Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Legacy of kain -=remake=-

raziel's return

You my friend would be entering daikatana & duke nukem forever territory by waiting so long.Just the fact you could blurt out "Atleast 8yrs" release date is a immediate FAIL !
    P.S.Oh 1 other game that had a long production time was gran turismo 5 & imho when compared to the advancements Forza 2,3,4 made in that time frame make GT5 a petrolheads Fail.Yeah it's a good game if it was 2003/4 but it had so many bugs, lossy UI, dumb color collecting scheme, useless track editor, Only 200 premium cockpit models, too many same model japanese cars, rain effect leaves a ugly pixelized halo around car, bad textures throughout the game...etc...etc.
    Mind you i still like to play it & it's being updated with fixes often but it's initial release condition was a JOKE.[/QUOTE]

no, you misunderstood.
    If I could do something about it, I wouldn't be able to start the project until at least 4 years from now. then it would be 8 yrs total or so to finish the project.
    I think vgames are taking less n less time to finish as the time goes by, but 4 yrs is the usual time frame. if it can be done in less, well, great.

it takes a lot of work, a business plan, a good way to make a comeback tot he series, a lot of money into it, planning, ppl for it.
    its not easy.

Why would you wait four years to start the project? Rereading things, are you saying you'd want them to mill over ideas for it for four years first? That's a lot of time. Huge. If a company can't get the idea-to-finished-product done in 3-4 years, there's a real problem there. There are only so many meetings you can have about what should be done, and the plan, before you start writing and hashing the story out for real.

Quote Originally Posted by makugx View Post
    I think vgames are taking less n less time to finish as the time goes by, but 4 yrs is the usual time frame. if it can be done in less, well, great.
    you are correct in 1 way>> later on in a consoles life it takes less time to spit out a game since "if" you had already done 1 before you have a better understanding of the console & usually are using the same engine or slightly modified 1.
    Wrong when it comes to a game that's 1st/new in the begining of a consoles life.
    Just try & remember how long games in dev for a ps4/ xbox 720 will take & how long that same dev will take near the end of those console's lives.
    you're prolly right it will take 3 yrs for a great game initially but later on they'll be pumping out every 1-1 1/2 yrs.

Lastly>> we all have seen games that take a Loooong time like 5+yrs but there aren't that many that do so.

ending this

Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    Why would you wait four years to start the project? Rereading things, are you saying you'd want them to mill over ideas for it for four years first? That's a lot of time. Huge. If a company can't get the idea-to-finished-product done in 3-4 years, there's a real problem there. There are only so many meetings you can have about what should be done, and the plan, before you start writing and hashing the story out for real.

UGH. I'm saying that if I can actually dedicate time to this, which is one of my goals, I wouldn't be able to get to it in 4 yrs due to other stuff going on in my personal life.
    THEN in 4 yrs I'll have money and hopefully time to do this.

oogabooga. NO.

I actually didn't notice how old this thread was when I posted. Never mind my earlier post.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123