Thread: Make your own Batman movie

Make your own Batman movie

Originally Posted by jvini
    Who knows? They did it in the comics, so maybe in the near future, they'll make it happen.
    Implying Warner Brothers and Disney would work together for a movie and share the profits.

Who knows? They did it in the comics, so maybe in the near future, they'll make it happen. Joker and Carnage probably have to be a must. Venom, too.
    Yes they did do it in the comics, but that was in the early 90's (can't remember when the second one with Kingpin and Ra's Al Ghul came out).

Joker and Carnage would be awesome, except (1) people are going to be hesitant to recast the Joker for a while after Ledger's death (even though given the history of Batman it's perfectly natural and inevitable for someone else to eventually play Joker in live-action, but God help that person for the pressure they're going to get from fans), and (2) they'd try to find a way to pick up Carnage after the mess that was Venom's storyline in SM3 and it'd be hard to portray him right without making the movie R, which the soccer moms would have a fit about and would lose Warner Bros./DC/Marvel/Disney//Columbia a lot of money.

I'm not trying to be a pessimist, it's just given how rarely Marvel and DC actually work together on something logically the chances look slim.

They'd probably try to find a way to make it fit with established movie continuity, which would feel like an awkward transition given Nolan's films are all about realism when the Spider-Man films freely indulge in fantasy. I just hope that if they ever do it they don't do it solely for the purpose of making it be an exploit cash cow, Spider-Man and Batman are both great characters with lots of potential for great stories together, as superheroes they have the deepest and most engaging stories than any other individual character in the comic medium I can name. I'm not sure what the chances are of that either, but I'm hoping they'd at least somehow try to handle it carefully.

The best bet probably would be a joint collab between Marvel and DC to release an animated feature based on the first Batman and Spider-Man comic (perhaps with a bit more story thrown in, or even a completely brand new story with the same villains thrown in) since that one was indeed a great comic, but seemed to be more action than substance.

This reminds me of a particular mistake someone made a long time ago, way back in 2005 EA had the rights to Marvel AND DC, since they were already making plenty of DC games at the time (some of them movie based) and had just acquired a deal to make Marvel Nemesis. Those of you who played that game may have noticed that they substituted nearly half of the playable characters with their own original brand new characters, who mostly sucked... Which begs the question, WHY DID THEY NOT USE THEIR ACCESS TO DC RIGHTS TO MAKE A MARVEL VS DC GAME?!? I mean, seriously! Marvel Nemesis was a very fun game and all, but it would've been SO much cooler if they had the other half of the cast being DC characters!!! Comic fans everywhere would keep playing it for YEARS!!! I mean didn't it slip the workers at EA's minds even ONCE somewhere in a boardroom meeting or something that they could try this thing?!? Freaking heck, that's so obvious potential for both a good game and good sales that even Helen Keller would have greenlit it if she was in a coma!!!

Originally Posted by Drazar
    Implying Warner Brothers and Disney would work together for a movie and share the profits.
    The Music Meister could star as the villain,and Batman and emo parker could have a dance off.
    signature image

Originally Posted by batfan08
    The Music Meister could star as the villain,and Batman and emo parker could have a dance off.
    I really hate to sound like I'm being a jerk, but it ticks me off a lot when people base their opinion on the Spider-Man films just on the third installment. The first two were masterpieces in the superhero medium. The third tried to do too much all in one movie and had too many changes because Sony got their hands on creative control and tried to please the Venom fanboys and diminish the faithfulness to the comics. In fact until Batman Begins came out Spider-Man 2 was widely regarded as the best superhero movie ever. Above Batman '89, even.

Ah don't worry with the jokes. It's like the Batnipples and Bat credit cards hehe. Personally my only real peoblem with Raimi is that the villains never really went they we're evil truly. Goblin was nuts because of the goblin-serum/gas. Doctor Octopus because of the machine on his back and Sandman because his daughter being ill gave him an excuse and yeah worst of all Venom. >_<

Spider-Man 1 is still a very awesome movie, i just personally didn't like the 2nd either even tho it is #1 rated superhero movie alongside the Dark Knight in Rotten Tomatoes meter. Each for their own as they say!

