inch of their lives and perhaps even give them permanent injuries or disfigurements. He knows people better than they know themselves. He's just as terrifying as he is efficient. The closest anyone has ever come to that is Michael Keaton, and even as good as he was he STILL didn't get it right. (However I am tempted to mention Kevin Conroy is my favorite Batman actor of all time...) Batman is supposed to be terrifying. So why don't the movies do a good job at making it that way?

genius intellect and calculating plans of Jeph Loeb's in Hush. If there was a movie like that I'm betting Batman would be tons more popular.

Originally Posted by Drazar
    You might be giggling over that fight with Superman (which was damn awesome, but you might disagree and think it's illogical) and that he got his head cracked early on, but for a lot of the other parts in it he was being pretty damn smart IMO.

Now i'm giggling over the idea of you believing Jeph Loeb writes a smart Batman. Nothing to do with the unnecessary scenes with Superman and Ras' al Ghul.

Originally Posted by Drazar
    Now i'm giggling over the idea of you believing Jeph Loeb writes a smart Batman. Nothing to do with the unnecessary scenes with Superman and Ras' al Ghul.

- Being able to tap morse code with a skull injury
    - Designing/programming all those defense mechanisms in his cowl
    - Being able to get all sorts of information on different criminals by himself (like knowing that that one guy had three broken ribs)
    - Defeating Superman (Lex Luthor has a pretty hard time doing that and he's considered quite smart)

I'm pretty sure you gotta be quite smart to be able to do things like that...

- Being able to tap morse code with a skull injury
    Yet all these years he never had a backup plan if someone cut his batrope while swinging? This isn't a novice Batman but Batman on his prime.
    - Designing/programming all those defense mechanisms in his cowl
    Yes technology sure is handy.
    - Being able to get all sorts of information on different criminals by himself (like knowing that that one guy had three broken ribs)
    Rorschach was here first. Nothing new here.
    - Defeating Superman (Lex Luthor has a pretty hard time doing that and he's considered quite smart)
    Do you know what Defeat means? Do you actually think they we're actually fightning? Read the damn book even tho it's a waste. Batman shatters his fists to buy Catwoman time to punch him. To make sure Superman can get *saved* from Ivy's mind control. Batman even says "he can't be stopped but he can be stunned". He's perfectly aware he can't defeat Superman which any Bat-fan should be aware of, but no the fanbase just cries and thinks Batman can do something like that, which is part of what i dislike about comic book fans in general.

So yeah Batman *SAVED* Superman. Defeat would imply Superman lost to a fight, but how can you say it's Superman when he was being mind controlled? I mean Superman even THANKS Batman. He's not thanking for getting beaten up, he's thanking Batman for being a friend and using the kryptonite ring he gave to Batman for the *sole* reason of stopping Superman from hurting civillians and so on if someone ever took control of him.

Sheesh how did you miss this out?
    I'm pretty sure you gotta be quite smart to be able to do things like that...
    So why didn't Bruce figure out about:
    - Hush being you know who at the very start? It's so obvious it's not even funny.
    - Not checking Elliot's "body"

You know the plotholes and why Loeb's Batman just is pure fan fiction isn't even worth discussing almost. Ras' al Ghul, Catwoman and Superman served almost no value to the story outside Catwoman finding out who Bruce was finally, but Supes and Ras'? It had no value to the story outside Jim Lee drawing them. Just don't get me started on why Hush is a horrible villain until Paul Dini got his hands on him.

Batman Knight of the Night

Batman Knight of the Night is set between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. It continues the Nolan trilogy with the all the main cast as their respective roles. Also introducing The Riddler played by Sam Rockwell (you know Iron Man 2) and a CGI Killer Croc voiced by Steve Blum (Arkham Asylum/City voice of Croc).
    The general idea is that Edward Nigma (The Riddler) gets tired of being treated like a second class citizen at his job as a Conservative back bencher and one night in fury he kills his employer leaving a couple of riddles to show his "superior" intelligence to his co workers. Nigma goes home in a blaze of anger and begins creating his new uniform. The new Riddler suit differs from the older one in that it's more of a mixture of light gray and olive green clothing and a gray bowler hat with a question mark engraved in it. After a series of crimes is committed by Riddler Batman comes in on scene and eventually causes Riddler to hide in an old sewer. Here he meets Killer Croc who was once a pet of a young boy but he was flushed down the toilet as a baby. Because of all the pollution and dangerous chemicals being poured into the sewers he grew to be 7 feet tall and learned to talk. Riddler negotiates with him and they agree to talk over Gotham together. Riddler with Brains and Croc with Brawn.
    Things become bleaker in Gotham and will Batman be able to save Gotham before it's too late?..

Probably yeah.
    Let me know what you guys think and reply if you have any questions or stuff.

Live-Action 'The Dark Knight Returns'
    Why? So I can cast David Bowie as Joker.

Tell me he wouldn't be perfect.

A David Fincher directed Batman murder mystery with James Franco or Michael Sheen as the Joker that's Rated R.

Page 4 of 4 First First 1234