Page 3 of 10 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: Discuss: Evolved skins

Discuss: Evolved skins

  1. #51
    So, the razielim were disfigured firstly and slowly evolved to be more humanlike?

  2. #52
    Originally Posted by TheMalgot
    So, the razielim were disfigured firstly and slowly evolved to be more humanlike?
    They were disfigured initially due to starvation (similar to what happened to Janos in BO2). As they fed, they started returning slowly to their former noble forms (this is covered in one of the blog entries...can't remember which).

    So, their more human like form has to do with they feeding. What changed in their evolution was mainly the feet and hands, i think.

    Edit:
    "The Razielim came to relish their place on the battlefield – over time, those who fared better in the slaughter would regenerate certain aspects of their once beautiful physical appearance as they drained extra Humans of their life’s blood."
    http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/the-fall...azielim-part-4

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kingston ON, Canada
    Posts
    1,147
    I think all three skins need more of a snarl when they get put in
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,526
    So their clothing is essentially scrap armor lifted off of dead humans and refitted to them because they still aren't allowed the facilities or resources to craft their own. I can buy that but the horns I don't like just because I think they should be reversed with the base at the front and then curving back behind the head like a rams.



    It seems more streamlined or aerodynamic and it would fit attacks like the dive attack a little better.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands (Currently in Finland)
    Posts
    827
    Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    So their clothing is essentially scrap armor lifted off of dead humans and refitted to them because they still aren't allowed the facilities or resources to craft their own. I can buy that but the horns I don't like just because I think they should be reversed with the base at the front and then curving back behind the head like a rams.


    It seems more streamlined or aerodynamic and it would fit attacks like the dive attack a little better.
    How about no horns? The viking helmet that is used as stated before is an celebration artifact.. Vikings never used them in war because of the weight. It was useless also to use the horns to pierce someone because it will just fall off. (This one might have some double sided ducktape in it

  6. #56
    I agree the horned mask is too much. If they must hide the face, ditch the masks entirely and pull the cowl up to where Raziel's was. This would have the added bonus of turning the elder Razielim's execution animation into pretty gnarly SR throwback.

    My other thoughts on the Razielim:

    • Even if they are three-fingered, the hands are too fair / human-like. I'd prefer to see them more similar in size to the elder Dumahim and Turelim.

    • Why oh why this fugly purple scheme on the skin and wings!? For the love of god, shift the hue towards wraith blue. (This also applies to the fledglings.)
    Last edited by gzvirax; 6th Mar 2014 at 00:00.

  7. #57
    The horns seem a bit bulky and awkward, but it feels like an homage to the Nemesis warriors of BO1. It is, at the very least, something that was not unseen before in Nosgoth before.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    980
    Originally Posted by gzvirax
    Why oh why this fugly purple scheme on the skin and wings!? For the love of god, shift the hue towards wraith blue. (This also applies to the fledglings.)
    Why? There was no such colour in Raziel's wings, not until after he was put through the wringer. These characters are still living vampires, very distinct from Raziel the wraith. A paler brown or grey might suit, but no sense in turning them blue.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    3,075
    I agree the horned mask is too much. If they must hide the face, ditch the masks entirely and pull the cowl up to where Raziel's was.
    I think the mask with the tears is a nice touch. Too much for me would be having the cowl the same way as Raziel had.

    Why oh why this fugly purple scheme on the skin and wings!? For the love of god, shift the hue towards wraith blue. (This also applies to the fledglings.)
    Why should it be blue? These are not wraiths, but vampires.

  10. #60
    Originally Posted by Lord_Aevum
    Why? There was no such colour in Raziel's wings, not until after he was put through the wringer. These characters are still living vampires, very distinct from Raziel the wraith. A paler brown or grey might suit, but no sense in turning them blue.
    Not completely wraith blue, but at least more blue than purple.

    That said, while not wraiths, all of these Razielim have already been through the wringer; a slightly more bluish hue would not be surprising given their forced devolution (see lore, specifically here.)

    Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    Why should it be blue? These are not wraiths, but vampires.
    Last edited by gzvirax; 6th Mar 2014 at 00:24.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    980
    It would surprise me, because they haven't been been burned alive for centuries on end in the Lake of the Dead only to return as spectral entities - they instead suffered some accelerated devolution, and have slowly regained their original forms. Janos's wings retained their original colour upon his recovery from the same in BO2, no?
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

  12. #62
    Originally Posted by Lord_Aevum
    Janos's wings retained their original colour upon his recovery from the same in BO2, no?
    Janos was blue, his wings were black. Where is the purple?

    (Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind a brown/grey-ish color, but I think blue is most natural.)
    Last edited by gzvirax; 6th Mar 2014 at 00:33.