I can't wait for Spider-Man 4 and Batman 3! (20,001th time I've said it in my head. )
    Happiness is an illusion. Suffering is real.

I think it'd be ironic if Depp was Riddler,considering that Christian Bale shot him in the head already.

[editor's note:See Public Enemies
    -B]
    signature image

Public Enemies was good. But I think it could've been better.

If Mysterio is gonna be a villain in any of the Spider-Man movies. I hope they go with the Ultimate design:

Not that i have anything againts the Fish bowl, but i just find this so much cooler.

Ah don't worry with the jokes. It's like the Batnipples and Bat credit cards hehe. Personally my only real peoblem with Raimi is that the villains never really went they we're evil truly. Goblin was nuts because of the goblin-serum/gas. Doctor Octopus because of the machine on his back and Sandman because his daughter being ill gave him an excuse and yeah worst of all Venom. >_<
    Well I think the Spider-Man movies are something that you kind of have to backtrack on and try to look at in a different light in order to truly appreciate. Truly some parts of are *a tad* lightened up for kids to be able to see it alright, but there are still plenty of dark moments like
    . Sadly they totally screwed up Venom, true, but I think it's worth noting that they were going for tragic villains, Dr. Octopus was never really portrayed in that light before, you gotta remember that
    Sandman, obviously, was pretty different from his comic incarnation, but I still think it was nice that they at least *tried* to make him more appealing somehow.

Spider-Man 1 is still a very awesome movie, i just personally didn't like the 2nd either even tho it is #1 rated superhero movie alongside the Dark Knight in Rotten Tomatoes meter. Each for their own as they say!
    I'm not trying to bag on you, but could you explain why you didn't like Spider-Man 2? I'm just curious. I personally liked it a lot, it's my favorite out of the Spider-Man movies, it improved on the first every way, and it's pretty seldom that sequels are actually better. If you weren't impressed with it, I recommend that sometime you rent Spider-Man 2.1, it's an unrated director's cut that's only 8 minutes longer but it actually makes a pretty big difference.

I think Ultimate Mysterio would look cool, too. I personally prefer his classic look, just for the movies anyhow, but I still like Ultimate Mysterio a lot. Some villains, admittedly, would look much better in their Ultimate incarnation in the movies (for example, definitely Electro). I myself was glad they went with a new look for Dr. Octopus in Spider-Man 2, it made him much less silly looking and it was easy to take him a lot more seriously.

In my opinion, I think Spider-Man 3 could have been a better movie if they didn't try to do so much. For one, Sony seized creative control from Raimi, and tried to please the Venom fans with a last-minute half-assed inclusion, and they strayed too far from the comics, and spent a lot of money on special effects when they could have done more in other places. However, I did kind of enjoy it, though I admit it was a little overwhelming that they crammed so many storylines into one movie and just didn't allow it to breathe, though I DID really like
    I'm hoping Raimi gets creative control back for the 4th movies and any other ones to follow, I think as long as he's allowed to take back the wheel he has the potential to make a follow-up with the quality of Spider-Man 2.

You know i have to wonder myself. Why dont i like Spider-Man 2? I guess i felt it was too much the same as the 1st movie, i don't have that personal attachment towards the movie. I mean it's not a bad movie in no means, i just felt it was the same plot almost.

Indeed Spider-Man 3 would have been so much better if Venom wasn't forced there. They should have just builded up Venom for the 4th movie instead of just forcing him in as a villain. >_> One of the problems with adding Venom to spidey' movies is that they take the mainstream origin... Which i feel is as bad as "Hush" comic villain. Ultimate Venom had his origin expanded and thus it was much better, and Hush got some backstory created on "Heart of Hush" story. It's just that people take some villains "cool" simply because of the design and not the background and whatnot whatnot.

Anyhow whats your thoughts for a Batman Beyond movie?

You know i have to wonder myself. Why dont i like Spider-Man 2? I guess i felt it was too much the same as the 1st movie, i don't have that personal attachment towards the movie. I mean it's not a bad movie in no means, i just felt it was the same plot almost.

