Thread: Game won't start on Windows 7 - event id 1000

Game won't start on Windows 7 - event id 1000

Thumbs Down Game won't start on Windows 7 - event id 1000

Hi

I can't run Kane and Lynch on Windows 7. In event log I can find something like this:

Faulting application name: Launcher.exe_MCELauncher Application, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x472204e0
    Faulting module name: Launcher.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x472204e0
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0004891f
    Faulting process id: 0x126c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ca88111807e0fd
    Faulting application path: G:\Gry\Kane\Launcher.exe
    Faulting module path: G:\Gry\Kane\Launcher.exe
    Report Id: 56fc69a4-f404-11de-a76a-00226bdd3439

Anyone had something like this and can help?

Big Grin Ultimate Solution For Kane & Lynch Windows 7 Problem

I tried all the possible Compatibility Mode possibilities, Windows XP, SP2, SP3, Vista, etc... tried different Nvidia drivers, updated, DirectX, updated OpenAL file... no go.
    If you really what to play this game, which I think is pretty kick ass I recommend doing a dual boot with Windows XP... even after you've already got Windows 7 already installed.
    Check out my G: drive in this pic:

That's where my Windows XP resides. It currently takes up about 12 GB of the 25 I've allocated.
    I used the shrink volume thing in Windows 7 to free up 25 GB on my D: drive.
    From there I quickly searched for and found EasyBCD which is what I need to do this dual boot. There site is here;
    http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBC...mentation+Home
    After I had Easy BCD on hand I rebooted with XP in my CD drive and away I went with the install of XP.
    I did end up using a Windows 7 disk to boot from and repair the boot menu option then after a successful bootup of Windows 7, I used Easy BCD to fix the boot menu with XP.

You better be sure you're confident about dual boots and installing OSs and not freak out if you're only able to boot XP as I did and almost lost it.
    Make sure you have Easy BCD on an accessible drive within XP and you should be okay. Make sure you have your network drivers for XP so you can search things if needed. At boot time, I've selected 5 seconds to display my choice of Windows 7 and Windows XP.

For reference, I've got a Toshiba laptop running an Nvidia 8700M GT which I had to specifically select the drivers under the Hardware Update Wizard as the Nvidia installer said it found no compatible hardware for some reason. My processor is a 1.83 Ghz Core2 Duo with 3 GB of RAM as I'm using 32 bit XP.

This game runs beautifully with no glitches or any other BS!!!

Any other problems, I'd be glad to assist you if you make a deal to play me this game online... ... There aren't many online sessions and I need to unlock all achievements darn it!