  13. #63
    Originally Posted by gzvirax
    The original race of vampires from which Kain was resurrected also had blue skin. If you consider that Kain's corruption is slowly turning his lieutenants and their offspring more vampiric, it could make sense that their skin color might revert with their devolution.
    Kain was resurrected by Mortanius not the Ancient vampires.
    But that aside...i disagree with your theory, and as a counter-example i give you Vorador.
    Vorador is the first turned vampire, and yet as he aged he turned green. I frankly dunno where you came up with this idea that they must turn blue...

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    980
    Crossed wires there I think. You said there would be no surprise if the Razielim's wings were changed to blue due to their forced devolution from lack of blood. But the whole precedent for this is Janos, whose wings didn't change colour at all when he suffered 400 years of forced devolution from lack of blood, and ergo any chameleonic wings here would indeed be a surprise.

    Anyway, I'd humbly say it doesn't feel like a "for the love of god" type of imperative request to make, at least to me
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

  15. #65
    Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    Kain was resurrected by Mortanius not the Ancient vampires.
    I'm aware of that, but it was Janos' heart (an ancient vampire) that made it possible. Also, I'd like to impress that I don't think they should all be blue; it's just my preference for the Razielim, so I came up with an argument for it. However, the LOK wiki does seem to agree that the ancients had variations of blue skin.

    Originally Posted by Lord_Aevum
    Crossed wires there I think. You said there would be no surprise if the Razielim's wings were changed to blue due to their forced devolution from lack of blood. But the whole precedent for this is Janos, whose wings didn't change colour at all when he suffered 400 years of forced devolution from lack of blood, and ergo any chameleonic wings here would indeed be a surprise.

    Anyway, I'd humbly say it doesn't feel like a "for the love of god" type of imperative request to make, at least to me
    I'm not sure that I agree that Janos is a good counter-example for the starvation argument, given that he was an ancient vampire instead of something spawned from a revived human corpse.

    My argument was that devolution could have turned them blue in one of two ways: first, through starvation in the dark (which could have been remedied by now, as they slowly regain fairer Razielim traits through feeding); or secondly, through new vampiric traits acquired acquired in the devolution associated with all of Kain's second-generation vampires, which of course happens even when they're not starved.

    And though I'm pro-blue, the "for the love of god" was aimed at my being anti-purple; just ditch the purple and I'll be happy. In the end, this debate is best left up to the developers, so I'll drop this now.
    Last edited by gzvirax; 6th Mar 2014 at 01:16.

  16. #66
    Woah, now! We've got a blue supremacist on our hands!

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3
    I was hoping the "classic" skins would look closer to the lieutenants as they were shown in the sr1 opening cinematic...anyone else?

  18. #68
    Of the three "evolved" vampire skins, Clan Dumahim's looks the best, I think; it captures most accurately the transitional state between the fledgling vampires we typically see in Nosgoth and the fully (d)evolved vampires we originally saw in Soul Reaver. The Turelim look pretty good, too, but their faces look oddly stretched, as if the designers are trying to force the change. The Razielim are, sadly, the most disappointing. That's not all that surprising, considering the Razielim were all killed off by the time of 'Soul Reaver', so we never got to see what of forms they (d)evolved into. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I was pleased with their original design, and except for the armor that replaces their chitinous skin, their (d)evolved forms don't look all that different. I don't mind the idea of the mask, but I don't feel it's well-executed here; the horns especially look ridiculous, possibly because of how small they are. It's almost like they were an afterthought added on at the last second. Perhaps some hair to break up the smooth, round outline of the head?

  19. #69
    Originally Posted by JSMVLXRR7
    I was hoping the "classic" skins would look closer to the lieutenants as they were shown in the sr1 opening cinematic...anyone else?
    Erm its been a few hundred years since then the Lieutenants have evoled to look similar to the adult skins we have. Plus raziel's clan is supposed to look the closest to human since they got the biggesst part of kains gift. The only looked like crap before that because of the events of being sealed in the caves.

    The ones that are living through the war got enough blood to regain some of their forms. Plus I think the look fits and no I don't think they should look bluish just because raziel was burning for a 1000 years in a lake in order to turn blue. These are live and "healthy" vampires.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    26
    Originally Posted by shinros
    Erm its been a few hundred years since then the Lieutenants have evoled to look similar to the adult skins we have. Plus raziel's clan is supposed to look the closest to human since they got the biggesst part of kains gift. The only looked like crap before that because of the events of being sealed in the caves.

    The ones that are living through the war got enough blood to regain some of their forms. Plus I think the look fits and no I don't think they should look bluish just because raziel was burning for a 1000 years in a lake in order to turn blue. These are live and "healthy" vampires.
    For me this skin is at the same level of the default skin of tyrant and reaver. They look absolutely like the elder (just the skin of the wings and the blue color are different) they can't be at the same level of the evolved tyrant and reaver, remeber raziel would have be a dragon like in is devolved form (Daniel Cabuco say that in one post of is forum, with this link http://www.deviantart.com/art/Raziel...tion-278239056) so is childs too. We can have another skin more evolved.