Indeed Spider-Man 3 would have been so much better if Venom wasn't forced there. They should have just builded up Venom for the 4th movie instead of just forcing him in as a villain. >_> One of the problems with adding Venom to spidey' movies is that they take the mainstream origin... Which i feel is as bad as "Hush" comic villain. Ultimate Venom had his origin expanded and thus it was much better, and Hush got some backstory created on "Heart of Hush" story. It's just that people take some villains "cool" simply because of the design and not the background and whatnot whatnot.

Anyhow whats your thoughts for a Batman Beyond movie?
    I guess I can agree with you there, Spider-Man 2 did feel a lot like the first movie, but I think they added enough new stuff to make it really good. For one, the fight scenes were a lot more impressive, and they kind of took Peter in a full 180 from the first movie, at first so ready to embrace his being a superhero and then in the second movie questioning whether or not it's right or if he can even handle it (I'm positive it's pure coincidence but I think it's worth nothing that Batman had this same particular experience in The Dark Knight). There's a whole bunch of other things but if I rambled on forever then that'd take up the whole topic...

I think a Batman Beyond movie would work well if it was done right. I liked Batman Beyond: Return Of The Joker a lot, but I guess if they were going to make it live action they'd be careful about how they were going to do it, it'd probably end up feeling like some sci-fi movie, which really isn't too bad if they do it right.

I thought a little more on a Dark Knight Returns movie today, and I imagined that to keep in consistency with Batman's movie history I'm betting they'll change the costumes again, they even did that in Watchmen for some of the characters, at first I was a little unsure at the thought but I think the costumes they picked for the Watchmen movie actually work better for live action than the book ones probably would have done. So I think seeing an all-black suited Batman in a TDKR movie wouldn't be too bad. I'm also sure they'll give The Joker Heath Ledger's likeliness (at least physically) since his take is so popular, and I'm not sure how they'd change the look of the other characters. Something tells me they'd probably fit Carrie Kelley in a full black and red body suit with the only yellow being on the underside of her cape and her symbol.

I wouldn't mind a good Batman sci-fi flick. Just look what JJ Abrams did with Star Trek. <3

Yeah the costume in TDKR would be abit more realistic just like in The Dark Knight, but i don't wanna see Joker sporting the glasglow smile even if it would be just the make up. Heath's Joker may be a pop culture icon right now, but Nolan's Joker was his take on the Joker. let the others do their own.

Originally Posted by batfan08
    I think it'd be ironic if Depp was Riddler,considering that Christian Bale shot him in the head already.

[editor's note:See Public Enemies
    -B]
    Thanks for the spoiler
    Whatever happened to the American dream? It came true, you're looking at it .

I'm fomulating an idea now and will post again once I get a breif summary of a full-length movie written.
    Originally Posted by Batman
    If detective work were easy... everyone would be doing it.
    Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Was that... humor? Now I AM worried about you.

Sorry for sounding off-topic, but am I the only one who is upset at the Spider-Man reboot?

At first I was furious when I heard the news, but now I look at it with mixed feelings. On one hand, Spider-Man 1 and 2 (to me) were great, I couldn't think of any ways to improve them except for really minor nitpicks (mostly with the first one, loved everything about the second), Spider-Man 3 may not have been as good but I think Raimi and Maguire deserved a shot at a 4th film to pick things back up and improve them, it was mainly Sony's crap about seizing creative control that made SM3 bad at all.

I'm upset at the thought of Disney backing the reboot, they've never been my favorite distributor for live-action movies. However they made it seem as if Peter would remain a teenage high schooler for all of the first film in the reboot, which I kind of admire, it's one of the reasons I like Ultimate Spider-Man. No idea how the reboot will turn out, it could be good or bad, I guess it depends on who's working on it. I hope they do stories like The Night Gwen Stacy died and bring back some good villains like Green Goblin and Dr. Octopus. If they make sequels it'd be good to give Venom a proper movie where Spider-Man spends half of it in the black suit and the other half is giving Venom his debut and a good window to be a good antagonist. But that's just me.

I'd also love for Carnage to show up eventually, but I bet Disney won't have that...

African-American Cannibalist with a skin condition.

Hey, that's good! What comic is this from?
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    "You can't be disgusted by spiderwebs! You're Batman!"

Originally Posted by E.Nygma
    Hey, that's good! What comic is this from?
    Joker, written by Brian Azzarello and drawn by Lee Bermejo.

Originally Posted by The Comedian
    Thanks for the spoiler
    Also a spoiler: The boat sinks at the end of Titanic.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

Originally Posted by DarkKnightReturns
    Sorry for sounding off-topic, but am I the only one who is upset at the Spider-Man reboot?

At first I was furious when I heard the news, but now I look at it with mixed feelings. On one hand, Spider-Man 1 and 2 (to me) were great, I couldn't think of any ways to improve them except for really minor nitpicks (mostly with the first one, loved everything about the second), Spider-Man 3 may not have been as good but I think Raimi and Maguire deserved a shot at a 4th film to pick things back up and improve them, it was mainly Sony's crap about seizing creative control that made SM3 bad at all.

I'm upset at the thought of Disney backing the reboot, they've never been my favorite distributor for live-action movies. However they made it seem as if Peter would remain a teenage high schooler for all of the first film in the reboot, which I kind of admire, it's one of the reasons I like Ultimate Spider-Man. No idea how the reboot will turn out, it could be good or bad, I guess it depends on who's working on it. I hope they do stories like The Night Gwen Stacy died and bring back some good villains like Green Goblin and Dr. Octopus. If they make sequels it'd be good to give Venom a proper movie where Spider-Man spends half of it in the black suit and the other half is giving Venom his debut and a good window to be a good antagonist. But that's just me.

I'd also love for Carnage to show up eventually, but I bet Disney won't have that...
    Yes Spider-Man 1 and 2 were great and the third sucked and they could have redemed themselves but rebooting it could fix a lot of the problems the original triology had, like killing three damn good villians.

Anyway, back on topic, my idea for a third film in the Nolan series:

The Dark Knight Returns (nothing to do with Miller’s series of the same name, I’m just too lazy to come up with an original title)
    I would like to see a new Batmobile, maybe a Batsuit and definitely the new Wayne Manor/ Batcave
    Set roughly six months after The Dark Knight Batman has to evade the police while trying to stop new players (the penguin and black mask) taking over crime in Gotham City in the absence of Gotham’s Mob bosses (they aren’t working together). Also a new DA is crusading against Batman. Black Mask is much like he is in the comics, with Wayne Enterprises buying out his company early on and then he resorts to crime for money. Penguin owns the nightclub “Iceberg Lounge” (which has just opened recently) and has henchmen stealing diamonds and paintings for the “Iceberg Lounge” and to keep for him self. If comparing the villain setup to The Dark Knight, Black Mask would have a big role like Joker, Penguin a role like Two Face and Zsasz a role like Scarecrow. Zsasz appears about halfway through the movie trying to kill the new DA and Batman saves him which eventually leads to Gotham trusting Batman again. A detective in the GCPD looks into the murders that were blamed on Batman and eventually is able to figure out that it was Two Face so Batman’s reputation is cleared but they are forced to release the criminals. However Joker and Two Face have already killed the three main mob bosses so Gotham is still without the mob but the criminals are back on the streets. Batman eventually traces the robberies back to the Penguin and after his name is cleared the GCPD find the stolen items in the iceberg lounge and the Penguin’s apartment and he is sent to prison. Batman defeats Black Mask at the end of the film. No villians die.

Cast:
    Batman/Bruce Wayne: Christian Bale
    James Gordon: Gary Oldman
    Alfred Pennyworth: Michael Cane
    Lucius Fox: Morgan Freeman
    New District Attorney: Leonardo Dicaprio
    Roman Sionis/ Black Mask: Jason O'Mara (only wears the mask, it doesn’t get fused to his face)
    The Penguin/ Oswald Cobblepot: Phillip Seymour Hoffman (just a fat weird looking man like the comics)
    Victor Zsasz: Tim Booth, the actor that portrayed him in Batman Begins (only a cameo role)

I know it may sound like crap but if a profesional wrote a script based on that I think that would make a good movie. Feel free to tell me it's crap.

Originally Posted by batmanboy11
    Yes Spider-Man 1 and 2 were great and the third sucked and they could have redemed themselves but rebooting it could fix a lot of the problems the original triology had, like killing three damn good villians.