  21. #71
    Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    So their clothing is essentially scrap armor lifted off of dead humans and refitted to them because they still aren't allowed the facilities or resources to craft their own. I can buy that but the horns I don't like just because I think they should be reversed with the base at the front and then curving back behind the head like a rams.



    It seems more streamlined or aerodynamic and it would fit attacks like the dive attack a little better.

    You realise these are the base concepts for such skins yeah? I am sure that in due time you will get any sorts of helmets to customise your character, and that includes different horn designs.

  22. #72
    So the evolved razielim are basically humans with wings? Imagine that evolved skin without the wings,some boots instead of thoese claws and a crossbow and tell me that's not another human class.I'm so dissapointed about this skin.
    Didn't u guys said in the lore that the more a vampire evolves he looks less human?Well that "evolved" skin looks more human than the original and yes i know the original was mutilated by starvation etc etc that doesn't make it right.
    I was expecting something with black bat-like wings like Raziel had before he was thrown into the abyss,with maybe wolf-like hair from the shoulders,to the neck and covering the lower jaw (that's instead of Raziel's cowl),some crapy armour on the feet,claws and some on te stomack and that was it...instead i get a human with wings.
    I've read all the posts about this skin and i find it funny that the only thing they don't like are the horns)
    I know that now everyone will be like "Oh u don't know what ur talking aboult,i love the new skin,good job SE ur the best,now gimme a beta key" (if u get the ideea) but i tell u that if i was playing the game right now and see all the classes evolve into thoese awesome vamps,and then the razielim evolve into that...human i would delete the character,if u guys don't wanna change the skin (cuz i know u worked hard for it maybe even implemented it into the game) at least give us the possibiliti NOT to turn into that when we reach that lvl u were talking about,i would rather not "evolve" into that.

  23. #73
    Originally Posted by LegacyOfKayn
    So the evolved razielim are basically humans with wings? Imagine that evolved skin without the wings,some boots instead of thoese claws and a crossbow and tell me that's not another human class.I'm so dissapointed about this skin.
    Didn't u guys said in the lore that the more a vampire evolves he looks less human?Well that "evolved" skin looks more human than the original and yes i know the original was mutilated by starvation etc etc that doesn't make it right.
    I was expecting something with black bat-like wings like Raziel had before he was thrown into the abyss,with maybe wolf-like hair from the shoulders,to the neck and covering the lower jaw (that's instead of Raziel's cowl),some crapy armour on the feet,claws and some on te stomack and that was it...instead i get a human with wings.
    I've read all the posts about this skin and i find it funny that the only thing they don't like are the horns)
    I know that now everyone will be like "Oh u don't know what ur talking aboult,i love the new skin,good job SE ur the best,now gimme a beta key" (if u get the ideea) but i tell u that if i was playing the game right now and see all the classes evolve into thoese awesome vamps,and then the razielim evolve into that...human i would delete the character,if u guys don't wanna change the skin (cuz i know u worked hard for it maybe even implemented it into the game) at least give us the possibiliti NOT to turn into that when we reach that lvl u were talking about,i would rather not "evolve" into that.
    As to what you said about being human i wont debate since i dont like fighting on the internet (its stupid) ill say this tho when you reach max lvl if they do that it should work as a normal skin for you to choose from you dont HAVE to play with that skin you can play as the default or other skins if thats what your saying.In the future they'd most likely make it so you can customize your class even more we still dont know whats going to happen in the future so just hang in there a little they listen to their community you dont know if we ask enough we might get what we want

  24. #74
    Originally Posted by Squarezilla
    As to what you said about being human i wont debate since i dont like fighting on the internet (its stupid) ill say this tho when you reach max lvl if they do that it should work as a normal skin for you to choose from you dont HAVE to play with that skin you can play as the default or other skins if thats what your saying.In the future they'd most likely make it so you can customize your class even more we still dont know whats going to happen in the future so just hang in there a little they listen to their community you dont know if we ask enough we might get what we want
    I'm not trying to fight either but i'm just so dissapointed about that skin...

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    3,075
    Didn't u guys said in the lore that the more a vampire evolves he looks less human?
    It also depends on the amount of corruption they carry, Raziel´s progeny got the biggest portion of Kain´s soul so they don´t devolve as much as the other clans. As Raziel explains in SR1:

    "My brother Melchiah was made last, and therefore received the poorest portion of Kain´s gift. Although immortal, his soul could not sustain the flesh which retained much of his previous human frailty. This weakness it seems was passed down to his offspring. Their fragile skins barely contain the underlying decay."

Page 3 of 10 First First 1234567 ... Last