Anyway, back on topic, my idea for a third film in the Nolan series:

The Dark Knight Returns (nothing to do with Miller’s series of the same name, I’m just too lazy to come up with an original title)
    I would like to see a new Batmobile, maybe a Batsuit and definitely the new Wayne Manor/ Batcave
    Set roughly six months after The Dark Knight Batman has to evade the police while trying to stop new players (the penguin and black mask) taking over crime in Gotham City in the absence of Gotham’s Mob bosses (they aren’t working together). Also a new DA is crusading against Batman. Black Mask is much like he is in the comics, with Wayne Enterprises buying out his company early on and then he resorts to crime for money. Penguin owns the nightclub “Iceberg Lounge” (which has just opened recently) and has henchmen stealing diamonds and paintings for the “Iceberg Lounge” and to keep for him self. If comparing the villain setup to The Dark Knight, Black Mask would have a big role like Joker, Penguin a role like Two Face and Zsasz a role like Scarecrow. Zsasz appears about halfway through the movie trying to kill the new DA and Batman saves him which eventually leads to Gotham trusting Batman again. A detective in the GCPD looks into the murders that were blamed on Batman and eventually is able to figure out that it was Two Face so Batman’s reputation is cleared but they are forced to release the criminals. However Joker and Two Face have already killed the three main mob bosses so Gotham is still without the mob but the criminals are back on the streets. Batman eventually traces the robberies back to the Penguin and after his name is cleared the GCPD find the stolen items in the iceberg lounge and the Penguin’s apartment and he is sent to prison. Batman defeats Black Mask at the end of the film. No villians die.

Cast:
    Roman Sionis/ Black Mask: Jason O'Mara (only wears the mask, it doesn’t get fused to his face)
    The Penguin/ Oswald Cobblepot: Phillip Seymour Hoffman (just a fat weird looking man like the comics)
    Victor Zsasz: Tim Booth, the actor that portrayed him in Batman Begins (only a cameo role)

I know it may sound like crap but if a profesional wrote a script based on that I think that would make a good movie. Feel free to tell me it's crap.

Originally Posted by batmanboy11
    Set roughly six months after The Dark Knight Batman has to evade the police while trying to stop new players (the penguin and black mask) taking over crime in Gotham City in the absence of Gotham’s Mob bosses (they aren’t working together). Also a new DA is crusading against Batman. Black Mask is much like he is in the comics, with Wayne Enterprises buying out his company early on and then he resorts to crime for money. Penguin owns the nightclub “Iceberg Lounge” (which has just opened recently) and has henchmen stealing diamonds and paintings for the “Iceberg Lounge” and to keep for him self. If comparing the villain setup to The Dark Knight, Black Mask would have a big role like Joker, Penguin a role like Two Face and Zsasz a role like Scarecrow. Zsasz appears about halfway through the movie trying to kill the new DA and Batman saves him which eventually leads to Gotham trusting Batman again. A detective in the GCPD looks into the murders that were blamed on Batman and eventually is able to figure out that it was Two Face so Batman’s reputation is cleared but they are forced to release the criminals. However Joker and Two Face have already killed the three main mob bosses so Gotham is still without the mob but the criminals are back on the streets. Batman defeats Black Mask at the end of the film.

Cast:

It's CRAP. No, I actually like it. Great job.

No villians die.
    Yep. It's a shame Two-Face died. He was one of my favorites.

Penguin gets sent to prison.
    Shouldn't he be in Arkham? I know he doesn't look quite insane to me, like the Joker but... I thought he was insane, actually. But that's not really important; Just throwing that out there.

IMAGINE a different actor as Batman. (As a matter of fact, I'm going to go right ahead and make a thread out of it...)

Exclamation

Shouldn't he be in Arkham? I know he doesn't look quite insane to me, like the Joker but... I thought he was insane, actually. But that's not really important; Just throwing that out there.

In my version he is sane but I guess you could argue he's crazy.

Oh, alright. I honestly don't care. I prefer Penguin to be sane, because he doesn't fit the insanity category like Joker does. At least he can be in prison/Blackgate Facility with Mr Freeze & Killer Croc or something.

Page 3 of 4 First First 1234 Last